News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Northern Stars!!!!

Started by Blaqueen, November 27, 2002, 11:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaqueen

i'm juss wondering...  ::) would abacha and ibb really qualify?... i'm juss askin' ya'll...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

nura

1. Dr. Abdulkadir Sarki Abba

Finished Science Secondary School, Dawkin Tofa with 9 A's actually scored 519 in 600 marks of six subjects viz; Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Geography. Finished SBS with 16 points (Triple A) in Chemistry, Biology, Physics. Finished as best medical student of Medcine in ABU in 1990. He is now a doctor in the U.S.

Dr. Abba is trully a Northern Star

Dr. Abba Babandi

Finished from Science Secondary School Dawakin Kudu. A leading computer science doctor in Canada.

Alh. Misbahu El-Yakub

The first person to make a first class in physics in ABU.

Dr. Abubakar Gimba

Former President of the Association of Nigerian Authors and a writer of many novels.

Sheikh Abubakar Gummi

Receipient of King Faisal Award for the Hausa Translation of the Holy Qur'an.

Professor Jibril Aminu

Best Medical Student of Uniife(OAU)

Alh. Mohammad Kari

Youngest MD/CEO of the biggest insurance company in Africa NICON Insurance.

and so on. I will be updating from time to time.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Blaqueen

Anonymous

Well,the list will be endless,what of yara manyan gobe ;D.Amma muna so muji what do they really contribute to the devolopment of northen Nigeria,or to shorting it, to their constituency,gaskiya ina jin da kyar a samu mutum ashirin cikin wa'yanda kuka lissafa da yayi wani abin muzo mu gani ga marasa galihu na arewa ko kuma dalibai masu ilmi wa'yanda basu da gata,what we are interested in, is not their own personal achievements but the assistance rendered to the less priveleged.
Sau da yawa zaka ga cikin mutum dari na 'yan kudu dake karatu kashi sittin daga ciki masu kudin su ne suka biya musu,mu kuma anan arewa in badai lokacin da suke bukata a yi musu wani abu ba basa tunawa da talakawa >:(,sai dai kaji ance sun zama kaza a America ko Canada ko wani foreign country, shi talaka ina yaga halin haduwa dasu? :'( :-X

Rose

Having a Dr's Degree does not make people a Northern Star. because must of those Drs living abroad have not done a single thing to their country. they got their Degrees broad and remain there, So how can we call such a Northern Star?

Northern Star are they people who make a great contribution towards the development of the North or Nigeria in general. In one way or the other.

SO KNOW WHO YOU MENTION.
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

waleedarh

Quotei'm juss wondering... ?::) would abacha and ibb really qualify?... i'm juss askin' ya'll...
If there's anyone that deserves to be in this after Sardauna,it should be Abacha

Blaqueen

that's right Ice!!!

@walee..... why'd u say that?...

Blaqueen

larinski... check this man out....

Abubakar III, Sir Siddiq (1903-88)
Nigerian Muslim leader, Sultan of Sokoto.
Born at Dange, on 15th March 1903, same day on which the British finally subdued the Sokoto Caliphate...
Son of Usman Shehu, grandson of Mu'azu, direct descendent of Usman Dan Fodio...
Had Islamic Education...

Held several administrative posts before succeeding his uncle, Hassan Ibn Muazu, at age of 35...
1931, he was appointed a local authority councillor of the Sokoto Native Administration...
Head of Talata Mafara...
He distinguished himself by his administrative competence and the able way he dealt with appeals from traditional courts and supervised district and village heads...
Sardauna of Sokoto until 17 June 1938, when he became Sultan Abubakar III...

As the 17th Sultan of Sokoto and Sarkin Musulmi, he became the most important Islamic personality south of the Sahara, and highly respected....
Leader of 50million adherents of the Islamic faith in West Africa...
Although he did not occupy a visible political position in Nigeria, his de facto political influence was considerable and through out his life he worked towards the promotion of Nigeria's unity, he used his decisive influence over public affairs for the political abd social advancement of Nigeria as one nation...

He contributed a great deal to the maintainance of order and calm among the population of the then Northern Region after the 1966 coup in which Sir Ahmadu Bello was killed...
During the civil war, he helped to mobilise men for the Federal forces...

Abubakar saw the development of his country in a different light from many of his more conservative co-religionists...

He encouraged further education for females and voting for women in purdah, and urged the liberation of women in these respects.  As a result the Women Teacher's Training College in Sokoto was founded...

His faith in and identification with the quest for knowledge led to his appointment as Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, whish awarded him an honorary LLD degree...

During his life, however, Abubakar, in common with other traditional rulers, witnessed several inroads into his power base, such as loss of control over the local courts, prisons, and police...
But because of his mature outlook he did not allow these developments to affect his concern for the welfare of his people...
He saw these changes as inevitable in the wider context of the country's politics and in the overall interest of Nigeria's development...

When Northern People's Congress was formed in 1951 and his support was needed to launch the new party and mobilise the Northern people for the independence movement, he readily gave it.

Abubakar took the post of Minister withough Portfolio in the Northern Regional Government in order to give the new administration headed by Sir Ahmadu Bello.
He stood head and shoulders above the politicians of all hues, in a way that allowed him to be accessible to all.

When party politics became relly devisive he stepped out of it to safeguard his role as the spiritual leader, but continued to be looked up to by other leaders on certain governmental issues.

He was knighted by the British in 1944 and after Nigeria attained independence was made Grand Commander of the Order of Niger by the Federal Government.

He had great love of poetry and, as a traditionalist, kept the culture of his people alive while recognising the need to develop their potential and achieve progress in the modern world.
He ruled the emirate for one of the longest reigns in its history, from 17 June 1938 to 1 November 1988 when he died, having celevrated only four months earlier his fiftieth year in the throne.
He left behind 52 children and 320 direct grandchildren.

Sultan Abubakar III is best remembered by his compatriots as a religious leader who rose above the religious dissensions of his day and through out his life played the role of peace-maker and father of all.

source: Makers of Modern Afri

ummita

ETRACTED FROM DYMES STATEMENT::
Nigeira, Africa, or Earth!!!!!!...
i'm tired of *some* southerners thinkin' we all illetrates and we aint got nuthin' to show... sun rayna mana wayo, wallah, and its time to show 'em, HANDS DOWN, we got whut it takes!

Well 2 me Dyme, honetly I c no reason y u shud worry about wat d sourtherners think.

The southerners think we r illetrate, so we act illetrates to confirm their prejudices. Then we reveal ourselves as intelligent, and by doing so, subvert the prejudice more effectively that we would with an immediate barrage of intellect-which only causes confusion & untimately resentment, there by makin them d illertates............ :D U c no worries....we betta pass them
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Anonymous

Every body seems to forget this group of super star Northerners

Dr. Salisu Danyaro    founder Kanoonline etc
Dr. Ismail Iro           founder gamji.com
Magaji Galadima       coordinator/sponsor gamji.com
Muhammad Hashim Gumel  Founder  gumel.com

or what do you say oh fine queen??????

Blaqueen

hahah.. tru talk @ ummita

yeah amina, i guess u can say so... :)

Anonymous

How about you name any that's not a political appointee?

And yes since I have been in the States I have only met one hausa person.

Anonymous

Wake up! 'Cos you must be dreaming. You call people that would go on rampage simply because a newspaper writer (not even the editor) wrote something allegedly blasphemous about a prophet? Clearly some people can't differentiate between what's reported in a newspaper and the paper's position on an issue. And even if the paper supported the writer, is that cause enough to start MURDERING innocent people? Did Mr. Joe Brown on the street write the article?

QuoteETRACTED FROM DYMES STATEMENT::
Nigeira, Africa, or Earth!!!!!!...
i'm tired of *some* southerners thinkin' we all illetrates and we aint got nuthin' to show... sun rayna mana wayo, wallah, and its time to show 'em, HANDS DOWN, we got whut it takes!

Well 2 me Dyme, honetly I c no reason y u shud worry about wat d sourtherners think.

The southerners think we r illetrate, so we act illetrates to confirm their prejudices. Then we reveal ourselves as intelligent, and by doing so, subvert the prejudice more effectively that we would with an immediate barrage of intellect-which only causes confusion & untimately resentment, there by makin them d illertates............ :D U c no worries....we betta pass them

Blaqueen

hmm.. u dis pesin.. wheytin be ur own..?
i have seen a lot of nigerians, but they fail to recognize meeh as one!.. and i bet u've seen a lot of northerners walk by, ya'll just fail to recognize us. that's all...

are u aware that Hausa books are being read all over the world?? ?? someone told meeh about the book "maganan jarice" or something like that..... and i'm gonna get it!

the North has excellent diplomats being awarded prizes and recognized in other countries...

look, this wont take us any where.... there are luts of people worth praising all over the world... so juss go sleep...

and make sure u dont get a heart disease... u seem to hate a lot...

ummita

QuoteWake up! 'Cos you must be dreaming. You call people that would go on rampage simply because a newspaper writer (not even the editor) wrote something allegedly blasphemous about a prophet? Clearly some people can't differentiate between what's reported in a newspaper and the paper's position on an issue. And even if the paper supported the writer, is that cause enough to start MURDERING innocent people? Did Mr. Joe Brown on the street write the article?

Mista or na misis Southener u bi. I no dey dream, if na dream I no go fit put this. (*hiss*) My firen comments like yuwa misinterpretation make me wanna by concentrated hydrochloric acid & pour it on ur face.  :P

Say u get a muslim............which of course wont b soooooooo ill mannered 2 post up a topic sayin............4 xample...... pope john paul would definately choose a wife among d contestant.

As a patriotic beliver wat wud u du? Du u xpect us 2 sit down fold ur hands & ignore such disrespect?

Talkin about editor or writer they r all birds of d same feathers wat makes a writa: makes an editor.

Murder: u call it murder yeah ryt: that y I c yrs bck durin d Kaduna riot: non of d non-muslims committed murder!!!!! ::) Well I wont call it murder: rather every1s fightin 4 justice with is a truth in action.

Even in Bible Exodus: it says: eye 4 an eye,tooth 4 tooh so....if a muslim shud make any provocatice statement then of course a non muslim can seek justice. Well any person lookin 4 justice 2 those that did him/her wrong will see it as a threat bcuz injustice anywhere is a threat 2 justice everywhere.

So tryin 2 seek justice on whether na repoter abi na editor or writa has indeed caused threat which broke in2 violence & then riot........
Oga or na madam southerener, I du respect ur comments but wat u r sayin here is either part of a solution or part of d problem. Wat is done has already been done, lets put behind all that has happened. B u a muslim, a christian, hindu, Buddhist, Jewe whether u worship, Harikrishna, Messiah, Jesus, Allah  it dont matta. Because obviously when it cumz down 2 religion every religion takes theirs 2 b d best. And 2 me religion is by no means a proper subject of conversation in a mixed company.  
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!