News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Largest proton accelerator in the alps

Started by HUSNAA, September 11, 2008, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

After thirty yrs of preparation, scientists are about to put the big bang theory to the test. They are going to make protons travelling more than the speed of light collide to in order to release dark (or anti )matter and see how black holes are created and a host of other things. In the process energy at a higher temperature than the sun will be generated.
To Allah Ya Kyauta. Lets hope there is an anti climax.

http://utube.smashits.com/video/7zeRWG7XKzg/end-of-the-world-the-Large-Hadron-Collider-LHC-.html
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

I followed this story with so much interest but i was disappointed when all i saw was just a dot on the monitoring screen.
Quite honestly i expected something to happen,not that i was afraid that there was going to be the black hole that would swallow the earth like some conspiracy theorists claim. I expected them to there and then tell us that a new form of matter has been seen,or that matter has mass because of so and so..etc.
Nevertheless i admire their courage and am eager to know the outcome of the several experiments to follow.

Amma abun ya kara mn Imani fa,that the earth was created from nothing,absolute nothing.
Allah kenan-----Kun fa ya kun.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

The actual experiment to make the accelerated hydrogen protons collide will  begin in October around 10th or 12th. So nothing has happened yet.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

NEWS:
The world's largest atom smasher — which was launched with great fanfare earlier this month — has been damaged worse than previously thought and will be out of commission for at least two months, its operators said Saturday.

Experts have gone into 17-mile (27-kilometer) circular tunnel housing the Large Hadron Collider under the Swiss-French border to examine the damage that halted operations about 36 hours after its Sept. 10 startup, said James Gillies, spokesman for CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.

"It's too early to say precisely what happened, but it seems to be a faulty electrical connection between two magnets that stopped superconducting, melted and led to a mechanical failure and let the helium out," Gillies told The Associated Press.

The CERN experiments with the particle collider hope to reveal more about "dark matter," antimatter and possibly hidden dimensions of space and time. They could also find evidence of a hypothetical particle — the Higgs boson — which is sometimes called the "God particle" because it is believed to give mass to all other particles, and thus to matter that makes up the universe.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment