News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummutameem

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 10, 2007, 06:59:56 PM
Quote from: ummutameem on December 10, 2007, 06:30:26 PM
nope, what is it about?
Havent seen it either, but its about magic and strange lands a big flying bear and a magical golden compass. There is Nicole Kidman as well. I think it is a good movie. It seems to be like getting attention. So it must be reasonably OK. I intend to watch in sha Allah.
tanx, ll look out 4 it smtime nxt yr when d original ll finally get to nija, hate watching pirated copies, cant go to d cinema now, hav little one to take care of, ll look 4wrd 2 ur review when u get to watch it, a bear flying shld be smthing to c!

Bee

Salam,  
    I went to the movies yesterday with friends specifically to watch The Golden Compass.Husnaa has already given the story line(the bear does not fly though.Only the witches do).I'll give it a pass mark but honest speaking,it is not as good as i expected.I have not read the books yet but i am sure that some parts have been wiped off in the movie because it obvious that some things are missing.Same thing happened to Harry Potter movies.The thing is Engish movies are not as good when it comes to transforming books into movies as the American's.If you have read Lord of the ring books you will find out that there are no much differences with what is in the movies.I'll not discorage you Myself,you might find it very interesting.Happy viewing. :)
Born To Bee Great

Dan-Borno

Su Bee iyayen kallon fim  ;D a bamu mu sha!!
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

MySeLf

Quote from: Bee on December 10, 2007, 08:55:45 PM
I'll not discorage you Myself,you might find it very interesting.Happy viewing. :)

Thanks Bee..
I will try and see it at the weekend.......
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bee on December 10, 2007, 08:55:45 PM
  Salam, 
     I went to the movies yesterday with friends specifically to watch The Golden Compass.Husnaa has already given the story line(the bear does not fly though.Only the witches do).I'll give it a pass mark but honest speaking,it is not as good as i expected.I have not read the books yet but i am sure that some parts have been wiped off in the movie because it obvious that some things are missing.Same thing happened to Harry Potter movies.The thing is Engish movies are not as good when it comes to transforming books into movies as the American's.If you have read Lord of the ring books you will find out that there are no much differences with what is in the movies.I'll not discorage you Myself,you might find it very interesting.Happy viewing. :)

Yes I think u are correct. The harry Potter movies kind of just deteriorated after philosopher's stone and chamber of secrets movies. On the other hand, Lord of the Rings... are timeless movies... one will never get bored watching them over and over again... unlike the matrix trilogy.. I am getting bored just thinking about them... ( ahem that's a dig at Muda hehehehe!! ;D ;D ;D ;D)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Bee

Quote from: Dan-Borno on December 10, 2007, 09:09:39 PM
Su Bee iyayen kallon fim  ;D a bamu mu sha!!

Hahahaha.....DN Barno haka kace? Ok,ill let you have a little.Do remind me sai in dan baku kadan kusha. ;D ;D
Born To Bee Great

ummutameem

salam people, help pls, who has seen 'oh bro where art thou'? i know when it came out, couple of yrs ago, won oscars, but havnt seen it,  started watching it today again on onetv but i just cldnt concentrate, it looks like a comedy. pls what is it about? anyone seen it?

Dan-Borno

Just finished watchinf 24 season 1- 4/5 yester
nite, its so interesting, in fact i have started
acting with confidence just like Jack Bauer.

How many season left for me to watch pls?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

DB u try o!You have just 1 more season to go.
I have not watched any 24 episode because of the number of seasons i'll have to watch before i become current.I dont think i'll ever have time to watch 6 seasons.I hear its very interesting.

Has anyone watched the available episodes of prisonbreak season 3?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Yes GGNK, its not easy to work and watch fim,
however, its good to enjoy the weekend with
your wife(s) and kids beside you while you watch
fim simultaneously.

You mean Season 3 of Prison Break? i started
watching it, but the CD is pirated i guess, so there
are missing parts, but Agent Alex Mahorn, Michael
Scofield, T-Bag and other ganduroba from Fox
River Prison are all in SONA Prison now, i have
never seen a crazy prison like that before.

HUSNAA

I have prison break season 1 and 2 downloaded on my hard disk. Never watched it before. I was told that it was so addictive that I'd do nothing else but watch, for the next number of hrs/days that it would take me to watch the whole series. So I decided not to tempt fate...

gogannaka

LOL Husnaa there's nothing to fear...
I'm sure you have self control.

Has anyone watched the Bourne Ultimatum...a really great movie..Matt Damon is sure a great actor.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on December 23, 2007, 01:00:07 PM
LOL Husnaa there's nothing to fear...
I'm sure you have self control.

Has anyone watched the Bourne Ultimatum...a really great movie..Matt Damon is sure a great actor.

yeah well, the self control comes from being able to resist starting to watch it despite all the hype  ;D ;D ;D ;D cant answer for when i start watching.. so rather leave it for another yr...hehehehe
I went to the cinema and there was Bourne playing but I chose to see hair spray. Anyway wish I'd chosen Bourne...

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 22, 2007, 07:59:22 PM
I have prison break season 1 and 2 downloaded on my hard disk. Never watched it before. I was told that it was so addictive that I'd do nothing else but watch, for the next number of hrs/days that it would take me to watch the whole series. So I decided not to tempt fate...
Pls hajia, do watch P Break. You can't believe how addictive/good it is. Why download and keep if it ain't for watching? ;D I now have this problem of mentally/subconciously comparing any movie I'm watching with prison break! And they always come up short ::)

Alan Gubro - how good is 24? I'm tempted to go buy the whole seasons.

I saw someone recommnded 'The Hills Have Eyes" in this thread. Man! That film is so terrifying. I ended up watching the Part II in the office, cos I don't want a repeat of the tension I felt when I watched the first part in the night at home. I recommend it to all horror flicks lovers!!

Muhsin

Just convinced, uh? persuaded to watch an Indian film titled Doom by a friend yesterday night. Sincerely I didn't enjoy it 'cuz again am not their (indian films) crazy  fan.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.