News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Muslims Undecided About U.S. Presidential Pick

Started by bamalli, February 14, 2008, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Muslims Undecided About U.S. Presidential Pick
A poll released by CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations) last week shows that 80% of U.S. Muslim voters plan to participate in this year's presidential primaries, but that most are still undecided about their pick. While most Muslim voters identify more closely with the Democratic Party, a clear front-runner or endorsement has not yet emerged. The poll also gives insight into the demographic profile of U.S. Muslims: young, highly-educated, and involved in U.S. civic life.

Muhsin

I, too, have been for quite long dithering over this as I was living in U.S. Don't know or rather can't say why. Or maybe my keen concern is over American's foreign policy, e.g to Middle East and African countries.

Personally, I'll go for Democrat's candidate; be it Mrs Clinton or Obama, his recent pronouncement on his relation to Islam notwithstanding. Why. Its statistically discovered that almost all this century U.S president have had lauuched war on so-so country or people. But today, Republican presidents have worst history on that, e.g Bushes. Thus, as I think, war is almost one of Republican party's manifestors. And this war on Muslims, for instance, Irag, Afghanistan and as on the list Syria and Iran and more others.

Allah ya zaba masu (and also mana if you look at the present position of US in the world policy) mafi alkhairi, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

King

When you imply that the Republicans have a vendetta against Muslims, I think you should clarify your submission with concise examples. Which war exactly is America fighting against Muslims? The situation in Afghanistan developed as a result of the Taliban providing safe haven for Al Quaeda and other terrorist elements that were responsible for 9/11. It would seem to me that Al Quaeda threw the first punch in that war, and the US responded accordingly. Since the conflict with the Taliban, the US has developed alliances with several Afghan Tribal leaders and former warlords to combat the Taliban, and to help install democracy in Afghanistan. If the war was targeted against Muslims, why are all Afghan people (muslims) not warring against the US? That aside, many of the Islamic nations in the middle east have diplomatic ties and relations with the US. If the US was indeed waging war against Islam, why would Islamic countries in the region maintain good relations with them?

Since 1979, Egypt for instance has received $50 billion in economic and military aid from the US. Is Egypt not listed as an Islamic aid. Does part of that $50 billion not go to fund Islamic activities. In your view, is that type of aid unfavorable foreign policy?

Muhsin

Mr. King,

That example is something very apparent, I believe. How many countries U.S is in war with presently? Why there is no singly non-muslims counties among them...you see thats one thing. Wanna you to remember to what extent did North Korea threaten US and her allies but she never lauch war on them. Why; because Korea isn't a Muslim country.

Secondly, you too, I wholeheartedly believe, cannot justify calling Al-Qaeda responsible for 9/11. And lets say they are, why faight Afghanistan and Taliban? They said they give Usama's guys hospitality...why shouldn't they. Remember Anwar Sadad, British govt give his that and is even always with guards protecting his life after all the things he did to muslims and islam. In this case, should Islamic country has any ground to stand upon and lauch war on England? As I know, even UN hasn't permitted US to lauch war on Afghanistan but I don't know or you know.

And to why some muslims countries keep ties to US. Thats also self explanatory. They are plainly afraid of whats happening to their neigbours to happen on them. Simple and Clear!

And forget about that so-called US donation to Egypt. Don't you know that Muslims enjoy their stay in US than in Egypt? And moreover, how much are they ALWAYS giving to Israel? Why that, then? Lets be fair in our judgement gentleman.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

King

Muhsin,
You seem to agree with me without being aware of it.  You asked how many countries the US in at war with presently. Your position was that the US was warring against Islam, and I pointed out to you that several core Islamic nations had close ties with the US. How the can the US be at war with Islam? I mentioned the economic and military aid that Egypt gets from the US annually, and your response was that Israel gets something too. How does Israel even get into this discussion? But in any case, you made my point. Of course Israel gets lots of foreign aid from the US because Israel is a close ally just like Egypt and Jordan are allies and benefit economically and militarily from the relationship.

But to respond more directly to a submission you made about no non Muslim nations under US 'attack', the fact is that most non Muslim countries do not have radical groups within their borders whose sole objective is to attack or wage war against US or Western interests. The US has strained relations with Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, but Chavez has not taken his rhetoric to a level of physical national threat. Chavez does not house armed fanatical groups in Venezuela that plot to attack the US or its interests within the region. Chavez has simply used his only resource as a bargaining chip in his confrontations with the US. Do you see a difference here?

I recall when Saddam first attacked Kuwait. The Kuwaiti government called on all its friends to come to their aid, especially the US. Kuwait is an Islamic country isn't it? Did the US invade Kuwait also? Saudi Arabia has been huge beneficiary of American military and technological aid for decades now. Other Islamic countries like Quatar, United Arab Emirates, etc basically live on American innovation that has clearly transformed those countries from rural emirates to mega business and tourist destinations. So my question then is, how can you charge that the US is at war with a Islam when these Islamic countries are courting the very 'enemy' of their faith. That's where I disagree with your characterization. If you say the US is opposed to certain elements in the Islamic World, your position would have some credibility. If the US goes after Al-Quaeda when that group enjoys safe haven within the borders of a nation, you cannot twist that scenario to appear as if the US is waging war against that country as a whole. This is what you have attempted to do here, and rather than ask me to be fair, I will ask you to put things in proper perspective.

By the way, about not being able to justify Al-Quaeda's involvement in 9/11, I think that is funny. Al-Quaeda elements have clearly and publicly taken responsibility. Osama Bin Laden has appeared several times on recorded tapes discussing his/his lieutenants roles in 911. So where do you come off denying Al-Quaeda's role when the group itself claimed responsibility? That's odd.

Muhsin

Mhmm...King, many thumb ups to you; you are very good at arguements, I figure out. How cunny and...don't know even what to say. LOL ;D Thats just for a joke.

On a serious note, you didn't actually understand my words. Where did I, in any way, agree with what you earlier said? I Can't see this in my post. Any way, I'll very much like more explanation on that.

I wanna reply to you categorically but don't know why; am not feeling like doing that for the meantime. Wish when I get back...hang on.

Nice discussing with you.

King

Ok, Muhsin, no problem. Take care till we chat again sometime.

Muhsin

Quote from: King on February 19, 2008, 03:00:35 AM
By the way, about not being able to justify Al-Quaeda's involvement in 9/11, I think that is funny. Al-Quaeda elements have clearly and publicly taken responsibility. Osama Bin Laden has appeared several times on recorded tapes discussing his/his lieutenants roles in 911. So where do you come off denying Al-Quaeda's role when the group itself claimed responsibility? That's odd.

Once I heard from German radio of one guy who was said to had been working at World Trade Centre as a messenger before 9/11. He claimed that the attatck wasn't actually executed by Al-Qa'eda people rather by some fanatic Jews. He filed everything and went to court, challenging US that they too knew that but hid the fact...to the rest of the story.

They give a lead to the full issue on the net. But unfortunetly the site never open up. I tried it severally but hasn't yet opened. Let me give you the name or you may be lucky sometimes. www.911masterkey.com

Have you ever heard of that also?