News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Valentine Gift

Started by alkanawi, February 13, 2007, 01:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkanawi

Furo was in trouble. He forgot it is valentine. His wife was really angry. She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE".

The next morning Furo got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a small box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought the box back in the house. She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Funeral services for Furo have been scheduled for Friday.

Me i have started a "cold war" which is not to be resolved till after the 14th
"corgito ergo sum"

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

One who doesn't show love, truly dosen't love.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

I dont believe that. Some ppl find it hard to express themselves openly
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

I agree with Husna. Because it almost happened on me. Though young, but I once  found myself inevitable in love. That lingered, if I could remember, up to the time I joined this Site. Husna, can you remember? But, i'm yet to let the girl know. And we, now, parted to different locations. So I'm no longer in ....LOL
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

alkanawi

Jama'a that post was meant to be a really really rib-wracking joke,at least i found it so.

"corgito ergo sum"

Abut

Valentine's day is here again.... love is the air. Some pple will get a chance to finally ask that special person out, gather enough 'liver' to say out their true feelings. Others would take the opportunity to renew their love, shower their partners with gifts and declarations of unending love. Its a season where lovers (especially guys) go all out to buy gifts like teddies, perfs, cards...name them, the list is endless. These gifts r usually expensive for those who take it upon themselves to partake in this festival of love as love is increasingly judged on monetary terms.

It is against this background that i want to ask the forum what is the relationship between us as a pple i.e. Hausawa, Muslims, and yan arewa to this celebration of love? Is it really important? Do we need to wait for Vals b4 we should express our love? Does it have a place in our culture?

_Waziri_

Quote from: Abut on February 14, 2007, 09:24:04 AM

These gifts r usually expensive for those who take it upon themselves to partake in this festival of love as love is increasingly judged on monetary terms.

It is against this background that i want to ask the forum what is the relationship between us as a pple i.e. Hausawa, Muslims, and yan arewa to this celebration of love? Is it really important? Do we need to wait for Vals b4 we should express our love? Does it have a place in our culture?

That reminds me of the Arab saying:

Man dalabal bikra bila nukuudi,

kaman sadal ghaza bila kilabiy

That is to mean:

He who goes after a lady without money,

is akin to he who goes out hunting without dog.

regarding your questions, I say:

1. There is no relationship between Hausawa, Yan'arewa and Muslims and Valentine's Day
2. Being it important is a matter of choice without restriction.
3. You do not need 2 wait for Vals to xpress love cos' even the Westerners do not wait for it to xpress love
4. It doesn't have a place in our culture.

Finally, should one choose to celebrate it let them do it with maximum pleasure, tis their prerogative. Tis only that they should not make it a religious practice that attracts rewards or punishments.

Muhsin

Let me add few words to Waziri's responce to Abut; It (Velentine) doen't have a place also in our religion.