News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Swedish Tourist visiting Kano

Started by swedalex, July 13, 2006, 03:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swedalex

Hello
I will be entering Kano from Niger and I would like to have some information about how to get from Niger to Kano. How long it will take in
terms of time. Then if you could kindly suggest a hotel in Kano where
we could stay. Another question is if you could tell me how to get from
Kano to the Northern border with Cameroon.
I will be very thankfull if you could assist me on this.
I am looking forward to visit your country and your region.
Pls feel free to e mail me directly to swedalex@hotmail.com
Many thanks in advance
Alex from Sweden

HUSNAA

I can suggest a hotel at least - Tahir Guest Palace or Guest inn in Kano (cant remember which). The last time I was there, facilities were very good, but its been a while. Its located off Ahmadu Bello Way, a very well known area, u shouldnt have trouble directing a taxi to the place if u decide to lodge there.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Let me assume you mean Niger Republic, and not Niger State in Nigeria. You haven't said whether you'd be using a public/comercial transport, a private one or from which state/province in Niger you'd start the journey from. It is less than a day's journey, may be 2-6 hours, depending on which part of Niger you would depart from. The best hotels to stay in Kano are Tahir Guest Palace (like Husnaa mentioned), Ni'ima Guest Inn, Prince Hotel, and Al-Taqqi Lodge. They however come pricey, but excellent. A more moderate options are Royal Tropicana, Central Hotel and Daula Hotel, which are cheaper but still okay.

As for the route to northern cameroon, you go through these neigbouring states: Jigawa-Bauchi-Yobe-Maiduguri, into cameroon. Hope this help. Feel free to ask for further clarifications. Enjoy your visit to Kano.