News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

hot spots in nija

Started by zezezee, March 14, 2006, 08:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zezezee

i am makig a survey on the viability of deploying hot spots in nija and would like to know wat sort of bottlenecks one could run into...

if there are people that have tried this please can we converse on it/? jazakallah...

wa sallam
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

kitkat

what kind of bottlenecks are you envisaging, and what kind of hot spots do you have in mind, commercial?? So far the ones ive seen in operation are experimental and free, i.e in Abuja and most parts of jigawa state. In lagos some are coming up on a pay as you browse basis in some areas. Let me know exactly what youre talking about.

zezezee

thnks for the reply kitkat...

yeah, i shudve been abit more specific actually....i am talking about technical issues here. from type of delivery to the spots(wireline/wireless), to bandwidth requirements, to scalability issues, security issues (if there are any) to coverage issues, and last but not least, NCC (BIG bottleneck, mayb)....

where is g-naka? i knw hes done somethin similar to this in the past i think...perhaps u can help us out...thnks
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

gogannaka

Deploying hot spots in a place like Kano is not much of a problem really.
There is no big problem with NCC.The problem we faced was in getting strong enough signals to enable browsing from inside houses.But with the suggestions you made about link balance it shouldnt be a problem.

Jigawa has deployed many hotspots across the state and i'm sure waterspider can help out.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment