News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

2003 Presidential Elections

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2003, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Assalamu Alaikum,
This is a message to all Muslims including our scholars, traditional and civilian leaders that it is an obligatory duty upon everyone to uplift our religion with our votes in the forth coming elections especially the presidential which is the most controversial one. We must strive to see our president is a Muslim. Surely, with our prayers, campaign, preaching Allah shal be with us.

Brother in Islam
Nabeel B. Sa'id

Muhammad

Assalamu Alaikum
First of all Nabeelu what you wrote is very true and it remains to be seen whether the muslim voters will be disillusioned once more by OBJ's muslim stooges. We must elect Muslims because they think like we do.
Allah ya taimakemu.

PS: Nabilu B Sa'id are shafiu's brother from BUK. If yes then I am Muhammad kanin Ismail your classmate in BUK staff secondary school. I look foward to hearing from you soon.
Bissalam

ummita

I higly disagree........in some way he is ryt but d opposite of ryt has 2 b wrong.

U c if d place where d election is 2 b takin place is a muslim dominated country then I can say trully a muslims leader shud b on d lead. On d other hand, we have d christians & other religion that r not really widely known in  Africa. R we 2 ignore d fact that they 2 wud love 2 have their president worshippin d same God as they du?

We can have muslim leaders & elect our leaders not only in politics.!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There r so many wayz we can uplift our religion. U can make a big difference, (dont gimme that look) Yes u........d author....... get a mike go out preach, donate 2 muslim charities, indulge Muslims in Islamic activities so on.....etc etc.

So ppl like Ahmad Deedat, who I can call a muslim leader, who has made a difference in ppls life, who has indeed uplifted Islam, shud in no way, have been elected rather than thru politics!!!!!!!!!!

Votin muslim leaders as politicians with other religious rivals!!!! That wud have been a ludacris decision. By doin so........it might land us in jeopardy, another chaos, another trouble riots!!! in d sense that all muslims shud vote 4 no other than muslim>>>..Haba it will cause so many calamities.

Politics r almost as xcitin as war & quite dangerous. In war u can only b killed once, but in politics- many tyms.

So wat makes u think if we shud vote & @ d end of d day a muslim gets 2 b elected as d nxt president. Wat makes u think 2morow a mulsim will still b voted 4, & other religion will will not think like we du (in ur words)?

Of course 1 wud b happy 2 c a muslim leader. Lets b considerate though. Idan hekar ne, then christians will want theirs 2....

wat nxt? categorisin Muslim presidents as 4 d sunnis, Shi'ah only or roman catholics president.

All we need is a gud leader. Religon shudnt cum in2 this. Politics vs religon kuma :o Show!!!

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeez keep our religion out of this. Juss maintain d religion as a muslim. Election shud carry on, whoeva win it. He shud b a gud leader & we shud b gud followers.

D lurd almighty knows best
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Gimbiya

Ummita I'm with U. But if we think that the muslim person that we are electing is going to do the right thing then that should be our target. there are some muslim politician who claim the religion but some of the things they do a muslim person will not do it. politics is not an easy thing especally for muslim people because there's justice and you cannot yaudari people just because you find politics to be your way of having a good living. if you look clearly in the history of nigeria we have more muslim president than any other religion, but have they done anything according to their religion? I doubt, it seems as if they are in power they forget that there's somebody above them ALLAH is there but they just don't get it. so all I am saying is that you always have to understand a politician to see if he's really what he said he is. if not dukka za ayi biyu babu ne.
allah ya zabar mana mafi alheri a gare mu baki daya

---
color=pink] Knoledge Saves Lives--- FAAWIN[/color]

Anonymous

This message was initially in the Islamic column, I don't know for what reason it was moved to the general board by the admin. Please check and see..
But you should remember that if there are a thousand people who are non-Muslims and only one happens to be a Muslim the only Muslim is supposed to be their leader..
Who so ever votes a non-Muslim must be held for it in the hereafter..
These are not my sayings..but very sorry to say that..

Aydee Fella

You gurls no sey its unIslamic for a person to vote a nonMuslim as his leader, and yur talkn bout population Nija is over 50% muslim dominated , HAba ai ko domin iskancin da Obas' yake yi baza mu zabi Arne ba. Nigeria sai Buhari da Yardan Allah.
never rat out yur friends n alwaiz keep yur mouth shut"

Gimbiya

Goodfella you are so tight. I'm not a good fan for obasanjo either. I still didn't see the dramactic change people are talking about.

Aydee Fella

Change.. u mean uve not noticed any change or maybe u dont live in Nigeria,lemmi tell u A liter of Petrol is now Around N38 (no stable price) it was N11 during Abachas regime,excluding Abuja All other cities in Northern Nigeria face problems of fuel scarcity cos i cant recall when last i bought fuel from the fillin station in bauchi.The Budget allocation to the educational sector is under 2% it was 12% under the military so now all the Universities are on strike, Prices o ffood stuffs have hiked up so I hear cos i dont buy,but lemmi give u an examle with Coke, in 1999 a bottle of Coke sold btw N10-N15 depending on the place but now it sells for N25-N30.
  Nepa is worse than ever ,a few weeks back the transformer in our area got blown we had to spend two weeks in total darkness.        
  To be continued.......

Gimbiya

sorry godfella, there was a mis spelling in my comment above, I meant to say that you are so right. everything right now is going bad :'( instead of better. so I just pray to Allah(SWT) to help our nation  :'(

Ummulhuda

Allah Ya bamu zaman lafiya da wadata akasar nan tamu Nigeria. Allah Ya bamu Shugabanni na gari. Allah Ya bamu  Musulmai a cikin su. Wanda ba musulmai bane kuma Allah Ya musultar dasu. Allah Ya kade mana tsautsayi da asara kuma Ya kara mana fahimtar juna. Masifu da bala'i da suke addabar Nigeria Allah Ya kade mana su.
Allahumma Salli ala Mohammadin wa ala ahlihi wa as habihi wa sallim.

Blaqueen

Who so ever votes a non-Muslim must be held for it in the hereafter..
These are not my sayings..but very sorry to say that..

are u sure?? ?? ?? ?? where in the Qur'an does it state so?...
i'm sorry... but if i see Nigeria is going to elevate with a xtian leader.. i'll vote for him..
most of these "muslim" leaders are juss muslim "by name"..

i dunno much about nigerian history and the presidents (ok, i know close to nuthin), but wasnt buhari one of the people tryin' to supress Islam during his rule?? ba ya so a hana yin wa'azi or sumthing like that ba? abeg.. no crucify meeh... i'm juss askin' and want to clarify....
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Blaqueen

Quote? ?You gurls no sey its unIslamic for a person to vote a nonMuslim as his leader, and yur talkn bout population Nija is over 50% muslim dominated , HAba ai ko domin iskancin da Obas' yake yi baza mu zabi Arne ba. Nigeria sai Buhari da Yardan Allah.

correction... Obasanjo is not an "arne".. he's not an unbeliever... he's xtian, meaning "People of the Scriptures"...{People of the Book}
some Muslims really need to be AWARE of that...
u could get commision of al-haqqi fa!

no where in the Qur'an does it say not to vote for a non-muslim... how are u so sure that the muslim u voted for is all we need...
plz.. na tolerance we dey aim for... something the Qur'an preaches!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Aydee Fella

Yes i made a mistake callin him an arne but no way should a muslim choose an unbeliever as his leader.A person that will compromise his religious beliefs .and ?ure juss tryin to side with this guy cos u dont know the true situation of things down here.

ummita

U cant juss stand up & say "ryt everybody...I mean all muslims...u either vote 4 a muslim....or I will see or call u an unbeliever"!!!!

As I have stated earlier on, there r about 3 or so diff types of religion in Nija & Nija is not only a muslim dominated country.

So...say if I want 2 vote 4 say........Jessiah & not Mallam Garba it makes me an unbeliever.... I have neva come across eni verse in d Qur'an which speaks of vote 4 muslims only 2 uplift Islam talkless of if u vote 4 a non muslim U r an unbeliever or a phegan?!!!

Gracious Lurd, when will ppl juss practise ISLAM as it is without associatin it with social, political & wateva mattas.
If Kano was only 4 muslims by muslims then a muslim shud lead, but as their are other religion apart from Islam then I say we reconsider.........

ISLAM - POLITICS = ISLAM ON ITS OWN  
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

lionger

i'm quite bemused at what i'm hearing on this thread. "We must strive to see our president is a Muslim". We've had a good number of 'muslim' rulers, and what fantastic job did they do for Nigeria in their time? maybe those don't qualify because they were dictators. Shagari was a 'muslim' president, and what did he do for naija?

Amin said, "we must elect Muslims because they think like we do". Really? So i guess buhari, being a ' muslim' automatically gets your vote? Assuming self-declared evil genius IBB was running, u'd vote for him too, right? So if it was good old Abacha vs. OBJ, you'd like to see Abacha back in office, since he is (or should i say, was) a 'muslim'? So IBB, Abacha and all their 'muslim' cohorts, were thinking just like you when they jointly looted the national treasury, scattered it all over the world, killed and tortured innocent people, clamped down on human rights, squashed opposition, and helped bring Nigeria into the mess it is in now? Or aren't these people 'muslims'?

Maybe christians should likewise vote en masse for 'born-again christian' OBJ regardless of his record. pscheew >:(

Guys, when are we going to learn that religion + politics is a very bad idea, esp. when the country is multireligious? Should we wait until Nigeria becomes another Sudan b4 we realize that religion in politics is just a platform for a greedy, power-hungry politician to manipulate the poverty-stricken, illitereate masses? Half of the political conflict we find in our world today is as a result of religious conflict. Maybe some of us should go and see what's happening in Sudan. This is a presidential election we're talking about. It not a race for Pope, or Imam or some religious title. Why should the candidate's faith be of importance?
Let's ditch this idea for good. After countless wars in the Middle Ages the Europeans came to the same conclusion and dumped the idea. It's high time we did the same.

P.S. Note that i used the word muslim in quote marks.