News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan kauye

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 07, 2007, 07:15:14 AM
Quote from: dan kauye on August 04, 2007, 02:00:35 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on July 07, 2007, 05:26:53 AM
did u know that Liv Tyler is the daughter of the lead singer of Aerosmith (Steve Tyler)... She is so beautiful and he is so.... mick jagger!!  ;D ;D ;D

The songtrack for the movie armaggeddon ('dont wanna miss a thing' by aerosmith) was to me better than the film itself, though never watched it from beginning to end. I  listened to some documentary about Aerosmith on BBC Radio 4 about a yr or so ago ( they were celebrating something.. reunion or some such) and I heard that the director of the film armaggeddon made Steve Tyler watch clips of his daughter in the film where she was like crying or emoting over her screen dad Bruce Willis (he died in the film I think) and it was so emotional for him that he went and put his soul in the song and made a great track out of it. Its become one of my all time favorites.. just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that track!!!

I wasn't gonna post in this thread and then I saw Steven Tyler,and I decided I just so had ta.Alright,excuse the paralax,depending on your prism of vision,of course.Anyway,there's this song P!nk did with Steven called "Misery" and it just rocks.It's very blue,very soulful,very sad.It's on P!nk's acclaimed sophomore  CD Missundaztod,which I happen to love too.I was totally in to it during my "saddidy" era,as I un-fondly termed it,a couple of months back.*Sad times*. Please let me know if you'd want me to upload the song in question for ya.And yeah,Steven cudda been Jagger's lost twin brother.They have more in common than abundance of lips;both are eccentric and equally ridiculously talented.And oh,"I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" was my jam!

What is yr saddidy era? (anything to to with Pdiddy?  ;D ;D ;D ) Would it have anything to do with yr sabbatical?

Please load it up by all means. I am sure we are all ears.....

Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pib3hr .Please do let me know what you think of the song. ;D
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

HUSNAA

I'm shocked! This is so un- Steve Tyler like!! Its a really nice song, but honestly does nothing for me. I prefer to hear the blues and soul from the likes of Aretha Franklin Roberta Flack Whitney Houston Millie Jackson etc . Their voices are more raw. But u know what? a song just steals upon u when u least expect it. So I expect its like that.
Actually there is a song called Pink by Aerosmith and I thought u were referring to that one. That's more up his alley. Good track also.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

HUSNAA

He is, and at his age, with such a beautiful daughter. Wonder how that came about?? ;D ;D ;D ;D (Astaghfirullah)  ;D ;D

bakangizo

Zan je in sayi Magana Jari Ce 1, 2 & 3. ;D

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on August 14, 2007, 03:54:42 PM
Zan je in sayi Magana Jari Ce 1, 2 & 3. ;D
Re-reading them  hala?
My best magana jari stories- 'dan hakin da karai na,' da kuma labarin telu fari da telu baki 'to mana jakaina!" ;D
Most of these stories were not original. They were translated and transmuted and transmogrified and transfered and transformed... But hey! who cares... they are entrancing..... ;)

bakangizo

Yes, re-reading them.  My fav used to be "Kuda Wajen Kwadayi Aka Mutu". You know, Alti da aljanni ya bashi maganin komai ya taba ya zama sule ;D

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on August 16, 2007, 11:04:58 AM
Yes, re-reading them.  My fav used to be "Kuda Wajen Kwadayi Aka Mutu". You know, Alti da aljanni ya bashi maganin komai ya taba ya zama sule ;D

See what I mean? That story na Alti da aljanni is really the story of king Midas, from which story we got the phrase 'the Midas touch'.... the king who when he touches everything, it turns to gold, and eventually he forgot and touched his much loved daughter and she turned to gold and he regretted his greed.

bakangizo

I know you're right. I have this book "Great Short Stories of the World". It is a collection of close to 1000 short stories, taken from different parts of the world. I actually picked some fairy tales and stories from some european countries, written  in the 18th century that bears strong resemblance to some stories in the magana jari.

dan kauye

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 12, 2007, 09:59:40 AM
I'm shocked! This is so un- Steve Tyler like!! Its a really nice song, but honestly does nothing for me. I prefer to hear the blues and soul from the likes of Aretha Franklin Roberta Flack Whitney Houston Millie Jackson etc . Their voices are more raw. But u know what? a song just steals upon u when u least expect it. So I expect its like that.
Actually there is a song called Pink by Aerosmith and I thought u were referring to that one. That's more up his alley. Good track also.

OKAY Ms mid 70s/late 80s/early 90s.I understand your nostalgia over the music of yester years,which ,perhaps got your groove on to.You 70s heads are not open to new things because you are so convinced that nothing could top what you perceived as the epitome of kool from your era.But this is the new wave.Just get in,fit in.Just kidding.But seriously,you need to embrace new artists,and I'm not talking about booty-shaking Beyonce, hip-wriggling Shakira or can't-hit-a-note-to-save-her-life Rihanna or Janet's-Rythym-Nation-biting Ciara.I'm talking about serious talent like Alicia Keys,Alice Smith,Norah Jones,John Mayer,John Legend,Robin Thicke and Corinne Bailey Raeto mention but a few.And speaking of Ms Rae,here's a couple of songs from her eponymous debut I uploaded for your listening.You should love her.She's not a vocal powerhouse like Mariah or Whitney but she gets the job done.Her voice is elegantly simple,and her lyrics are precise and honest.And uplifting too.I don't swear by her album but every now and then I groove to it,especially when I'm in good spirit.Again,let me know what you think of the songs.In addition to that,I'll upload songs from other artists I mentioned earlier for you too,for free,of course.Lol..

Here you go..

Put Your Records On

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrt7dv

Trouble Sleeping

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b7lrd0

Breathless

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7l5tgt

HUSNAA

Quote from: dan kauye on August 16, 2007, 06:30:30 PM

OKAY Ms mid 70s/late 80s/early 90s.I understand your nostalgia over the music of yester years,which ,perhaps got your groove on to.You 70s heads are not open to new things because you are so convinced that nothing could top what you perceived as the epitome of kool from your era.

Well you know what they say; each to his own  ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I'm not really stuck in any generation of music. I am like a scavenger when it comes to music (I pick the left overs hahahaha) I am not picky or choosy. I hardly buy music I only listen from other ppl's collections or streamed from the internet and I like everything that I like. I easily get bored looking at music video clips. If I diss someone, its because I have not made a concerted effort to listen to their music enough for it to grow on me.

Oh I hate rap.
I'll listen to those tracks when I get time.  :)

amira

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 18, 2007, 04:03:13 AM

OKAY Ms mid 70s/late 80s/early 90s.I understand your nostalgia over the music of yester years,which ,perhaps got your groove on to.You 70s heads are not open to new things because you are so convinced that nothing could top what you perceived as the epitome of kool from your era.

Anyway, I'm not really stuck in any generation of music. I am like a scavenger when it comes to music (I pick the left overs hahahaha) I am not picky or choosy. I hardly buy music I only listen from other ppl's collections or streamed from the internet and I like everything that I like. I easily get bored looking at music video clips. If I diss someone, its because I have not made a concerted effort to listen to their music enough for it to grow on me.

Oh I hate rap.

Rap dinnan shegen surutu da ba kai ba kafa
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

dan kauye

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 18, 2007, 04:03:13 AM

Oh I hate rap.

Hajia ,har yau baki samu lokachin jin yan wakokin da na baki ba? *taps fingers on the table*

HUSNAA

Quote from: dan kauye on September 07, 2007, 11:31:57 PM
Hajia ,har yau baki samu lokachin jin yan wakokin da na baki ba? *taps fingers on the table*

DK its like this: out of sight, out of mind, (ahem). As u are seldom online these days to Konline at any rate,   one tends to concentrate on the more immediate... if u know what I mean. But I will listen in, never mind. Not at the moment though.... ;D. got some pretty immediate things needing attention..... :P   

If u have the files to these tracks, upload them again on sendspace cos they have been removed.
Hasnt the week ended on Robin Thicke ne? He looks like that smug cassanova doctor on Grey's Anatomy.

*~MuDa~*

hi guys, words on the street is that the movie transformers is a hit, and that its a most watch, can anybody fill me in please?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc