News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Association of Arewa Professionals

Started by Boomer, December 09, 2002, 12:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Na so I see am wo!!! In Islam it is forbidden why should other religion or Law enforce in other ways legalise prostitution? So legalising it does it mean it is allowed and not regarded as somethign bad or what?

Blaqueen

haha.. ummi sweetie.. go back on ur medications. LoL!!! ;D
well.. as for choppin' of hands.. if the theif returns the item before he is brought to justice.. he is free. so.. if the thieves know better.. they better NOT steal in the first place.. and if they do steal, better for them to return whut they stole
as for prostitution... i remember in the Qur'an... if women are guilty of lewdness... confine them to houses until death claims them... which means... home prison.. they are not allowed to go out...
as for adultery... i pray naija juss flogs and not stone to death..
and oh NO... i dont think anyone will support legalizing prostitution. its degrading and exploits women... its pointless.. so i dont think anyone will vote for a person who wants to legalize that ish....

QuoteLAW again. Choppin hands off 2 those who steal rty?
Stoning 2 death for adult commiters ryt?
What does Islamic law regards as a punishment to A PROSTITUTE.

Well prostitution is su'in they du at their own free will ryt? and they get paid for that ryt? ?If Englsih Law should legalise this active service in some part of the country, what does Shariah say to that? ? They say it is a way to make their livin and support theirselves financially...............Shariah say its unIslamic, English Law has already legalised it. Kinda confused.................whcih is which?
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

ummita

Oh Lurd!!!! Who remove this one 4 cage..............oya Dyme.....shush shush.....go back 2 d cage, put d locks & slam d padlocks!!!! Onijfapkwaro............. ;)

Well we all know the consequences for any muslim woman who indulges herself into prostitution. We know wat Islam say about it. But lets look at it from a different perspective.
Women who induldge theirselves in prostitution have only one aim, to make money.!! Fair enuf, thats how they make their own living.
In Africa.........women are regarded worthless.......,competent and are not of any good to any task. apart from domestic duty. The only business that makes money for some women is prostitution.

Well she faces problems say..........her husband maltreats her.........she leaves his house to scavenge for herself. No one was willing to offer her a job.........The gov offers no benefit or income support her, to keep her goin, none to depend on!!!!

She was not forced......not influenced but plunged into prostitution. ......well she then taught d only way out is prostitution. In US, it has been legalised......as they say it is a fair way to make their own money knowin the consequences that might follow healthwise with regards 2 illnesses such as AIDS. Our religon forbids it..........we all know its wrong. We r trying to see 2 d fact that wat religion objects to shouldnt b put in2 practise. If this is at all true. Y wud other law allow it.........in other words its like we object.....they subject thereby influencing women to take on2 prostitution.....................& thats my point............incase ppl with block head dont get it (lol)  :P
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Blaqueen

sweety...there are other ways of making money.. prostitution just exploits women..... and also encourages adultery....
no wa no how will it be legalised...
the world views women as worthless.. not Africa... and in some parts of the world (including Africa) women are well respected and honored...
prostitution just deprives women of the right to live a happy life... ALL women should be AGAINST it!

the gov't should think about providing single women with education and jobs.. which are available in every aspect.... legalising prostitution will only make them run away from such a challenge... it's NOT the solution!

Blaqueen

".. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them upon the conduct of affairs..." (Q.3:153)

"..., we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. ...." (Q.5:32)

Ummita.. i guess this can be related to the prostitution question.....
Q.4:15 "And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death comes close to them or God opens some way for them."

the verse continues to talk bout homosexuality.....

"And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you (males), give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely God is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (Qur'an 4.16)

adultery.....
"The adulterer and the adulteress shall each be given a hundred lashes." Qur'an, Surah Nur, verse 2

"If a man accuses his wife but has no witnesses except himself, he shall swear four times by God that his charge is true, calling down upon himself the curse of God if he is lying.  But if his wife swears four times by God that his charge is false and calls down His curse upon herself if it be true, she shall receive NO PUNISHMENT." (Quran, Surah Nur, verse 5)

"But for God's grace and mercy, His forgiveness and His wisdom, (this would never have been revealed to you)." Qur'an 24:10

Twinkle

Wai..na wa for quote madam. Yes Prostition baa yarda dashiba. Amman na gane yada Ummita ke nufi. Abun shine meyasa wasu Religion zasu legalising din Prostitution, don susan cewa addinin mu ya hadna. So duk abun da se jawo downfall din Islam da discrepancies sai sukawo
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

Blaqueen

...ok.. aunty, true.. but wheytin consine us with that?...they can keep running their mouth, and we keep running our bizness.......
btw...i dont see any "stoning" mentioned in the  verses ::)... can someone plz remind meeh why some people are so bent on that stoning sentence?

Ummulhuda

Quote..........
btw...i dont see any "stoning" mentioned in the ?verses ::)... can someone plz remind meeh why some people are so bent on that stoning sentence?

Quite! F.D.Q! It's almost like a trigger happy conscience isn't it? What baffles me is why nobody has stopped to think that the Prophet Sallam Himself is not KEEN on stoning judging by his initial reactions to those who confessed to indulging in adultery! He only reluctantly passes the sentence of stoning and he does it as a matter of duty. There is even the case of this married servant who commited adultery with his master's wife I think. He was advised to report the matter to the Prophet Sallam, which he did. After confessing three times and getting ignored twice by the Prophet Sallam, the death by stoning was pronounced upon him by the Prophet. The man tried to escape as he was being stoned but the ppl stoning him dragged him and pelted him until he died. When the incident was reported to the Prophet Sallam, he told the narrators that they should have let the man go when he tried to escape instead of killing him.
But our people seem to RELISH passing this edict on hapless ignorant women like Safiya and Amina who if they knew the score properly, would never have allowed themselves to be subjected to the indignities they went through.
It was a slap in the face for our Islamic Qadis especially those who presided over the case of safiya, when she was successfully smuggled out of the country by of all institutions, the Vatican! (Was it the Vatican though? Someone please correct me). I think it made the Qadis look really foolish (personal opinion). I also believe that had the Qadis followed the rulings of the Shari'a properly, they would never have been made to look ridiculous because Allah Yana tare da mai gaskiya koda ba musulmi bane shi. ?
So ?Roman Catholicism was made to look a heroine in the eyes of the world at the expense of our venerable Qadis because they chose not to execute Adalci!

ummita

QuoteWai..na wa for quote madam. Yes Prostition baa yarda dashiba. Amman na gane yada Ummita ke nufi. Abun shine meyasa wasu Religion zasu legalising din Prostitution, don susan cewa addinin mu ya hadna. So duk abun da se jawo downfall din Islam da discrepancies sai sukawo

Twinkle Beeba, may d lurd bless yah< & grant u mansions in paradise. @least u did get d whole message. I cant possible put out d whole thingyyyy..sabide wenda su ba musulmi ba. & d whole point iz...............wat u've just understood!!!

ummita

Ummulhuda

QuoteLAW!!! ?LAW!! LAW

Is there any problem studying English law 2 Shariah law?, cuz d way I c it, if asked ur field & u mention taking d path of English Law esp in Kano, they look u with disgust, stating how unpatriotic u r about ur religion.(which seems very funny & weird 2 me) I taught eni1 can du wat eva they feel like, choose their career paths in wat eva field it is!!! :-/h Dunno how Kano runz its style!!

Secondly is this statement we've all heard. Lawyers r liers, 2 me, no one has ever brougt out facts to back them up on that statement & wat makes them think its true.

Lastly, from my own point of view. Law is law. Its all about bringing down justice 'n' taking out injustice. People either shape in or shape out.

Of course Shariah Law is a muslim law, but to me there is gr8t difference, with quite alot of similarity!!

In Islamic law theft, bribery, rape, sexual harrasement, murder, assault & battery is all not allowed. Same goes for English law system. To me, I think shariah law shud only b present to muslims, because we cant just rule out our law system to non-muslims, I saw it happen, heard it happen, we cant force our system out to non believers. As long as justice is all that needs to be done. I say both shariah & English law shud xsist.

Ummita Dear.
I am following this topic with interest. You've ?raised some interesting and valid questions. I am not learned in any aspect of law be it Shari'a or English Law. So my view points are those of a layperson subject to severe CRITICISMS and CORRECTIONS!!!!
There is no PROBLEM whatsoever in studying English Law. Infact it is a very good thing to do a comparable study in Islamic and English Law. It gives you more ARGUING Power!!!!!!!
Lawyers as liers. Well you know in so far as criminal law is concerned, a lot of defence lawyers are liers. You see the role of a defence lawyer is to get his client off the hook; by hook or by crook; by any means at his disposal be it foul or fair. ? A very good defence lawyer is therefore
1 A very rich man and
2 a very big crook.
Sorry Ummita, I have no case to back this up, nevertheless this is a fair assessment of defence criminal lawyers.
As to the last part of your post, every society objects to the list of crimes you noted down. Where Islamic and English Law differ is the method of meting out the punishment. In Islam, punishment is supposed to serve as a deterrent, so that others do not commit the same offence.That is why the emphasis on public punishment. I don't think Islam approves of incarceration either. Look at all the ills that are attendant upon the system of jailing ppl!
As for letting the two judicial systems exist in parallel. In Nigeria, we simply have no choice at the moment but to have Shari'a and secular laws. One for muslims and one for non muslims. In the future when Qadis are well versed in the Shari'a enough to pass informed judgements/sentences on indicted persons then hopefully, it (Shari'a) will become more acceptable to non muslims at large.
About your post on prostitution and its legalization in English law. You should know better than me since I take it you live in the U.K.
However, there is really nothing confusing about its prohibition in Islam and legalization in ?secular law. The laws of God never change while the laws of man are open to negotiation!
When you critically look at it, the whole thing boils down to ECONOMY. The British Govt or any other for that matter that opts to legalize prostitution does so on the premise of being tired of expending resources over a profession that will not die out! So rather than that, why not make it all legit and above board and let the IRS cash in on the windfall?
Another point, I beg to disagree with my dear sister Beebat.
The fact that prostn. is legalized by secular law and prohibited by Divine Law, will NEVER cause the downfall of ISLAM OR MUSLIMS! PERIOD!
?

ummita

You should know better than me since I take it you live in the U.K.

Thnx alot. Much appreciated. B/4 I go eni further. Plz make I clarify 1 tin. I no dey for Engilandu. Me mah I dey hear about that. My origininal origin is Umuahia. Take note for nxt tym.

Geskiya na gode diyawa gashinen kin beni alot of infoz.
but I do not agree with lawyers r liars now I am so tired but mayb nxt tym. I can prove u wrong. Mayb :-/

Ummulhuda

Thanx Sis. Much appreciate the appreciation!!!!!!!!!!!
Ina kyautata tsammani kina so kizama lawya Ummita!!! Allah Ya baki Sa'a Amin. Ba kowane fanni aikin lawya ne bashi da kyau ba. Kuma aikin lawya ya kansa mutum yasan  'yancin kansa a kalla. Kuma there are great Job opportunities so keep at it and Good luck! Presuming that is what you want!

Anonymous

Thnx alot. Much appreciated. B/4 I go eni further. Plz make I clarify 1 tin. I no dey for Engilandu. Me mah I dey hear about that. My origininal origin is Umuahia. Take note for nxt tym.

Yes mima, I remember we jam for Otpikwo market for Umuahia. Di gel no bi hausa. ;D (she is fulanibgo) It is a new tribe

Very good infromation Ummul & Dyme. I have learnt alot man!!!

ummita

We can tlk about professions right? I juss wanted to ask...even though being a politician is taken as a profession, but dont you think without politics things would have been far off better. Technically speakin now everything you touch is politics, politics is soooooo omnipresent in anything about Nija, 2 me it has deformated, deshaped,demoted, & deflated Nija. Politics has even demeanoured pplz livin life! How far will this profession go on in damagin everything. Yes to me its damage.....& damage 2 everything about Nija. Wat do you think?