News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Amazing

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, January 14, 2007, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

I'm afraid you are all mistakenly accusing the Hisbah force of doing wrong.
First of all Fateez: The hisbah force does not have a right to effect judgement on any person.Their duty is to guide,help and in some cases apprehend a criminal.You should also know that in the case of the lesbians the Hisbah didn't intend to kill anyone.What they did was to demolish the place where the said atrocity was committed.
For Myself: Please what did you think would have been the best way to tackle this issue?Would it have been better if the government just folded its arms or form a committee to investigate and look into the matter?what do you think the people would have said?In a state that is running on the sharia'a doctrine?
You have to look both ways.Lesbianism as we all know is the second gravest sin a person can commit after killing a human being.In this case the atrocity was highly publicized by the news media and all sorts of media like the poster people that Muda mentioned.I believe even if this were a joke it was a very expensive one and i believe the action the government took was perfectly in order. A tauna tsakuwa don aya ta ji tsoro.

For aunt Husnaa:I hate to disagree with you and Myself but the Hisbah members are not a bunch of crap.Infact i find it very bad you make reference to them like that.
Please tell me if anyone of you has ever heard where a hisbah official killed or helped in killing an individual.Comparing the hisbah members with those tsan tsan jahilai is VERY VERY WRONG.
You might not have come across an incident where the hisbah were very very helpful.I'll give you examples.Please go to the accident and emergency section of the Murtala Mohammad special hospital,you will see how very helpful the Hisbah members are. Also just last year,it was the hisbah members that helped control the worsening traffic situation in Kano state until the police saw that their(police) integrity was at stake because people tend to respect the hisbah members.(at least they don't indiscriminately arrest you for doing nothing and they don't ask for bribe)

Regarding their knowledge of Islamic policing,you would like to know that the board's members during set-up included officers from the Nigeria police and SSS as well as other forces in addition to well respected and educated Ulamas.If we were to give them the benefit of the doubt we wouldn't say the don't know anything regarding Islamic policing.

Please condemning their action so strongly will not help but show to the world that everything about Islam is bad.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Lol GNKK dont take it too personally  :P :P :P :P :P ;D.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Fateez

Quote from: gogannaka on June 01, 2007, 08:08:53 PM
I'm afraid you are all mistakenly accusing the Hisbah force of doing wrong.
First of all Fateez: The hisbah force does not have a right to effect judgement on any person.Their duty is to guide,help and in some cases apprehend a criminal.You should also know that in the case of the lesbians the Hisbah didn't intend to kill anyone.What they did was to demolish the place where the said atrocity was committed.

Gogannaka, according to how it was reported, people intended on killing them.

That was why they had to flee for their lives. Trust us northerners to take the

laws into our own hands. The way it was reported on BBC and Yahoo! The Hisbah

people that went in search of them had some cruel intentions. I even read somewhere

about them going to be stoned to death if found guilty. I know that may not have

been the case, but knowing my people only too well, there is a chance that may happen.

Besides, da point i was trying to make was that why was there so much hype about

these women when there are an daudu in the community? Arent they both guilty for the

same crime? Shudnt they be punished too?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Fateez

Quote from: HUSNAA on June 01, 2007, 10:00:49 PM
Lol GNKK dont take it too personally  :P :P :P :P :P ;D.

Hehe, true HUSNAA. Yi hakuri gogannaka. For all we know gogannaka may

be an undercover hisbah agent.... Gogannaka by day and Inspector Hisbah

by night! We didnt mean any harm, just trying to point out issues.  8)  8)  8)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

MySeLf

Chei gogan, you are just not a farmer but also a lawyer ;D, I can now imagine you in suit...... lol
Hhmm! What i mean gogan is what about proper investigation before action?
You know is wrong passing judgement without trial and some time that exactly what the hisbas does.
As soon as they heard rumour, they waste no time appearing with their makamai to pass hukunci there and then,
which i think even according to Islamic law is wrong.

And I'm not condemning the hisbas all together, NO!
I know hisba body is gov. by well educated mallamai, but wadan nan na kasan
masu zartar da hukunci haka kurum, kuma kaima kasani.

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

IBB

I've been thinking how these Hizba-boys are recruited. Is it based on their knowledge or what or do they go through some trainnings? I dont think some of them can recite even Fatiha.

Iam not saying they are not good. I just wanna suggest extra effort should be put in the recruitment process. they should be given some training u know; education wise and manner of interacting with people. I think their manner of approach is very rude, which I believe is unislamic
IHS

gogannaka

Ka ji IBB kuma.
Babu dan hisban da bai iya karanta Fatiha ba.
I am quite surprised at you ppl's rating of the Hisba (and Husnaa i'm not taking it too personally).
Ina jin dai ni dai the Hisbah ppl i've come across are just too good ne kawai.

Fateez dama yan daudu lesbians ne?
Ni har mantawa nake da su ma.Na ga alama sana'ar daudu ta yi tsami yanzu.
Ba'a ganin su a gari yanzu.

Myself,i cannot be a lawyer.I can hardly speak in public  :-[
I'm Glossophobic  :(
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

I think Hisbah has been streamlined then GGNK. Initially when Hisbah was new, they behaved like a bunch of thugs, u know the smallest trouble they will take the law into their own hands. Women bore the brunt of it. Remember ma wai an ce one local famous Sheikh used to chase karuwan da su ke tsaya wa by Daula Hotel or so, with a whip. Dont know how true that was.
Anyway, Yan Daudu are  supposed to be homosexuals. I think in the Nigerian context though  not every dan daudu is a homo, its just a behavioral trait that they act and sound like women. I think some even did it so that they could attract customers to their food joints because yan daudu were famous as cooks. They knew how to make a mean dish stew or what ever local dish. When I was very young I used to see some yan daudu who lived nr my grand mother's house. To us they were just ppl who spoke like women and wore wrappers; there was nothing extraordinary about them after that, except that  they had a bukateria and the ppl of the unguwa would buy food from them. It was much later in my life that I came to know what the function of a dan daudu really was. But that early memory of those transgenders went a great way to making me not very averse to yan daudu really. Also having spent a great deal of my youth outside of Nigeria, I had a  lot of exposure to trans sexuality at a much earlier age and it used to fascinate me, how men would want to  turn into women. I remember that when I used to catch the bus to school, there used to come on board, this very very tall woman with exquisitely shaped but muscular legs. She was always impeccably dressed and groomed, lips rouged bright red, painted nails long and tapering and  hair in place, high heels all the time and a faux fur coat. I remember that I could never look at her but that the idea that she was previously a man would come into my mind, or that it was a transsexual man. Men who want to become women, always over do it on the dress front.

Dave McEwan Hill

Transsexuals (those who would like to be of the other sex) and cross-dressers (men who like to dress in woman's clothing) are not neccesarily homosexual in what is a very complicated area of human sexuality. I had always believed "dan dauda" to refer to homosexual men (ie men attracted sexually to other men). The word homosexual also refers to women attracted to other women. Most cross-dressing men are attracted to women sexually and many macho and very masculine appearing men are in fact homosexual.
Trans-sexuals are an unhappy bunch as they are basically people trapped in a body of the wrong sex. Operations to change the sex and sexual organs of these people are fairly common but very often do not give them the peace they seek.

Whatever the sexuality of anybody they are as God made them. It is impossible to change your sexuality though perfectly possible for you to conceal the true nature of it or to control it.  All peoples, no matter their sexual orintation, deserve respect, understanding and love like anyone else and it is not for us to judge them unless they involve in violent, illegal or predatory behaviour against other people's will or against children.

Mufi

Amazing videoblog i came across today between the buffalos, lions and the crocodiles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

HUSNAA

Lol Mufi sorry... some one beat u to it!! Abdulgee or someone else directed us to the video three months ago I think it was. It should be, bcos MYSELF hadnt disappeared from the forum then. Thanks anyway... ;D ;D

MySeLf

Hi Guys! Got this amazing pictures claiming to be Mysterious Tree in NALGONDA India..  ???
But how convincing?

It look like ordinary baobab tree from the distance.. Doesn't it? 

Now take a closer look

HHhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Illusion? ???
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Tukurtukur

a mixture of reality, arts and illusions.

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

The sculptures must have been carved into the tree, since it is so big. I bet it was done some hundred or more yrs ago so that ppl of nowadays find it almost religious. Nothing to get too spiritual about.
PS Muhsin remember Allah Ya Hana making images of living things so that should tell you that these are not natural in themselves but manmade.