News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

hurray katsinawan dikko

Started by mlbash, October 02, 2004, 09:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fateez

Yeah it does! Last time i checked there were actually two universities.

A state one andan islamic one. I'm not too sure tho...
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Mufi

Quote from: Fateez on June 03, 2007, 08:08:34 PM

Yeah it does! Last time i checked there were actually two universities.

A state one andan islamic one. I'm not too sure tho...

Fateez you are right katsina state has two universities. state university and the islamic university.
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

amira

Kai abin yayi kyau ba ma daya ba har biyu masha allahu :D
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

hafsee

yes wooh we are definately comming up, its a very good feeling
wat ever u do good or bad comes back to you

bakangizo

The idea for the first University was actually  borne by a group of KT elites, spearheaded by Dr. Sani Lugga. The university was built with financial assistance from some Islamic countries. However, the NUC refused to accredit/acknowkedge the univesity, unless the name is changed from Islamic University. It is now called Katsina University. After it was built, Dr. Sani Lugga and Co. approached the state govt. to help in funding the running of the uni. The state governor, then Umaru 'Yaradua, asked for complete handover of the uni to the state govt. as a condition for govt to fund the school. Dr. Sani Lugga refused, saying they see no reason why they should just hand over after all they've done. Afterall the uni was built with financial assistance from foreigners, for the benefit of the ppl of the state, so why should Katsina State govt feel they can't assist, unless they have complete and total control/ownership? The two parties failed to compromise (ka san 'yaradua da taurin kai). So in annoyance and to "show them", the state govt hurriedly set up its own university, called University of Katsina. It is being built along Dutsin Ma road.

So, that's the story of the two ;D

IBB

Nwah Nijas no dey appreciate things woh. Now u guys r comin up wit stories that the Governor wants to show them thats y he built the uni lol lol
IHS

bakangizo

Gaskiya IBB ba joke bane. That was what happened.

IBB

IHS