News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ADMIN BAMU BAYANI

Started by mallamt, February 10, 2006, 07:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mallamt

Admin one understands and accepts your power to shut whichever thread you decide but shutting the thread on the cartoons of the prophet can not be understood it is possible for you to tell us why? Out of the about 21 postings I find only bout 6 that may be considered offensive to muslims out of the 6 about 4 can be said to be really offensive to muslims.  Most of the postings were intelligent and generally not even in support of the cartoons so what is the problem?  There are other threads in this forum that worst things have been said and they remained open is there any reason for this inconsistency on your part?  Would you not like to have a more democratic system here where people are allowed to vote on threads before you use your "veto" powers to close a thread?  Please be more of a moderator not a dictator.  The thread you just closed was beiging to be informative and showed that other faiths also had a problem with the caricuturizing of their principals by the media is that not the type of thing we want to see and hear? Will this common dislike not be a potential basis to form a common front against those who enjoy caricuturizing principals of various faith and probably bring an end to it?

On the timing of the cartoons well that is politics.  If it is timed to happen the way it did fine, because everything that happens in the world of politics is about timing as well whether it is invading iraq, blowing the NY twin towers or the london underground or even making iran nuclear development an issue - it is all a matter of timing.  So do not restrict timing to the cartoons, it is there in everyday life what is important is how we deal with it or issues

lionger

I second that motion mallamt.

To be honest admin I find your post very, very odd. Seems to me that you were applying emergency medicine to a non-eistent disease.

QuoteThis thread is going to be closed because it seems like it can be better discussed in this manner elsewhere.

Also for the deep thinkers amongst us?.

This matter is much more complicated than it may seem. . .
There is definitely something fishy about the timing of all this, what with the media blitz of late, especially the last couple weeks, focusing on what to do about Iran. It seems a perfect sideshow for bolstering anti-Muslim attitudes among the populations of some nations and garnering support for the upcoming escalation of war cries and fear mongering.

Also check this out?
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=8512

Now here's the thing. You shut down the thread, saying the discussion could be better continued 'elsewhere' - whatever that means. Well if that is true then why did you then proceed to give your own take on the issue? Since in your opinion the thread was obviously not suited for such discussion, you shouldn't have said anything at all.

QuoteThis thread is going to be closed because it seems like it can be better discussed in this manner elsewhere.
May I ask what exactly you mean by this? Can you give us a suggestion as to where this subject can be better discussed "in this manner"  - the Islamic forum perhaps, or another website? What does the phrase "in this manner" mean? Is there something about out method of debate here that is inappropriate for this forum? Please clarify these issues, because otherwise your comments seem off-handish and insulting to the collective intelligences of everyone who participated in the discussion, esp. mallamt who started the thread.

QuoteAlso for the deep thinkers amongst us?.

This matter is much more complicated than it may seem. . .
There is definitely something fishy about the timing of all this, what with the media blitz of late, especially the last couple weeks, focusing on what to do about Iran. It seems a perfect sideshow for bolstering anti-Muslim attitudes among the populations of some nations and garnering support for the upcoming escalation of war cries and fear mongering.

What does this have to do with Iran? Hardly relevant and tangent to the issue. The second sentence warrant an educated question: if this is true, then why do some muslims around the world keep taking the bait and furthering the agenda of their supposed enemies by their misappropriation? As I said to Ummita, what professing Muslims do in the name of Islam affects it's image more than anything any non-believer says. This "victim" mentality only serves to justify violent reprisals, and that is what happens consistently!

As for the article you posted, it is rife with all the fallacies of logic that often pervade conspiracy theories. If indeed the Western governments are psychologically preparing its citizens for war, then the muslim world on the other side must be itching for it too as well, and that does not portray their belief system as a peaceful one.

Hope to hear from you soon
lionger

Yoruba Land

Hey guys!
Do you mean you did not see this part of the post by this UNEDUCATED lyiing Sammy in the other thread that was shut by the admin?????

If you want to debate the cartoons here why lie against the person of the prophet?

QuoteApril, 623 A.D
Place: Medinah
Victims: Two of the most famous poets of Medinah, who had the courage to criticise the murderous actions of Mohammed and his gang

After the battle of Badr, the people of Medinah were horrified that they had given refuge to such a blatant criminal and his followers in their city. Many began protesting the presence of such violent and murderous people in their city. In a free society like Pre-Islamic Arabia, the poets acted as society's conscience and were free to criticise, satirize and examine the actions of people. The two most famous poets of this kind were Abu 'Afak; an extremely old and respected poet and Asma bint Marwan; a young mother with the gift of superb verse.

Muhammad was enraged at their criticism. When he heard the verses composed by Asma Bint Marwan he was infuriated and screamed aloud, "Will no one rid me of this daughter of Marwan!" That very night a gang of Muslims set out to do the dirty deed. They broke into the poets' house. She was lying in in her bedroom suckling her newborn child, while her other small children slept nearby. The Muslims tore the newborn infant off her breast and hacked it to pieces before her very eyes. They then made her watch the murder of all four of her children, before raping and then stabbing her repeatedly to death. After the murder when the Muslims went to inform the Prophet, he said "You have done a service to Allah and his Messenger, her life was not worth even two goats!"

A month later the distinguished and highly respected Abu Afak, who was over a hundred years old and reknowned for his sense of fairness, was killed brutally in the same manner as he slept. Once again the Prophet had commented that morning "Who will avenge me on this scoundrel!"

This shows us exactly how much the tolerant and peace loving Prophet respected life. Muslims claim that Mohammed was extremely gentle and loved children. Indeed the horrifying way he had Asma Bint Marwan's five infants slaughtered certainly attests to this "loving" side of the Prophet.

-Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Muhammed Marmaduke
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sammy

YorubaLand,
What about the other part of my posting? My posting was a lot more comprehensive than what you have up there. Does that mean the other part is accurate? I take that to be a resounding YES!

Now, in reference to the story about the prophet slaying his critics,  that is not my story. I merely, presented what other historians published and credited that story to the original owners,  Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Muhammed Marmaduke.  So, if the story is a lie, I am not the one lying. However, you can do a search in google for the writings of those two authors, and you may find nore comprehensive materials about how Muslims used to silence and discard critics. Their accounts are very detailed and backed with dates and time of the particular account. References are also provided so that readers can do their own research and draw a fair conclusion. Maybe you should check it out yourself, it might expand your closed horizon.  :lol:

admin

If the discussion goes along this line, I will have no choice but to Close and then Delete all postings and other threads regarding this subject matter.

Compassionate Dictatorship!
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

mallamt

Admin

ko na keraka compassionate dictator ne? I think my concern is simple and geniune and your response I most say I find a bit rude and bordering on arrogance.  I believe in a normal forum one in your position will say what is wrong with what people have written and why they are acting on a thread.  Why? because it is important that contributors know if what they have said is against the policies of the forumn this will prevent future repeats.  Your having the final say on  thread has been admitted too earlier what is questioned is why the action? Do you not think that it is only respectful and a sign of maturity and tolerance to explain to members of the forum why admin acts or behaves in a particular manner such as shut down a thread?  No one here is twisting your arm to open the thread but the question is why the shut down?  Or are you under some kind of pressure from some members or elsewhere and can not respond to the question?  Are you being intimidated and scared of some people and can not respond to the question of why?  I have high regards for you admin on how you have allowed some other discussions carry on but I am utterly shcocked and embarrassed with you sudden behaviour, that is why i tend to believe that there is more than the "eyes" could see.  Now you are threatening to close/end this thread as well haba mallam admin kaji tsoron Allah ka dena nuna babanchi.