News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nija's development........

Started by Fulanizzle, February 02, 2003, 02:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyguy

When I read articles about how to improve Nigeria I'm pleased because it shows that we care about our nation. Many of these writers oftern refer to other countries state of development as an example of how we should be. Nigeria is a complex society and requires specifically adapted methods to improve her.
We need strong and effective leadership. Leaders who can inspire our people to look beyond the immediate benefits.  Leaders who are not affraid to set long term attainable goals which are recognised by our people as imperative.  

lionger

new leadership, plain and simple. and when i say that, i mean at the local, state and certainly the federal level. Until we have a new set of leaders, corruption will remain and nothing will change in nigeria. as someone here mentioned, burkina faso, a landlocked country with few resources is still much more organized than nigeria. why? bad management!

FDQ said times were better under military dictatorships, and that democracy does not work in nigeria. she does have a point on democrazy in nigeria, but frankly anyone who remembers the Abacha years would surely not want to go back to that again. military dictatorship in nigeria is also another grand stage for corruption. Things have been getting worse and worse ever since the oil boom of the 70s; it's not exactly the fault of democracy. That said, murtala mohammed is in my opinion, the best 'leader' nigeria has ever had.

unfortunately many of the brilliant, intelligent people who can turn things round in naija have left the country (brain drain) for greener pastures. i've been lucky to have seen a good deal of the world in my short life and yet in all the countries i've lived in; i've always met nigerians; in fact, ppl who speak my native tongue! and i'm not talking about embassy folk. its ironic; nigeria's mess has driven them away, yet these ppl are sorely needed to turn things around. how do we stop this?:-[

Blaqueen

btw.....i wouldnt vote for Buhari.... ::)

ok lion... now u make meeh wanna research on murtala moh'd... 8)

nwayz... development is slow in naija... drastically slow.. cuz MOST of our "leaders" juss want high positions and are greedy... its the "name" that they care about.. they juss take seat and enrich themselves.....always thinkin' about themselves... :-/

i like obasanjo... and the reason why people dont like him.. is because he made it hard for some of the greedy people in the gov't to loot....
thats why they were tryin to impeach him and find some kinda fault... he's a good man.. and maybe he has good intentions...
we shouldnt always blame the president... its the people around him... the greedy ones...
plus.. the citizens are not making it easier... everyone has some kinda fault...
nigerians need a dictator... simply because they dunno how to use democracy... we're too strong headed!

why i like the military rule?. b'cuz security was better... economy a lot better off... all the useless riots that took place would NEVER have taken place... and greedy politicians wouldnt use shariah to gain people's vote...

sha, Allah ya kare... we might as welll keep movin' on... i juss cant wait for the older generation to LEAVE! and BIZOUNCE outta the govt!!!!! we need new fresh minds! 8)
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

lionger

hi FDQ

Who are the 'greedy ones' surrounding Obasanjo? As for your statements on riots never happening under military govts,  obviously u never heard of the bloody kafanchan riots under IBB's tenure, or even more recently, the 1993 riots in Lagos after IBB annuled the june 12 elections. I was living in Ebute Metta, near Third Mainland Bridge at the time, and there was serious pandemonium on the streets. Infact, ppl were scared that another civil war was about to start.

Nigerians do not need a dictator; haven't we over-experimented on this one? Haven't our eyes been opened by the IBB/Abacha saga? It will not work for the same reason democracy has not worked : corruption. We should stop hailing dictators as saviors; this is how ppl will vote IBB or Abacha (were he alive) back into power!

iblink

u ppl av to be proud of the motherland Nigeria. Nigeria is the only country that exports hardcore criminals ::)..which country in this wide earth can beat that??? well i am sure proud :D...arent u?
o be or not To be, Is that really a question??

Blaqueen

hey lion...
i'm talkin bout the ministers... the ed's.. the md's... etc etc... people at the top... eating away money.. caring less about those at the bottom of the pyramid... shamelessly stashing away...etc etc... but ofcourse.. that's some of them.. not all... but those "some" are causing damage...

and as riots, i remember those u mentioned... but u gotta agree with meeh...the ones in KD and Jos were VERY very POINTLESS! waste of energy... people thinkin' "i sabi this, i sabi that, democracy, i sabi i sabi"... oya, let's protest, lets damage, lets go crazy.... maaaan if it were them ibb and abacha... hehe. no one would DARE do that... sha, thats whut i reckon...

but... i could care less whut kinda system governs me... i prefer to juss be tolerant, patient, and prayers are very effective.. ;D i'm juss happy wit' life sef... cuz i dont drown myself in misery...and dont bother myself with hatred...! cuz then i'd get wrinkles at a very tender age... ::)
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

lionger

FDQ

yea you do have a point on Obasanjo's henchmen; even the National Assembly is filled with soulless fatcats. Corruption is a very big problem in Nigeria, it seems like an almost insurmountible mountain  :-[.

I also agree with you on the fact that most of the riots we have seen in Obasanjo's time probably would not have taken place under IBB or Abacha. But why? I think its partly because most of the religious tension in the last 4 years have been sparked in some way by by the advent of Sharia, which no-one would have dared introduce under IBB or Abacha.

nura

The problem with Nija is simply leadership. Our leaders are extremely selfish they are only thinking of themselves and children. For instance in a place like Kano where 50 to 60% of the population are not accessible to water you'll find the houses of the high ranking civil servants and politicians with boreholes etc, this will therefore not allow them to think of the common man. Their children attend private schools and therefore they are not aware when teachers are on strike or when the are no chairs and desks etc.

We need new crop of leaders who are selfless, it is selfishness that is causing all the economic mismanagemet, corruption, indiscipline, etc coupled with lack of enforcement of laws. Recently the anti corruption commission was created and a lot of cases were taken to them including some against the speaker, the senate president, some senators and honourable members and they are still in investigation  statges or the matter has gone to dbins. Honestly i dont see the relevance of the so called Anti corruption commission. Even wihout the creation of anti corruption commision there are enough laws to take care of corrupt practices of public office holders but nobody is applying them.

Lets look further into the type of leaders this country needs. Certainly opposite to what some of our past leaders are selfish like Abacha, shifty and tricky like IBB or planless like Gowon. We need new courageous set of intelligent leaders who can take us to the promised land. Courageous enough to dare and try anybody that break the law, intelligent enough to bring us out of the woods. A pityful leader but assertive and honest, religious, not promiscous, not sectional, etc.

Please if you qualify come forward lets plan how to make you our chairman/governor/lagislator/president etc come 2007. Lets throw these recycled leaders out.
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Sulaimon

QuoteThe problem with Nija is simply leadership. Our leaders are extremely selfish they are only thinking of themselves and children. For instance in a place like Kano where 50 to 60% of the population are not accessible to water you'll find the houses of the high ranking civil servants and politicians with boreholes etc, this will therefore not allow them to think of the common man. Their children attend private schools and therefore they are not aware when teachers are on strike or when the are no chairs and desks etc.

We need new crop of leaders who are selfless, it is selfishness that is causing all the economic mismanagemet, corruption, indiscipline, etc coupled with lack of enforcement of laws. Recently the anti corruption commission was created and a lot of cases were taken to them including some against the speaker, the senate president, some senators and honourable members and they are still in investigation ?statges or the matter has gone to dbins. Honestly i dont see the relevance of the so called Anti corruption commission. Even wihout the creation of anti corruption commision there are enough laws to take care of corrupt practices of public office holders but nobody is applying them.

Lets look further into the type of leaders this country needs. Certainly opposite to what some of our past leaders are selfish like Abacha, shifty and tricky like IBB or planless like Gowon. We need new courageous set of intelligent leaders who can take us to the promised land. Courageous enough to dare and try anybody that break the law, intelligent enough to bring us out of the woods. A pityful leader but assertive and honest, religious, not promiscous, not sectional, etc.

Please if you qualify come forward lets plan how to make you our chairman/governor/lagislator/president etc come 2007. Lets throw these recycled leaders out.

Abu I like your point. Gowon was planless if he had started investing all that petrol dollars in improving the rail systems and LNG and petrol chemical plant we would not be in this mess. But lets not forget that the two civilian government of OBJ and Shagari have foresight but are just to corrupts and incopentent.

As well as blaming the leader what about the people Nigeria sgenerate wealth of  $15-20 billion p/a for a population 150 million why South Africa  spend $45 billon according to the present budget.

We as Nigerian must learn to be more creative and productive in creating wealth  at least $100 billion p/a, this  would enable any new leader to embark on development policies

nura

Quotebtw.....i wouldnt vote for Buhari.... ::)

ok lion... now u make meeh wanna research on murtala moh'd... 8)

nwayz... development is slow in naija... drastically slow.. cuz MOST of our "leaders" juss want high positions and are greedy... its the "name" that they care about.. they juss take seat and enrich themselves.....always thinkin' about themselves... :-/

i like obasanjo... and the reason why people dont like him.. is because he made it hard for some of the greedy people in the gov't to loot....
thats why they were tryin to impeach him and find some kinda fault... he's a good man.. and maybe he has good intentions...
we shouldnt always blame the president... its the people around him... the greedy ones...
plus.. the citizens are not making it easier... everyone has some kinda fault...
nigerians need a dictator... simply because they dunno how to use democracy... we're too strong headed!

why i like the military rule?. b'cuz security was better... economy a lot better off... all the useless riots that took place would NEVER have taken place... and greedy politicians wouldnt use shariah to gain people's vote...

sha, Allah ya kare... we might as welll keep movin' on... i juss cant wait for the older generation to LEAVE! and BIZOUNCE outta the govt!!!!! we need new fresh minds! 8)

Perhaps you are not in Nigeria but from the abacha era in the number of people involvedsister I swear to God I live in Abuja and I work where I can know something about the looters to be very honest with you is alot easier to chop now than during the military. May be you read alot of Nigerian Newspapers and Magazines which are as corrupt as anyother place. It is business as usual perhaps you have not read the AUDITOR GENERALS REPORT the man OBJ removed because of the report. in fact the looting is only different in the number of people involved. Whereas in the Abacha era it was exclusive to the first family and perhaps close associates now it has been spread around and settlement is very well active as if the maradona is there himself. Although a friend close to the president told me that if he is to be investigated today he will go free is not the case for alot of his lieutenants including the mighty VP

Cant help but to agree with you sulaimon everyone is guilty
agari Nakowa Mugu Sai Maishi

Hafsy_Lady

MHMMMM Su yallabai Uncle AbuMujaheed wajen political issues akwai zakewa, hmmmmmmm da ance OBJ ko IBB ko Buhari naso Uncle Abu go dey write so tey my head go dey begin spin...........ko dayake I dont blame you, dama duk yan shekara 30 kaza 30 something haka kuke............hmmm ni ma dai ratan shekaruna da naka kadan ne, but don Allah a dinga assimilating issue, you people talk toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo serious, idan anyi pointing issue akan dan bari irin mu muyi grapsing a kwakwalma, kafin ku sake shooting dinmu da wasu points din. I sooooooooo hate political issues so I wont say nothing, but I will pick on people. But hey!! kuna bayani mai kyau
What you see is what you get[/b]

Ibro2g

I'm a hundred percent wid fulanicious...If I type nijas problems, kano online wount have enough disk space for tomorow.

I better get outta here
Safety and Peace

Ibro2g

Quotehmmm ni ma dai ratan shekaruna da naka kadan ne

Wai ba caki kayi mun kin yi espaya ba?

that then this now....bye bye later
Safety and Peace