THE CLASH OF THE TITANS!!

Started by memzycool, August 18, 2007, 12:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memzycool

THE CLASH OF THE TITANS!!!

THE CRADLE OF AN ANCIENT HAUSA-FULANI CIVILIZATION VERSUS THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

Jalla Babbar Hausa!!,
So goes the most portable praise for the ancient city of kano. The rich cultural heritage and the diverse dialects within the confines of the hausa language and traditions goes beyond the visible borders of Nigeria,sweeping across most of west Africa.

Kano is not just home to hausa Fulani speking people, but rather served as a civilization to becon with that evolved in the most delicate cultural context and gave birth to one of the most admired and organized African people that the colonial masters had ever come across.
When the people who paved way for a western-style civilization infiltration into the
African subcontinent finally set their foot on the outskirts of the ancient city of kano, Alas!!! They knew they have met a polished civilization, they felt that they were faced with a challenge, a challenge that poised a threat to the diffusion of the western civilization, they saw a people whose civilization might become an obstacle to their diffusion of the western type civilization.
The mere sight of the ancient walls that surround the city known as the {BADALA} said it all.upon interaction and subsequent contact, the came to realize that the people had a fully functional and structured form of government i.e the Emir, Hakimai, Dagatai, Mai unguwa.
·      Emir--------president
·      Hakimai-----governors
·      Dagatai-------local govt chairmen
·      Mai unguwa----councilors.
The people had their social events, and a very modest and reserved family unit and adolescent code of conduct.
The marriage attitudes, the adolescent mannerism,the decent lady dress code, the peaceful co-existence that characterized the ancient civilization is now a mirage of it's own past, due to subliminal and persistent influence of the western-style type civilization on the unsuspecting people of kano.
Where is the shy type typical hausa-fulani girl?
Where is the courteous adolescent attitude?
Where is communal cohesion of being your brothers keeper?
Are we loosing our grips and jeopardizing the sweat and efforts of the architects of our own civilization?
Are we giving in to an alien civilization?
The question I ask is, IS THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION REPLACING OUR RICH ANCIENT CIVILIZATION?

As a food for thought, for my dear kanonians, I say that the rebirth of an ancient  civilization is of paramount importance, thus saving decency, cultural values, good governance, communal brotherhood, it should be the priority that should govern our every move as an upcoming and vibrant generation.
The renaissance(rebirth) of an ancient civilization in kano should start here and now with you and i. everybody can be a part of it{renaissance}. It is only by so doing that  we stay independent and live in peaceful co-existence with the bully like western civilization that tends to not only engulf our own civilization, but also bring along with it too many opposites, moral, spiritual decadence.
Kano state symbolized, morality, decency, courtesy, religious cohesion and brotherhood. Let's join hands to fight on the side of our most prestigious and vulnerable civilization in this subconscious CLASH OF THE TITANS.
Long live Kano state, long live the National Association Of Kano State Students {unimaid chapter}.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDE WE FALL!!!
Muhammad Tijjani Nakande.
Geography Department.
Unimaid.