News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF AL-MAHDI

Started by bamalli, May 11, 2005, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF AL MAHDI

HARUN YAHYA

His Lineage

According to the narration of Ali (r.a), the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
?If only one day in life remains, Allah (the Exalted) will send a man (Al Mahdi) from the Family of my House.?
Abu Davud

Narrated from Ali (r.a); our Prophet (saas) said:
?Al Mahdi is from the Family of my House.?

From Said B. el M?seyyeb (r.a); our Prophet (saas) said:
?Al Mahdi is from the children of Fatima.?
Ibn Mace

Be heralded with Al Mahdi. He is a person from Quraysh and from the Family of my House.
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 13

Ibnu Mes?ud narrated: ?The Messenger of Allah (saas) said: ?One man from the Family of my House, his name is like my name and his father?s name is like my Father?s name. He will fill the world with fairness and justice, just as it had been filled by harm and transgressions.?
Tirmizi)

All prophets are the descendants of one another. Al Mahdi (a.r.) is also from this lineage. The ones who are the descendants of this lineage are called the Seyyid (descendant of the Prophet).

Verse interpretations in the indicated meaning:

?Our Lord, make us submitters to You, and from our descendants let there be a community of submitters to You. Teach us the rites of our religion, and redeem us. You are the Redeemer, Most Merciful.? (Surat al-Baqara: 128)

?Allah has chosen Adam, Noah, the family of Abraham and the family of Amram (as messengers) to the people.? (Surah Al ?Imran: 33)

From among their ancestors, their descendants, and their siblings, we chose many, and guided them in a straight path. (Surat-al-An?am: 87)

He will be handsome

He (Al Mahdi) will be handsome and his face will be beautiful. The divine light of his face reaches for his head and the black of his hair.
Mehdilik ve Imamiye (Mahdism and Imam Mahdi), 153 (From Ikdud, Durer)

His face is like a glittering star.
El-Kavlu'l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 33
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 22

Verse interpretation in the indicated meaning:

When she heard of their gossip, she invited them, prepared for them a comfortable place, and gave each of them a knife (to peel the fruit). She then said to him (Joseph), ?Enter their room.? When they saw him, they so admired him that they cut their hands and they said: ?Glory be to Allah, this is not a human being. This is an honorable angel!? (Surat Yusuf: 31)

He will have the seal of prophethood on his shoulder

Al Mahdi will have the seal of prophethood like that of our Prophet on his shoulder.
El-Kavlu Fi Muhtasarr Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 41

He will have the Sign of the Prophet upon his shoulder.
Signs of the Judgment Day, 165
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 23

Upon his Shoulder is the Sign of the Prophet.
Signs of the Judgment Day, 163

As can be understood from the Hadiths, Al Mahdi will have a seal of prophethood between his shoulders, which can be clearly seen, just as that of the Messenger of Allah (praise and peace upon him).

Narrated from Cabir b. Semure (r.a.):
The seal of the Messenger of Allah (saas) was a lump as big as a pigeon egg.
Tirmizi

Narrated from Abdullah b. Sercis (r.a):
?I looked at the seal of prophethood covered with spots resembling warts between his two shoulder blades, on the part of the left shoulder blade.
Ibni Kesir- Semail-i Resul, 53

Narrated from Abu Saib b. Yezid (r.a.):
I caught the sight of the seal between the two shoulders of our Prophet (saas). I noticed that it is as big as the bridal chamber button.
Tirmizi

His color

His color is that of the Arab.
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 24

Note: The complexion of the Arab race is white mixed with red.

Al Mahdi?s color will be Arabic.
(Signs of the Judgment Day, 163)
(El - Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 29)
(Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 24)

He will be dark-skinned.

Enes b. Malik (r.a) told the following regarding the color of our Prophet (saas):
?He was white. But the whiteness tended to resemble dark color.
Ibni Kesir, Semail-ur - Resul, 28

The purpose of the term ?dark? is to prove that the color is not pure white but mixed with a little red; because the color of the Messenger of Allah (praise and peace be upon him) is like the color of a person who has just had a bath. That is, the sacred color of the Messenger of Allah (praise and peace be upon him) was blessed white mixed with red.
Ibni Kesir, Semail-ur - Resul, 28

The complexion that tends to resemble red, which comes into existence as a result of the effects of the sun and winds, is called dark complexion; and the color of the skin remaining under the clothes so that no sunrays reach is called white complexion.

His stature

Al Mahdi?s body is like that of the children of Israel.
El-Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 36 29

His body is like that of Israel.
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 24

Al Mahdi looks like the men from the children of Israel. (His manners look like that of the children of Israel, i.e. imposing and hardy.)
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 23 30

His height

Al Mahdi will have an average height.
Signs of the Judgment Day
El-Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 41

Enes B. Malik said in his narration that: The Messenger of Allah (saas) had an average height.

As it is known, the original word ?Rab?a? used in the Hadith regarding the height means having a normal and average height. However, there is a limit for a person who is taller compared to the normal height, because a normal height is the height that equals to seven hand spans with the hand of the owner of the height.
Tirmizi

His age

When he is sent, he will be between 30 and 40 years old.

Al Mahdi is a man from my children. He is in his 40s.
El-Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 41

He is 40 years old. According to another narration, he is between 30 and 40 years old.

His beard

His beard will be copious and THICK.
El-Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 23

His beard is THICK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------THE TIME WHEN AL MAHDI WILL EMERGE

Reported from Enes Malik; the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
?The life of the world will be seven days in the days of the Hereafter. Allah, the Exalted, said, ?One day is like a thousand year in the sight of your Lord.?

From Enes b. Malik; the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
?For the one who meets a need of a co-religionist on the way to Allah, Allah, the Mighty, the Glorified, rewards him merits during the seven-thousand-year life of this world as if he had spent his days fasting and nights worshipping.
Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 88

The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used similes while telling about the matters relating to the past, future and the life in the Hereafter.

The purpose of ?7 thousand years? is not that the real life of the world is 7 thousand years. At that time, the narrations relating to ?7 thousand years? may be based on an important event in the history of mankind such as a beginning of a calendar, for example, based on the time when people adopted settled-life and re-beginning of life on earth with a clear direction after the Flood. In other words, as if the history of mankind had been considered to have almost restarted as from that date, the years might have started increasing from zero.

Some doctors of Muslim Theology named the period after Noah, praise and peace be upon him, as the re-beginning of the history of mankind in the World. Just as the Christians assume that an important event occurred 2000 years ago pertaining to the Christian era, and determine the time by saying before and after that time regarding it as a beginning, it may indicate a calendar 7 thousand years before and after a specific point in time in the history of mankind to determine the time. In other words, if the life of the world were 7 thousand years, and if one said that we are living on this or that date, then a specific timing is being made. Imam Rabbani reported the following narration in ?Mektubat?:

Approximately 124 thousand prophets have come and gone.

Mektubat-i Rabbani, 1/354

As from Adam, total of 124 thousand prophets had passed until our Prophet Muhammad (saas). According to another narration, Imam-i Rabbani said:

The time when ?1000 years? have passed is the time when a prophet highest in rank comes in the past communities?

Mektubat-i Rabbani, 1/495

Normally, there came a prophet every 100 years and a prophet highest in rank came every 1000 years.

If we assume that one prophet came every 100 years, as from Adam (as), until our Prophet Muhammad (saas) total of:

124.000 x 100 = 12.400.000 (Twelve million four hundred thousand) years should have passed.

Therefore, by saying ?7 thousand years?, our Prophet (saas) did not mean the real life of the world but the beginning of an important event in the history of mankind. (Allahualem)

Ahmet Ibni Hanbel?s narration:
Five thousand six hundred years have passed on earth.

Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 89

We have seen that the hadiths mentioned above indicated that the life of the world is 7 thousand years. Here, it is indicated that 5 thousand 600 years had passed until our Prophet (praise and peace be upon him). According to the above narration, the life of the People is until the year 1400 according to the Muslim Calendar. (7000-5600=1400) (Allah knows the best)

Narrated from Abdullah (r.a.): The Messenger of Allah (saas) said: ?A man whose name is like my name from the Family of my House will govern?
Even if there remained only one day left in the world, Allah, the Exalted, will prolong that day until he governs.

Tirmizi

As narrated from Ali (peace be upon him), the Messenger of Allah (praise and peace be upon him) said:
?Even if there only remains but one day left in the world, Allah, the Exalted, will send a man from the Family of my House.?

Ebu Davud

Ibn-i Mace and Ebu Naim narrated from Abu Hureyre; the Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
?If it were the last day of life, Allah will prolong that day until He sends a man from the Family of my House.?

Kitab-ul Burhan Fi Alameti-il Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 10
El-Kavlu-l Muhtasar Fi Alamatil Mehdiyy-il Muntazar, 27
Olum-Kiyamet -Ahiret ve Ahir Zaman Alametleri (Death, Judgment Day and Resurrection), p. 437

As far as we understand from the narrations and conditions above, the year 1400 according to the Muslim Calendar is also the year when Al Mahdi will emerge. Even if there only remains 1 day(!) to the year 1400 according to the Muslim Calendar, the Judgment Day will be delayed to let Al Mahdi perform his mission. (Allah knows the best)

There is a narration correctly conveyed from Ibni Abbas; He said that, ?The life of the Earth is seven days, one day is like a thousand years and the Messenger of Allah (saas) was sent by the end of it.?

Narrated from Dakkak b. Zeyd-u Cuheni:
I told a dream I had had to the Messenger of Allah (praise and peace be upon him). Our Prophet (praise and peace be upon him) was on the top step of a seven-step pulpit. He said, ?The seven-step pulpit represents the 7 thousand years that is the life of the world. And I will be in the last thousand of it.?

Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 89

As far as we understand from the narrations above, the life of the people is until the year 1400 according to the Muslim Calendar. In the year 1400 according to the Muslim Calendar, that 1 day (that equals to one thousand years) will have ended. Whereas, the people were waiting for Al Mahdi (as) to emerge on that day. Then, that one day (of thousand years) will be prolonged to allow Al Mahdi (a.r.) to perform his mission.

Imam Rabbani reported that Al Mahdi would come in the second thousand years after 1000 (one thousand) years had passed upon the death of our Prophet (saas).

However, what is expected is that; after one thousand years have passed, this hidden state will be renewed. He will be given superiority to find water? Thus, the essential virtues will befall and cover his abasement. And let Al Mahdi come.
May Allah be pleased with him.
Mektubat-i Rabbani, 1/569

The Islamic Law?s strengthening merits, its renewing the people will be in this second thousand. The evidence for the truth of this proposition is that Jesus (as) and Al Mahdi (as.) will exist in that thousand.

The ones who are from the community of the Messenger of Allah (saas) are highly dignified. In other words, it does not matter if the number of them is too low after one thousand years have passed upon the death of the Messenger of Allah (saas). The reason why they are so dignified is that, the reinforcement of the Islamic Law will be complete. And the reason why Al Mahdi will come after one thousand years have passed is this. His blessed coming was heralded by the last Messenger of Allah (saas). Also Jesus (as) will descend after one thousand years have passed.
Mektubat-i Rabbani 1/440

The second thousand years starts after one thousand years have passed upon the death of our Prophet (saas). According to the explanations of Imam-i Rabbani, Al Mahdi (a.r.) will come within the second thousand years. The most suitable time for that is between 1400-1600. These years are the middle of the second thousand years. Between 1400 and 1500 (according to the Muslim Calendar) Islam?s domination will be expected and between 1500 and 1600 corruption and the Judgment Day will be expected.

The life of the people will exceed 1000 years, but not exceed 1500 years.

Signs of the Judgment Day, 299

Beddiuzaman Said Nursi quoted from Celaleddin Suyuti?s book titled ?El-Kesfu Fi Mucazeveti Hazin el-Ummeti El Elfe Ellezi Dellet Aleyh el-Asar" that the life of the people would be until the year 1506.

??The first sentence indicates with the figure one thousand five hundred (1500) the final times of a group of fighters of Islam in the end of time; and the second sentence indicates with the figure one thousand five hundred and six (1506) the date of the victorious fighting for Islam.
(?) it implies that it will continue apparently and evidently and perhaps victoriously until this date (i.e. 1506)"

Sikke-i Tasdik-i Gaybi, 46

Some doctors of Muslim theology, including Imam Suyuti (as.), say that the life of the people will continue until the year 1500 (according to the Muslim Calendar) and that then corruption will start (Allah knows the best).

According to the hadiths, Al Mahdi (as) will live 40 years after emerging. And in the hadiths regarding Jesus (as), he will stay on earth for about 40-45 years. Al Mahdi (as) and Jesus (as) will live together in some portion of that period of time, and it is about 7-10 years. According to the above information, after the death of Al Mahdi (as) and Jesus (as), the year will be around 1475-1480. For 20-25 years as from these years to 1500, the people will try to maintain the situation.

The following narration informs that Al Mahdi will emerge by the beginning of the century:

Because, he (Al Mahdi) will come by the beginnings of centuries.

Mektubat-i Rabbani

As explained above, according to the narration of Imam Suyuti, the life of the Muslims will not exceed 1500 (one thousand five hundred) years. Only one beginning of a century has remained to the year 1500: that is the beginning of the 1400s according to the Muslim Calendar.

The Messenger of Allah (saas) said:
?The Day of Judgment will not come unless one hundred years through which Allah is not worshipped have passed on earth.?

Al-Burhan fi Alamat al-Mahdi Akhir al-Zaman, 92

After a prosperous century has passed upon the signs mentioned in the above narrations, and after a period of approximately a hundred years during which cruelty and blasphemy will dominate, the Judgment Day will be expected.

The calculation done will only be verified if Al Mahdi emerges by the beginning of the 14th century according to the Muslim Calendar.

Sources:

http://www.endoftimes.net/08mahdiandtheendtimes.html