News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PLEASE i need your help

Started by neozizo, January 14, 2006, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neozizo

Salaam,Jama'a i need your help.
Can someone  please tell me the Hausa word for PLEASE? :?  :?  :?

mlbash

TO MAL.ZIZO IN BA RIGIMAR KABA, KA MANTA DA 'DON ALLAH'. YOU KNOW WHAT? DON'T FORGET SOMETIME OR RATHER MOST ATIMES YOU CAN NOT HAVE A DIRECT TRANSLATION MATCHING THE INTENDED MEANING!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

neozizo

Quote from: "mlbash"TO MAL.ZIZO IN BA RIGIMAR KABA, KA MANTA DA 'DON ALLAH'. YOU KNOW WHAT? DON'T FORGET SOMETIME OR RATHER MOST ATIMES YOU CAN NOT HAVE A DIRECT TRANSLATION MATCHING THE INTENDED MEANING!
mlbash, ba rigimabane.I just want to find out if there is really no direct translation in hausa for a fundamental word like please in Hausa.
So how do maguzawa say please before they had religion?

DON ALLAH=for God's sake, right?

gimbiya_khady

to cut a long story short the word PLEASE in hausa is DON ALLAH, even though "don allah" means "4 god sakes"..thats also wat PLEASE is okey..so everyone plz just chill.

bakangizo

Quote from: "gimbiya_khady"...so everyone plz just chill.
Why? :?

Anyway, mallam zizo, I think the closest you can get for "please" in Hausa is 'DON ALLAH'. Me think it all depends on the context on which you want to use the word. So it's either Don Allah or Yi Hakuri (as in apologising for an offence) etc.

neozizo

Quote from: "gimbiya"to cut a long story short the word PLEASE in hausa is DON ALLAH, even though "don allah" means "4 god sakes"..thats also wat PLEASE is okey..so everyone plz just chill.
gimbiya_khady, Don ALLAH no one is hot.
So i take there isn't an original way to say please in Hausa.....
Does this mean Hausa people weren't really polite?Was the introduction of Don Allah to the language kinda of an after thought?

mlbash

Quote from: "zizo"
Quote from: "gimbiya"to cut a long story short the word PLEASE in hausa is DON ALLAH, even though "don allah" means "4 god sakes"..thats also wat PLEASE is okey..so everyone plz just chill.
gimbiya_khady, Don ALLAH no one is hot.
So i take there isn't an original way to say please in Hausa.....
Does this mean Hausa people weren't really polite?Was the introduction of Don Allah to the language kinda of an after thought?

DON'T CONCLUDE YET, NONE OF US STUDY HAUSA LANGUAGE ADVANCELY, SO MY ADVISE IS FOR YOU TO KEEP ON SEARCHING, YOU'LL HAVE A BREAKTHROUGH.
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

HUSNAA

Quote from: "zizo"Salaam,Jama'a i need your help.
Can someone  please tell me the Hausa word for PLEASE? :?  :?  :?

How about 'Don Iyayen ka/ki?' Or 'Ba don halina ba?' Although don iyayen ka is used as a form of child scolding by adults, but it could serve as a respectful form of asking a person something, since parents are much revered.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

neozizo

Quote from: "HUSNAA"How about 'Don Iyayen ka/ki?' Or 'Ba don halina ba?' Although don iyayen ka is used as a form of child scolding by adults, but it could serve as a respectful form of asking a person something, since parents are much revered.
LOL