News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

On The Couch

Started by *~MuDa~*, December 10, 2006, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Quote from: ummutameem on May 22, 2010, 10:59:19 PM
ha ha ha, just watchd 'welcome home roscoe jenkins', black comedy, martin lawrence, james earl jones, cedric d entertainer, mo'nique.

hilarious n a good lesson in family values. good film, if u come across it, watch it!

...then hurry up and watch Why Did I Get Married? And it's latest sequel, Why Did I Get Married Too? I can bet my last penny you'll get satisfied and entertained most probably more than as you did while watching that one.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummutameem

ive seen why did i get married, very interesting, ll look for the second one.

i started following a series 'lie to me', its about a group of detectives dat study human expressions n body language n use it to solve crime. ive seen two episodes n they are good

gogannaka

Sounds interesting.

Why did i get married is a very interesting movie.
I want to go watch 'prince of persia'.
There has been so much hype over it.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

hey guys, suggest something for me, i prefer series pls.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

ummutameem

hmm DB, dat is an interesting request, it is simple for most people but for a tv junkie like me we ll have to narrow it down.

wat do u like to watch, comedy, suspence, thriller, crime, drama(many categories), sci- fi, horror, super-natural, reality, adventure, fantacy, epic? the list goes on and on.

you are a guy so u ll probably like crime suspence, try CRIMINAL MINDS, i love it, a division of fbi dat studies human behaviour to solve crime, they deal with serial offenders, very interesting, its like csi but inside d brain of d criminal.

if u like comedy, i recently rewatched (is dat a word?) FRIENDS and i was beside myself, it was really a good show. its like watching MIND YOUR LANGUAGE when u are older, i used to watch it when i was younger, i watched it again in 05 n it was a new experience!

if u need more just say d word, ka tambayi agwagwa hanyar rafi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on May 24, 2010, 07:17:14 PM
hey guys, suggest something for me, i prefer series pls.

Me too haven't been watching any film; I now have little access to film since the closure of British Council, and CIT student's cafe at BUK. There we meet computer nerds who download latest films.

GGNK, pls alert me whenever you come to Kano. It seems you don't delete films on your system, or you have an external disk, true? Or do you have any alternative where I can get them (films)?

@DB, I recently watched one film, which I am sure, will interest you. It was a "truckload" hilarious comedy series entitled Every Body Hates Chris based on the Black-American sensational comedian Chris Rock.

@UmmuT, Did you watch Mind Your Language? Oh my lord! I liked that film, wallahi. I watched it again and again.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin,yes i hardly delete movies from my laptop. I should get a hard drive but I've been procrastinating.
Inshaallah i'll write them for you on a DVD.

Has anyone seen robinhood? I learnt it did not meet up to expectations.
For me,i believe anything with Russel crowe will be interesting.

@ Muhsin: An rufe British Council ne?
Why?

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on May 28, 2010, 12:18:29 PM
Muhsin,yes i hardly delete movies from my laptop. I should get a hard drive but I've been procrastinating.

Haka kayi ta yi min alkawari.

Quote from: ummutameemyou are a guy so u ll probably like crime suspence, try CRIMINAL MINDS, i love it, a division of fbi dat studies human behaviour to solve crime, they deal with serial offenders, very interesting, its like csi but inside d brain of d criminal.

Ah! 8) One of my favourite series. After PB and 24. I love it. I heard the 5th season is on. Wish I could lay my hands on it.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on May 28, 2010, 12:18:29 PM

Hmm... I particularly have one funny feeling of not allowing my disk space goes below 50Gb.
You don't have to write them, I prefer soft to hard copy. More accessible. And am afraid as putting DVD, VCD, etc can affect my lens.

Quote@ Muhsin: An rufe British Council ne?
Why?

Yes, it's closed since, if my memory  serves me right, 31st March this year.
Why? I don't know; and nobody can actually say. All they told us was pure bullshit, no substantive reason was ever mentioned. People allegedly say it was because of fear of the so-often-called Terrorism.

ummutameem

@ggnk, havent seen robinhood, is it out? showing in cinema or on dvd?

@bkgz, i dont think criminal minds is out on dvd, may be in d US but its showing on dstv, either action or unich, cant remember d channel but they just started, they r on d 3rd episode.

@muhsin, is dat really their reason? wat is there to terrorise in british lib, boring books n even more boring novels, pls, they r just paranoid. however in their defence dats wat terror is all about, it instills fear in u n makes u paranoid, no peace of mind. Allah ya kare.

*~MuDa~*

@All. It seems you guys have been having fun. I haven't seen most of the recent blockbuster's yet like Prince of Persia, Iron Man, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood (is it Crowe in the movie?), Shrek Forever After and so on. However, Gogannaka hook me up with some of the 1s you have next time you are in KN.

I've been having fun watching The Hangover, Crazy hilarious comedy by Bradley Cooper, insane, i had fun realy.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

ummutameem

mr. moderator, we are having fun n it seems u r 2, yes russell crowe is in robinhood, i have not seen d recent ones yet also but ill remedy dat soon IA.

i watched angels and demons last night, nice,but im sure i wouldnt hav gotten it if i hadnt read d book first. too much info crammed in. but it was beta than da vinci code(in my opinion)

Muhsin

Quote from: ummutameem on May 30, 2010, 09:01:47 AM
@muhsin, is dat really their reason? wat is there to terrorise in british lib, boring books n even more boring novels, pls, they r just paranoid. however in their defence dats wat terror is all about, it instills fear in u n makes u paranoid, no peace of mind. Allah ya kare.

Really, really paranoid, Ummutemeem. They have already built a heavy "blockage" rounding the building; security-alert entrance door and other security-coded doors; hundreds of fire extinguishers; and other strict defensive/protective stuff in case of any sort of attack. These alone are revelatory of what prompted them to close down the place for members. They still run some works, for e.g. conducting exams for UK universities entrance, etc, etc.

Quote from: ummutameem on May 31, 2010, 08:44:42 AM
i watched angels and demons last night, nice,but im sure i wouldnt hav gotten it if i hadnt read d book first. too much info crammed in. but it was beta than da vinci code(in my opinion)

Have the book (Angels and Demons) for more than a year but I'm yet to read it from cover to cover. Although something happened that precludes me to finish (it) when I started reading it; my friend borrowed it, and when he returned the book it was tore apart. Sai duk ya fita daga raina wallahi.

And some weeks ago I was given the film. Gaskiyarki if one does not watch the film he'll hardly enjoy the film. Hence I just ignor it, though it's still on my system. Shall watch it soon, inshaAllah.

Lastly I am surprised you say its better than The Da Vinci Code. I prefer The Da Vinci Code a hundred and one more times to the Angels and Demons.

gogannaka

Quote from: ummutameem on May 30, 2010, 09:01:47 AM
@ggnk, havent seen robinhood, is it out? showing in cinema or on dvd?

Robinhood is out in the cinemas.
Since you're in lagos you can catch up with the movies at silverdird cinemas or Genesis Deluxe cinemas at the palms
http://www.silverbirdcinemas.com/
http://www.genesisdeluxecinemas.com/

@ BKGZ inshaallah zan cika maka alkawari. Please PM me your addy and i'll get them sent.
@ Muhsin, using your CD rom drive will not harm your system in any way. Not using it might even make it to pack up due to non usage.
Do you know that your hard disk is a similar to your CD rom. It uses the same lens and disk technology.

I watched Prince of Persia finally.
Mennnnn, its a great movie with one of the best endings i've ever seen.

*~MuDa~*

@Ummum, me i refused to watch the movie coz i still havent seen the Da Vinci Code due to piracy. But a cousin of mine told me that the movie Legion is full of blasphemies, manya manya ma kuwa, talking about Angels disobeying God and all. So i'm not seeingit either.

Of recent i acquired, Alice In Wonderland, Alvin and The Chipmunks II, The Book of Eli, Miss Conception, The Horsemen, Leatherheads and If Only.

And i have just watched Clash Of The Titans, How To Train Your Dragon (Wich i loved like crazy), Iron Man II (Ya hadu) and From Paris With Love. had fun.

...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc