News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kano Online Get together 2004

Started by admin, July 19, 2004, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Assalamu alaikum;

I just wish to bring to your attention that we are planning a get together in August of 2004 in Kano. Please let us have your opinion on this matter...

Thanks for your anticipated help.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Indabawa

Quote from: "admin"Assalamu alaikum;

I just wish to bring to your attention that we are planning a get together in August of 2004 in Kano. Please let us have your opinion on this matter...

Looking forward to meet our friend mrguest, with his printed satellite imagine,but why in Kano? you know some of us are now "settlers" in other communities.And may we know the reason behind the "get together" ?
e who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything.

alhaji_aminu

salam
Admin this is a wonderful idea. nasan last year kunyi wani function just like this one only that I missed it by 5 days. Allah ya bada sa'a.
Kuma, kamar yadda maigida Indabawa yacce, any idea on how to convene such a get together for the 'settlers'  in lands other than kano?

Indabawa: this get together is designed so that people will meet up with others and chat in an 'unvirtual medium', what ever tha means. It also provides an avenue for the bachelors and bachelorretes amongst us find suitable partners to have their living-happily-ever-after moment (just kidding).  

so, more power to admin.......

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
This August meeting is a good idea.

I hope the second Saturday of August (14th August 2004) will be convenient to most of the KNliners. Anyway, lets hear from others.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

Ni dai i have no objection whatsoever.Allah ya bada sa'a.
If there's anything i can do to help  :wink:
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Indabawa

August is fast approaching...we need to hear  more views on the impending get together...where are the Forumites? Speak up!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "Indabawa"

Looking forward to meet our friend mrguest, with his printed satellite imagine,but why in Kano? you know some of us are now "settlers" in other communities.And may we know the reason behind the "get together" ?

Kano I supposed is the right place cos they have done it there last year .so is not a discriminatory or selfish thing brother.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Nuruddeen

Quote from: "EMTL"Assalamu alaikum,
This August meeting is a good idea.

I hope the second Saturday of August (14th August 2004) will be conve
nient to most of the KNliners. Anyway, lets hear from others.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Indabawa

Quote from: "Nuruddeen"
Quote from: "Indabawa"

Kano I supposed is the right place cos they have done it there last year .so is not a discriminatory or selfish thing brother.

Who says anything about discrimination and selfishness?Does Nuruddeen actually knows the meaning of the name i bears -Indabawa ?

Admin,i think we better revert this discussinon forum in to vernacular! :lol:

Hafsy_Lady

Salamualaikum brothers...........
Mhmmm its been a while since I last stepped toe to the general forum is full of politics wahala which is so good though am so anti-politics and the topics here burns my head lol.
Anyway just to know whats the REALLLLLLLLLLLLL REAAAAAAAAL REAAAAAAAAL REALLLLLLLLLLLLL reason for the get together? Am not opposing to it in any way. But to meet people is not enough reason for me. JUST TO MEET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! In my own little thinking and from personal experiances. A freind of mine has a webiste & the freinds holds like a get to gether once a year. Alot of activities are organised. Like promoting the website, giving out souveniers, getting people that will sponsor like a few Nairas monthly for orphans(no amount is too little, you know..........and things like that. Myself and a few freind some who are also members of this forum were among those enlightening the less priviledged & illetrate women about the importance of hijab wearing, social values, religious values & we even helped a few women get jobs doing handcraft: tailoring, knitting, pot making and alot more. You know the members of kanoonline should really do something for society, for the less priviledged people,for muslim ummah.

It sounds dull if people are just going there to sit & say "oh that Aisha or that Amina or thats Aminu" well to me!!!!! :?  Finger foods & drinks sai pictures............thats all!!!!!!!! Well it still sounds a good idea. Thou admin u betta have a long agenda. Its up to individuals to make their selves present I guess alot will be willing to go.
Allah ya tabbatar da Alkhair
Ma'assalam
What you see is what you get[/b]

alhaji_aminu

salam

whoa Indabawa, slooooooooow down. It is true that Nurudeen goofed when he suggested that your clamor for a 'settler' get together is disciminatory. But that doesn't justify, not a bit, conducting our discussions in vernacular. I am sure so doing will give people the impression that we are a semiliterate bunch.

Lets maintain the status quo, anyone concur?

CIAO

Indabawa

Quote from: "myadudu"salam

whoa Indabawa, slooooooooow down. It is true that Nurudeen goofed when he suggested that your clamor for a 'settler' get together is disciminatory. But that doesn't justify, not a bit, conducting our discussions in vernacular. I am sure so doing will give people the impression that we are a semiliterate bunch.

Lets maintain the status quo, anyone concur?

CIAO

Of course myadudu, i'm just joking by implying to resort communicating in vernacular, but how could one make the likes of my "learned" brother Nuruddeen, to fully understand what your's sincerely meant by "why Kano", considering those of us that have become "settlers"?

mrguest

Idawada, if you can pay for my air ticket, i would come to kano.. It would cost $2000.. please also provide me.. with accomodation.
atch nigeria first online Television Naija television and 16 Nigeria radio, and 60 more Tv station around the world.
http://www.nigeriaone.com
http://www.nigeriaone.com

Indabawa

Quote from: "mrguest"Idawada, if you can pay for my air ticket, i would come to kano.. It would cost $2000.. please also provide me.. with accomodation.

Sincerely i would love to bankroll your expenses, but the aspixiating economy of Nigeria of today with the attendant suffering of people; as a result of the Obasanjo's misrule,it will be herculean for me to raise N280,000:00 simply to cater for you, while we have several pauparised and impoverished Nigerians who are essentially the victims of Obasanjo's collossal mismanagement.

It is the legacy of Kano people to accommodate and entertain their guests and i will be happy any time,any day to have you as a visitor,above all i believe our esteemed forumites would love to set their eyes on perhaps the only odd ball among the forum members.

Therefore,if you actually wish to attend the get together, then endevour to pronounce my name correctly.Nevertheless,we shall be happy to have you in Kano, so that you will have a first hand impression on the people you so much despise.

ummita

errr.......emmm.............well its nice, well done admin......but.......oh well...............no comments on mah side
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!