News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What Obasanjo Says

Started by _Waziri_, May 17, 2005, 10:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Waziri_

" What has the North contributed to this country? And if not for people like us, the South-South would still remain slaves of the South East."

The above is what OBJ is reported to have said in a closed door meeting with some senior members of the National Assembly.

Leadership, a weekly newspaper, 17th May, 2005.

mallamt

is this not rumour mongering? evidence please.  Do not pass the guilty verdict without hearing both sides of the story.  This is not what I expect from a logical, analytical, research minded person.  I believe you are posting this because you have a position on the statement, maybe you should state your position so that we can discuss it, but please remember be able to back and proof that the statement was actually made and it is not some kind of name spoiling taking place

alhaji_aminu

salam

The contempt OBj has for us here in the North is alarming. He may have be a willing head of state in the 1970's, but as Awoniyi said the other day, he is vindictive and temperamental. If anything, his appoint Bola Ige, who compared fulanis to Tutsis, should have taught the Fulanis a lesson. But they never learn, do they?

His altracation with Abacha has made him cast all Northerners in one boat. Truth is he is now acting the script of yoruba conservatives who have never shyed away from calling us all manner of names (illiterates, donkeys, almajiris and what have you).

But as I have said many times, the blame rest with our elite here in the north. Certainly Obasanjo being the person in question is culpable but it is the elite here in the North, the IBB's, the Atiku's, the Lar's, the Ciroma's etc, that we should concentrate our anger on because it it they who rehabilitated OBJ.

The other day, Alhaji Musan Musawa said Obasanjo was taken from prison to the presidency and if he doesn't take care, he will be taken to prison from the presidency.

Perhaps if everyone, like Musan Musawa- who acted honestly in campaigning for OBJ, had adopted BUhari as their choice in 2003, all these problems would not have arisen.

Who knows what he might do tommorow. There is a rumor going round that they want to reduce the LGA in Kano just to teach them almajiris a lesson.

I say more power to Obasanjo.

_Waziri_

Oh! Mallamt, I guess you couldn't have been so blind to have not seen a good reference I gave. In case you were for one moment look this way for the second time:

Leadership, a weekly newspaper, 17th May, 2005.

Concerning my opinion about what he said I do not think it is neccesary. I only chose to report here. But i dunno, maybe what you will say next may make it worth my while to comment.

mallamt

_waziri_
yes indeed i noticed the reference but one thing you can hold me very guilty of is that I am very sceptical of the media and tend to analyse what they say.  First I look for what group they support, what interests they have or want to protect.  You remember what some south based papers tried to do to Buhari on a comment attributted to him concerning sharia?  That is why I am asking for some kind of verification of the comment and if possible OBJ's own reaction and or comments.