News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

scientific finding

Started by alkanawi, January 04, 2007, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

A forth coming article to be published in the Journal of culinary delights has raised more questions than answers in what has been one of the most debated topics in food science. A team of scientist and researchers led by reknowned scientist Dr. Uwer Haus,working in the prestigeous Institute of Culinary studies has concluded that "no two naman sallah tastes the same".
"Its like DNA or Thumb print" he said.After taking samples from wide variety of households over a long period of time(15 yrs), the only definative conclusion is that "it is not conclusive" he added.
"It is amazing how a difference of 0ne mg of Nacl, 1 degree of temperature, or 2 minutes of harmattan wind can alter the taste from one kitchen to another", says professor Soo Ya.
Although some critics have attacked the findings as "hogwash", majority of the scientific community agree with the results and have hailed it as an important if not revolutionary step in the understanding of human tastes.
Dr. Uwer Haus has been nominated for the Lahm prize in Dietics
culled from MYHEAD TIMES 4/01/07
"corgito ergo sum"

admin

alkanawi thanks for this and all your posts and may I take this oppotunity to welcome you and all our new members to this our new forum. As for this topic, I am going to move it to Cooking Board where I think it is more relavent.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

gogannaka

What an interesting post.
Reading between the lines i found some weird things:
1.The name of the researcher is Dr.Uwer Haus-----or rather Uwar house(uwar gida)
2.The acknowledging professor's name is Prof. Soo Ya---or Prof.Suya.
It is nevertheless a good research.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

alkanawi

ya ka gane? sai dai u missed "LAHM" prize ;D
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

Interesting  :D what does the 'lahm' prize mean?

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on January 25, 2007, 01:35:06 PM
Interesting  :D what does the 'lahm' prize mean?
Lahm means nama (meat) in arabic. So I suppose those very interested in the lahm prize would have to be KURAYE, dan su a ka sani da son nama!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

alkanawi

lol
got it right, lahm i mean.Allah ya sa i'm a veg. :P
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Quote from: alkanawi on January 30, 2007, 06:45:17 AM
lol
got it right, lahm i mean.Allah ya sa i'm a veg. :P

Muna da Alkanawi biyu ne on the board? the vegetarian Alkanawi and the carnivorous Alkanawi?? ;D ;D

Quote from: alkanawi on January 30, 2007, 07:28:44 AMhow i long for real tasty tsire.Sometimes i wake up in the night craving for balangu and i mean that kind where the murhu is near one kwatami like that with all the dust from the traffic lying a thin film of soft fine sand.
;D

alkanawi

actually that longing & craving is withdrawal symptom. :'(
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

Quote from: alkanawi on January 30, 2007, 10:20:28 PM
actually that longing & craving is withdrawal symptom. :'(

A vegetarian craving flesh! How masochistic can u get?

Go on ! Have a  barbecued steak

The doctor shant know about it if u dont tell him!!

alkanawi

lol
Hajia wai ina kika samo 'yan dodannin ne?
"corgito ergo sum"

HUSNAA

'Yan doddanin na kwasosu ne as part of mozilla firefox browser's add-ons or extensions not sure which. When I use the firefox browser, I am able to add them to my posts. Fun arent they?

gogannaka

Interesting,i have been using firefox since amma ban taba sanin wadannan dodannin ba.
We now know who is the computer 'whiz kid'  :P

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on February 02, 2007, 06:43:06 PM
Interesting,i have been using firefox since amma ban taba sanin wadannan dodannin ba.
We now know who is the computer 'whiz kid'  :P

Lol. Its really easy to get them. No big deal!!

alkanawi

Hajiya na kawo karar Admin. bai barni na maida martani ba ga wannan wawan ba. ya kama ya rufe post din.
"corgito ergo sum"