News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

2003 Presidential Elections

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2003, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nura

I think the ruling on the election of a non-muslim is such that when faced with no option but non-muslims you chose the one that is more linient and religious tolerant and vote him but in the event of a muslim amongst non-muslims or muslims and christians you must vote the muslim. For only a muslim can protect your faith. Ask people that work in OPA other pilgrim agencies and you'll know why voting a muslim is essential. No subsidy is given to any pilgrim now.

I seriuosly believe that it is unIslamic to vote a non-muslim. Boomer comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

lionger

QuoteI think the ruling on the election of a non-muslim is such that when faced with no option but non-muslims you chose the one that is more linient and religious tolerant and vote him but in the event of a muslim amongst non-muslims or muslims and christians you must vote the muslim. For only a muslim can protect your faith. Ask people that work in OPA other pilgrim agencies and you'll know why voting a muslim is essential. No subsidy is given to any pilgrim now.

I seriuosly believe that it is unIslamic to vote a non-muslim. Boomer comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have two questions for you. Firstly, if in an election you had a 'muslim' and a 'christian' candidate and the best man happens to be the 'christian', wouldn't Allah want the best man to rule? or is the 'muslim' better by default?

Secondly, how would you rank the following issues in order of importance? corruption, the economy, privatization, resource control and pilgrimage subsidies?

nura

No matter how good a Christian may be there is no way he will prefer your religion to his, hence that judgement. Furthermore there have been evidences world over that Muslims leading a multi religious state are more tolerant than their Christian counterparts. Perharps you need to know that no matter how secular a state is religion plays a role and there are situations where the state interferes into religious matters. In such instances the average tendency of any human being is to identify with his side.

Killing or removing subsidies does not mean econmic recovery and even the biggest advocates of capitalism support their people with subsidies. I think subsidy is used to help the people and for pilgrims especially Nigerians it reduces their being converted to beggers in the streets of Makka and Madina. Similarly the subsidies may not be in cash or fare but also in ensuring that adequate administrative backing is given to ensure a hitch free Hajj programme. This Government is the first to completely hands off Hajj Programa dn since then it has become increasingly difficult for muslims to fulfill one of the pillars of their faith.

If you have been on Hajj recently you'll agree with me that Nigeria's is the most diorganised and disarranged contingent especially when it is time to come back home. I believe it is wiser to vote the person you know and as a Muslim it is most appropriate to vote your brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

lionger

QuoteFurthermore there have been evidences world over that Muslims leading a multi religious state are more tolerant than their Christian counterparts. Perharps you need to know that no matter how secular a state is religion plays a role and there are situations where the state interferes into religious matters. In such instances the average tendency of any human being is to identify with his side.

Killing or removing subsidies does not mean econmic recovery and even the biggest advocates of capitalism support their people with subsidies. I think subsidy is used to help the people and for pilgrims especially Nigerians it reduces their being converted to beggers in the streets of Makka and Madina. Similarly the subsidies may not be in cash or fare but also in ensuring that adequate administrative backing is given to ensure a hitch free Hajj programme. This Government is the first to completely hands off Hajj Programa dn since then it has become increasingly difficult for muslims to fulfill one of the pillars of their faith.

If you have been on Hajj recently you'll agree with me that Nigeria's is the most diorganised and disarranged contingent especially when it is time to come back home. I believe it is wiser to vote the person you know and as a Muslim it is most appropriate to vote your brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Can you please cite the 'evidences world over' that show that 'Muslims in multi-religious states are more tolerant than their Christian counterparts'? Because I can mention off the top of my head several countries - some of which i've actually lived in - where that is not quite the case. and btw, that includes Nigeria!

Also, i don't think you need to go to Hajj to know that our continent is in very bad shape. btw, you never directly answered my two questions; however i will ask you more: are there any other important issues to you besides Hajj? Secondly, would you willingly usher in another buhari, IBB or Abacha, just because they, being 'muslim' would be more favorable to Hajj subsidies?

p.s. i would like you to read this article http://odili.net/news/source/2003/jan/14/121.html
cuz i noticed you said in another thread that no-one can prove Abacha was a bad man and that since he is dead no-one should speak ill of him! >:(

nura

I am a muslim, I dont know what you are. As a muslim I believe my primary role as a creature of the Almighty Allah is to Worship Him. Hajj is partof worship like Prayer, Fasting and Zakkat (stipulated alms muslims give yearly). Hajj is just an example I am giving, I want to vote for a leader that will not just to fulfill my role as a creature of the Almighty Allah but to also assist me in whatever way possible towards that either through subsidies or anything and it is my believe that a Muslim will do more, go to any lenght to ensure that I am pushed towards my life objective than a Christian. PERIOD!!!!!!

I have already answered your last question but to say it cartegorically for you to understand I'll rather have Abacha, IBB or Buhari than Obasanjo. And by the Grace of the Almighty Allah and if I am alive I'll vote for Buhari except if somebody comes to the scene that I think is better than him.

I have read the story on the loot recovery. I understand that all it takes to be bad is to die and come from the North not to steal Government Funds. What about all the other people that are alive today why is Switzerland silent. I get frustrated by the attempt to paint all Northerners as thieves or corrupt as if we dont know what is happenning now that the Southerners have come. Please cool down take it easy the swiss are still suspecting let them prove something first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lionger

gee. u'd rather have Abacha, Buhari, or IBB. unbelievable  :o

Blaqueen

ok... things are heating up.. u do realize all of u can go on and on and on and frustrate urself for nuthing right?
so plz stop this bickering...

voting a non-muslim is NOT unislamic... and if i see nigeria better with a xtian leader... i'll vote for him...
i'm wit' ummita on this one.

if a xtian is prez.. it wont stop u from praying, wont stop u from going to the mosque, wont stop u from raising ur family right, it just wont stop u from performing ur religious duties...

as for whut abu stated about the hajj.. why wont the muslims in the govt do something about it?... dont blame it on the president alone.

i mean c'mon.. a good person is a good person... every religion got good and bad people... let's pray for the best!
ALL OF US!
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

sir-bash

i strongly believe that reliong and politics must be separated in the interest of peace and stability in this country.those clamouring for buharis presidency shud bear in mind that if muslims were to vote for only muslims and vice varsa,then thier candidate cannot win the elections bcos he also needs nonmuslim votes to enable him gain absolute majority.i strongly advise that we shud not islamise this elections,weshud make sure people are voted into office based on credibility and not religion.
owa ya ci Buran Ubanshi

lionger

Quotei strongly believe that reliong and politics must be separated in the interest of peace and stability in this country.those clamouring for buharis presidency shud bear in mind that if muslims were to vote for only muslims and vice varsa,then thier candidate cannot win the elections bcos he also needs nonmuslim votes to enable him gain absolute majority.i strongly advise that we shud not islamise this elections,weshud make sure people are voted into office based on credibility and not religion.

hear, hear!

nura

Sorry Sir Bash, I cant agree with you. My religion-Islam is sent to me via the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) as a complete way of life. This means that there is no separation between politics and religion. You cant separate religion from politics. That's why the Holy Prophet (SAW) was a the Head of the Muslim State and the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces as well as the Chief Imam that leads the prayers and the overall religious leader. And all the Caliphs that lead the muslim state after him acted the same way. And they  governed as commanded by Allah (SWT) in the Holy Qur'an. Islam cannot be isolated from politics.  

Borg

Intersting indeed...

I think you are all missing the point here.

Democracy in the first place is a system of the unbelievers! It has no connection whatsoever with Islam. It completely contradicts the rules of Islam whether in the comprehensive or partial issues, in the source from which it came, in the 'Aqeedah from which it emanated, in the basis on which it is established and in the thoughts and systems it has brought. It is a system whose source is human beings and it has no connection to devine revelation or religion.

The people are masters over themselves such that they can exercise their sovereignty and run thier will entirely by themselves by enacting laws and systems of life and choosing thier rulers without any pressure or compulsion. The general freedoms are the foundations and democracy obliges that they are provided for every individual of the community in order to realise his sovereignty, exercise his will and run himself with absolute freedom and without any pressure or compulsion.

The general freedoms are represented in the 4 freedoms which are:

- Freedom of belief
- Freedom of opinion
- Freedom of ownership
- Personal freedom

So in the strict Islamic sense it is forbidden for muslims to adopt, implement or call for it. The question of voting for a muslim or non-muslim becomes irrelivant since he shouldn't be there in the first place, and if he is he isn't there because of islam.

nura

In total agreement. As muslims therefore we must reject the system but does that mean we should not vote and even get a registration card?

Borg

The question of what a muslim should or should not do is a different ball game entirely and I dont think we should go into it in this part of the forum.

ummita

Well.....I c alot have contributed immensly.....But we all gat to stop all this ranting........We can sit and talk it over all day long....But wat good will it do? Is there anyone of you here that can make a difference with the politics thing going on? B it Abacha, Obj OR WHUEVA we'd had as leaders...........they've ruled & their life span on being leaders is ova or myt b ova. DEPOSED & DISPOSED!!!!!!

All I know is that afta this election is done & dusted with...........only d one with a high vote will turn out to b d president, whether we like it or not.Wherther we are in support or not. Its not up to just an individual to judge who he or she wants to b as d president of Nigeria. So I say we adjust & accept d fact that only one president will take to sit..........whether buhari followers or Obj followers agree or diagree with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I say you all need to calm down!!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

And I still stand on my grounds............this is with regards to voting 4 muslims..... b/4 others diversified d subject matter ::)
How on earth.....or where was it stated that if I vote 4 a christian it makes me an unbeliver or if a christian votes 4 a muslim it makes he or she an unbeliver. When will such issues; such as putting religion with so many ridiculous thing like this socalled politics come to a halt?

Cant we just maintain our religion as it is.

MHMMM dont b suprised to see anoda topic saying that "u either lower d price of food stuff or it makes u an unbeliver"..................  
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!