News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on January 09, 2009, 12:22:46 AM
My movie database is aproaching red...any good movies to look for?

seven point agenda acted by ummaru dan adu'a, very interesting
it was released in 2007, u will like it.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Rais

Very interesting movie! I watched one of the seven point agenda
  "12 hours light"
Bayan Mutuwa akwai hisaby

gogannaka

Amira i have watched 'the secret life of bees'. It's so so good. Very original. The kind of movie that you forget cewa its a movie. All the actors and actresses were superb. Alicia keys was so beautiful. I give it 4.5/5.

I also watched Slumdog Millionaire. Da bomb (as muda would say) Husnaa,you need to watch it and bedtime stories too. Adam Sandler. Very funny.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on February 04, 2009, 07:44:35 AM
I also watched Slumdog Millionaire. Da bomb (as muda would say) Husnaa,you need to watch it and bedtime stories too. Adam Sandler. Very funny.

abokina a aiko min da one copy mana pls.

justn finished watching "DIRTY SEXY MONEY" of the Darling family
interesting.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Amira i have watched 'the secret life of bees'. It's so so good. Very original. The kind of movie that you forget cewa its a movie. All the actors and actresses were superb. Alicia keys was so beautiful. I give it 4.5/5.

Will watch it sometime insha Allah.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 04, 2009, 09:52:02 AM

abokina a aiko min da one copy mana pls.

justn finished watching "DIRTY SEXY MONEY" of the Darling family
interesting.

Slumdog Millionaire is a good movie, i learnt it won an academy award, i'm looking forward to watch it, i saw it with one of my friends. I saw Hancock too, its a very funny superhero movie, like Umma Thurman's My SuperGirlfriend.

@ Danborno, i saw that Dirty Sex Money but i didnt really click to it, i'm done with One Tree Hill though, its a very nice college series, i'm in love.

Who has seen Vin Diesel's Bablon A.D.?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

gogannaka

Slumdog won 8 oscars.

Review:

Taken: An excellent movie. Favourite part was 'I dunno who you are,i dunno what you want. If you are looking for ransome i can tell you i don't have money but what i do have are a very particular set of skills,skills i have acquired over a very long career,skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
If you let my daughter go now that is the end of it,i will not look for you,i will not pursue you but if you don't i will look for you,i will find you and  will kill you'
............sun jangwalo tsuliyar dodo.
A must see.

Soulmate: A good movie too. It was Bernie Mac's last movie before he died. Has some very nice soul music. Kada dai a kalla a cikin yara,you know how black movies are. Things could just pop up absurdly. But its a good movie and got me laughing all the way. It got Samuel L. Jackson (he participated in all the songs),Isaac Hayes and also an appearance by John Legend who is also dead now.

Night train: tsheeeewwwwwwww. not a serious movie. U go laugh sha.

HUSNAA

john legend is dead or isaac hayes is dead? i know hayes has been dead for sometime now. didnt know about john legend though
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 14, 2009, 03:04:24 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on January 09, 2009, 12:22:46 AM
My movie database is aproaching red...any good movies to look for?

seven point agenda acted by ummaru dan adu'a, very interesting
it was released in 2007, u will like it.

Haha. Wasn't the title of that movie reviewed to 5 Point Agenda? 'Cos I heard that two principal actresses in the movie were married off to two town chiefs, and the producer stated that since they were part of the 7 agenda(s), the film should now be known seen as a 5 Pointer.

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 13, 2009, 11:12:43 AM
john legend is dead or isaac hayes is dead? i know hayes has been dead for sometime now. didnt know about john legend though

Sorry it was Issac Hayes that died after Bernie Mac.

BKGZ ban gane wannan review naka ba fa? Who are the 2 actors?

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 16, 2009, 01:53:24 PM
BKGZ ban gane wannan review naka ba fa? Who are the 2 actors?

Baka gane ba? Hint:- Kebbi & Bauchi.

gogannaka

LOL,
New form of immunity. I hear that Yuguda is vying for the CBN governor seat. Another movie.

bakangizo

Of course. It goes to show how lucrative the movie biz is now in Naija. Heard there's a sequel to the "Seven Points Agenda". It is titled "Seven Points In Danger". ;D

*~MuDa~*

Ggnk and DB, i saw that Taken, oh boy! Ian was fantastic, he was terrific, and we have the same favorite part from the movie, its really good, i mean really good. The movie is a critical success, anyone can watch it. Its a must see!!!
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Fateez

Can't believe I still haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire! I'm like the only one on this planet that hasn't! I

do love the soundtrack though especially Jai Ho.

Lets see, since my last visit....

Hollywood

Angels and Demons

Just watched it last week and I absolutely loved it! I haven't read the book so I was totally blown away by

the twist at the end of it! That being said though, I found it hard to take the movie seriously at first

because of the cast! Tom Hanks was oky, although I think he tried too hard to be funny (at least he tried).

As if it wasn't hard enough for me to come into terms with Ewan McGregor acting as a holy priest

Carmalengo, I see Paulo from FRIENDS acting as a priest too! Anyone remember Paulo? The sleazy Italian

guy that was dating Rachel in season 1 of FRIENDS? Hehehe! Also, in the beginning Sylvano was from

Season 4 of House! He was the old doctor that wasn't really a doctor. Seems like the entire cast was from

TV! Anyways, it was a good movie. I highly recommend!

Wolverine

Another good one! But then again I'm always bias to the Xmen series cos I was a big fan of the comics back

in the day. Opening scene was shot in Lagos (or what we're supposed to believe is Lagos) Nigeria. Watching

Ryan Reynolds speak Igbo was hilarious to say the least! All in all good movie!

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Seeing that they had changed the story a lot from the book, I didn't expect to enjoy the movie! In the book

it was supposed to be a British cast so I expected her to be all Anna Friel chic and not the movies' all

American girl next door that has a knack for labels. But it was still a good movie! Highly recommended for

the girls!

Nollywood

Beyonce and Rihanna

I didn't so much watch the movie as I did LAUGH AT IT! The plot was unoriginal and crap to say the least.

I'm not being  harsh. I'm all for supporting local talent but this movie was plain ridiculous. To add insult to

injury that Omotola Jalade Ekeinde cannot sing to save her life! I don't know who has been deceiving her

but the person should just stop it! She should stick to just acting abeg.

Passions

Good movie if you can look beyond the fake American accents. It's got Genevieve Nnaji, RMD, Stella

Damasus-Aboderin and Emeka Ike. It's a nice story. Oky film.

Jenifa

I just wanted to see what the hype was all about. It was really funny in the beginning. Right up until the

move started turning into one of those cliche campus life "runs" kind of movie that dwelled on nothing but

lame sereotypes - *yawn*

Sitanda

Finally got to watch this one and it was very impresive. Good to see Ali Nuhu challenging himself. He'd do

well in Nollywood that's for sure. I loved the story, excellent quality. Would've preferred a little more in the

clothes/costume department, but that didn't ruin it.

Kannywood

Wasan Maza

To say I was impressed is a gross understatement! This movie is a sign that a reform was all the Hausa film

industry needed to step up their game 100 notches! Sure there's still a lot of improvement to be done but

hey, at least they're trying. It's not really a Kano film but a movie from Prime Studios in Abuja. It was all class

and zero trash. No tasteless singing and dancing or all that crap. Just a beautiful story that flowed so

nicely. The cast also helped. Ibrahim Mandawari, Aisha Dan-Kano and Jamila Umar were the main cast. It's

a very grown up love story. I recommend this movie to everyone! especially people that believe that Hausa

films are nonsense, "iskanci" or "bata lokaci".

Yan Uwa

See the comment I had for Wasan Maza above. Yan Uwa is another masterpiece. It's very obvious that a

lot of depth went into the plot. It was a village focused film and the quality was very impressive! highly

recommended for any Hausa film fan. 

That's it for today!

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain