News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

HELP ME TRANSLATE

Started by MySeLf, January 16, 2007, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Salam,

Please help me with the English version of the following words:

Muruci
Agwalima
Qeya

Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Bayya

Some dreams do come true

bakangizo

Muhsin

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Muhsin on June 05, 2011, 05:33:32 PM
Muruci
Agwalima
Qeya

Lol English master da kanshi?

Hey guys, this one is to hausawa:

What is the differences between:

Mu gaggana
&

Mu tattauna
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

@DB, the difference depends upon (1) dialect and (2) intention. To some, due to dialectical variety, both the two expressions mean to discuss. While in another case, "Mu gana" means to meet; and does not necessarily refer to discussing at/during the meeting. "Mu tattauna" stands for to discuss. For e.g, we are doing tattaunawa here, but we aren't ganawa. And, one may say we are doing both. That's why I bring DIALECT into this.

bakangizo

'Zo mu gana' and 'Zo mu tattauna' are almost the same in hausa land. So one can translate it as 'Lets Meet'

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Dante

Quote from: Muhsin on June 05, 2011, 05:33:32 PM
Salam,

Please help me with the English version of the following words:

Muruci
Agwalima
Qeya

Thanks

Hmm.....

1. Tubers
2. agua de lima
3. Thorn

hey, this is a wild guesss... :)

Muhsin

^^^Thanks, Dante. Besides, I don't mean Qaya but Qeya. Therefore the search continues...
More-over, what language is that agua de lima, pls? Can't see the "word" in all my dictionaries.