News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TIPS TO LIVING LIFE COMPLETELY

Started by _Waziri_, December 29, 2004, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Waziri_

I am sorry please, I did not write this. But I have been using it for years. May be we should share it together.

TIPS TO LIVING LIFE COMPLETELY

1.   Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2.   Memorise your favourite poem.
3.   Don?t believe all you here, spend all you have, and sleep all  you want.
4.    When you say, ?I love you?, mean it.
5.   When you say, ? I am sorry?, look the person in the eye.
6.   Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7.   Believe in love at first sight.
8.   Never laugh at anyone?s dreams.
9.   Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it?s the only way to live life completely.
10.   In disagreements fight fairly. No name-calling.
11.   Don?t judge people by their relatives.
12.   Talk slowly, but think quick.
13.   When someone asks you a question you don?t want to answer, smile and ask, ?why do you want to know??
14.   Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risks.
15.    Call your mom as often as U miss her.
16.   Say ?God bless you? when you hear someone sneeze.
17.   When you lose do not lose the lesson.
18.   Remember the three R?s: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
19.   Don?t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
20.   When you realise you?ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
21.   Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
22.   Marry a spouse you love to talk to. As you get older, his or her conversational skill will be as important as any other.
23.   Spend sometime alone.?
24.   Open your arms to change, but don?t let go of your values.
25.   Remember that silence is sometime the best answer.
26.   Read more books and watch less TV.
27.   Live a good honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you?ll get to enjoy it a second time.
28.   Trust in God but lock your car.
29.   A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
30.   In disagreements with loved ones, deal with a current situation. Don?t bring up the past.
31.   Read between the lines.
32.   Share your knowledge. It?s a way to achieve immortality.
33.   Be gentle with the earth.
34.   Pray. There is immeasurable power in it.
35.   Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
36.   Mind your own business.
37.   Once a year, go some place you?ve never been before.
38.   If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth?s greatest satisfaction.
39.   Remember that not getting what you is sometimes a stroke of luck.
40.   Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
41.   Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
42.   Remember that your character is your destiny.
43.   Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

bobboss

Surely, he who keeps to this all , will surely be at piece with himself and others and always happy.
m an advocate for the maintenance and preservation of the northern cultural heritage.and advocate for the movement of the northern agenda and its actaulization.

_Waziri_

That was great Bobbos, I am ready to give clarifications or philosophical explanations to each item that is not clear. Thank you once again.

dan kauye

Quote from: "_Waziri_"Believe in love at first sight.

er..ehem waziri,while i agree wit most of these quotes..i cant help but wonder why one has 2 believe in luv @ 1st sight...sumtymes its not luv fa..it cud be lust,infatuation..etc..i think u get 2 really luv som1 wen u two get close,as in u hav 2 elavate & see beyond d physical attributes & all..dont get me wrong..i know it works somtymes/ for some..but does one really hav 2 believe in kuv @ 1st sight??? xplain plz...
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

_Waziri_

Salam,

dan kauye,

You see, if you can recall, the greatest and ofcourse sweetest love stories you ever heard were the ones that started with the wordings: The first time I saw her..... The first day I met him....The first time our eyes clocked.... and so on.

Even the famous love movie, TITANIC began that way and I can vividly remember  the great song, Let's Chill, which  started with the lyrics:

From the first time
I saw your face
Girl I knew I had to have you...........

You see, lust is usually a desire to make love or some vague feeling that is purely sensual. And infatuation sees beauty or anything physical. But when you meet someone and you feel for no reason or even attachment of anykind that you want to see that person for the second time, know that it is LOVE. Though still that does not mean you will want to marry that person. For love alone does not make marriage. Some other things most come before LOVE turns to Partnership.

_Waziri_

Just dunno, but this life appears to be very flexible. I am just wondering if I can still hold to the many statements I made up there!! Life is so flexible!

HUSNAA

Attraction at first sight? Yes. Love? A definite no no. I entirely agree with Dan Kauye.
To me love is just a pull to get two ppl together as a married couple or as partners. Once that's achieved, it runs away, becos it's done its job!!!
Now depending on the individuals, something even better than love takes its place, or on the other hand, total revulsion sets in - depends on how couples handle each other.
I wouldnt advise on approaching love and cooking with reckless abandon; one could set one's self on fire in both cases!!!! :D  :D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

sdanyaro

HUSNAA
QuoteTo me love is just a pull to get two ppl together as a married couple or as partners. Once that's achieved, it runs away, becos it's done its job!!!
This is the best definition of Love I have ever come across. ...
Thanks for this new perspective.

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

lionger

This looks like chit-chat material Waziri  :P . Neways here goes:

2. Memorise your favourite poem. Poem??? To each his own..
3. Don?t believe all you here, spend all you have, and sleep all you want. Yes to the first, but any nigerian who does the second and third will die of hunger
7. Believe in love at first sight. Never. Wrong, dangerous advice.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it?s the only way to live life completely. You WILL get hurt!
15. Call your mom as often as U miss her. Nah, not that often. We all have to sprout emotional wings someday...grow up kid.
16. Say ?God bless you? when you hear someone sneeze. Actually the person who sneezes should be the one to say 'God bless you'. He's releasing filthy germs into the air!
28. Trust in God but lock your car. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D the very words Nigerians live by..
43. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.Berra put the psychiatrist and fire department on speed dial first... :twisted:  

_Waziri_

Naaah! lionger this isn't a chit-chat material. It really is a serious stuff in which in my temporary "madness" I feel can be practiced.

2. Actually not to each his own, cos, not everybody writes poetry but hardly is anybody without a favourite song or poem. You memorise yours please, and yu will find it making happy whenever you remember the content at any particular time.

3. Yes you spend all you have justifiably, for it reactivates the crave to get more money within shortest possible time. Yu also sleep all yu want, for most people die from depression when they do not sleep "all they want".

7. Always, Right, best advice! For you cannot run away from emotional troubles, even those yu spend time with b/4 falling in love with them. Therefore make your life simpler and accept things just the way they are. Staying with ppl longer before falling in love with them have never solved any love's problem before.

9. Yes, but you live life completely for it is the experince of slavely that makes freedom a priceless possesion. It is sadness that makes happiness desirable. It is hatred that makes love juicy. It is heartbreak that makes a healed heart most enduring. It is the rule of nature.

15. OK, then, you are likely to be denying urself d pleasures of getting what u want at the time u want it. But try calling ur mom as adviced then u will see. That is if you feel u miss her at the interval of one year, do call her once in a year. It goes like that, if it were month, months, days, day, hours, hour, minutes, minute, seconds, second.... or even first :lol:  :lol:  

16. That is courtesy man, giving always, even if there is no expectation for reciprocity.

28. Yes, Nigerians and other humankind live by the same truth everywhere!

43. NO! NO! it did not say you approach the fire that does the cook with reckless abandon. It also did not say you neglect the object of your love but only the love itself.

Gotta go. The Athan is calling for Friday prayer!