News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Where do you get your news?

Started by sdanyaro, June 16, 2003, 10:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
In the past i use to be an ardent listener of VOA and BBC Radio news but discovered that their news only make one confuesd every morning, they have been adding so much salt in the news.. especially when it comes Irag issue.

I think 'Ducthwelle' is more reliable. Daily Trust Newspapers and Gamji.com are fantastic.

EMTL.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Guduma

That is true EMTL especially if one takes into consideration the latest news about Udey and Qusey Saddam. For the sake of God, what is the benefit to the Americans when those two were killed? Afterall they have yet to explain the reason of attacking Iraq since no wmd were found. As for news listening, I will categorize mine as follows, I stopped listening to nigerian news because of the senseless type of news reporting and biasness. I only listen to people when expressing views about any "news". Secondly, I listen to any news that is good to my ears only!

Waziri

Salisu,

Mine is not only news but they are "NEWSES".

Sincerely speaking, what we read and hear everyday especially in Nigeria here is always almost fititious. Yes, I think we may conviniently call dem "fititious newses".

I always prefer reading analysis and books written about events and ideas than to listen to news or read  about happenings in  nigerian dailies.

May be if I have a friend in newspaper publishing house... yes, he can help me with the real and more authentic news than the refined one that is published by newspapers.

BBC or VOA may tell one d truth bout what is happening in  his country but bout d world and there own countries? they tell u only d good things. Everything can nearly be said to be politicised in dis money-oriented, capitalist  world of ours.

Tis unfortunate

Salam