News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TRIVIA

Started by HUSNAA, November 19, 2007, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

I was listening to the news and I heard this piece of news which I am going to share with u, and I thought, why not have a thread where anyone with any piece of trivial information can just post it up as just a passing fancy for the rest of us? We can read it and ooh aah over it as we see fit, and then just trash it in a bin somewhere within our brains and forget about it. neat eh?

here goes then:

China has 1.43 trillion dollars in reserve RIGHT NOW!!
How much do we have? (Naija I mean)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Bayya

Tabdi, ai ba mai gaya miki gaskiya.

Wai akwai Uranium a Naija?
In akwai, to me gwamnati take yi dashi?
Some dreams do come true

HUSNAA

Yes
Akwai Uranium a Nigeria. A Kano infact!!! (other places probably). Every yr, we get a visit from those nuclear whatever wanda albaradai is in charge of, to see if we are complying with some obscure rules. I have been to the kauye where the hills with the uranium are located.. i just cant remember the name of the village, but its very close to birnin kano off zaria road.

Mai Gwamnati take yi dashi?
Ba gwamnati tace zata fara sarrafa uranium for electricity supply ba? This was said lokacin OBJ, har ya nada committee on it headed (I think) by Prof Umar Ibrahim who was the former BUK VC and a nuclear (or atomic) physicist to boot.

OK another trivia:
80% of all insects live in jungles (heard from David Attenborough "Planet Earth")
A million individual insects can be found on 1 ha of land.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Did you hear this:

People who died of hunger and malaria in
Africa out numbered those who died with
HIV/AIDS, but amount spent on prevention
of HIV/AIDS is triple the amount spent on
hunger and malaria.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Lawwali

Quote from: HUSNAA on November 19, 2007, 06:25:31 PM
I was listening to the news and I heard this piece of news which I am going to share with u, and I thought, why not have a thread where anyone with any piece of trivial information can just post it up as just a passing fancy for the rest of us? We can read it and ooh aah over it as we see fit, and then just trash it in a bin somewhere within our brains and forget about it. neat eh?

here goes then:

China has 1.43 trillion dollars in reserve RIGHT NOW!!
How much do we have? (Naija I mean)

i think with the multitude problems nigeria has we dont need a reserve now. untill hunger , poverty, ill health are dealt with.
china has no these probs as we have.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Muhsin

@Husnaa,

Wallahi I since ages ago desist myself from such a thought of comparing Nigeria and other countries. I had, before what I can describe as obsessive moment doing that as I started with India. Later I found-out that India has gone to an unassailable peak...hence I put a wedge to this trivia 'work'. Inspite of the fact that Nigeria has both natural and human resources in abundance yet things are still unmentionable to be mentioned. Aunty and other forumites, better follow the tips I've already followed and you would tell me.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

manasmusa

Do you no? That one out of five Africans is Nigerian.
Such is Allah your Rabb, His is the creation and...

IBB

Yeah let me tell you this joke about a Kenyan woman and her husband

The woman after hearing that in every 4 africans 1 is Nigerian, she refuse to agree with her husband need for a fourth child. Cos she doesnt want him to be a Nigerian
IHS

gogannaka

1.43 trillion.WOW
Nigeria has like thirty something Billion.

Just read that Microsoft has Valued the social website 'Facebook' at $15 billion.This is more than Nigeria's budget o!
This website was developed and is owned by a 23 year old.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

gogannaka

Quote from: IBB on November 22, 2007, 07:55:04 PM
Yeah let me tell you this joke about a Kenyan woman and her husband

The woman after hearing that in every 4 africans 1 is Nigerian, she refuse to agree with her husband need for a fourth child. Cos she doesnt want him to be a Nigerian
LOL!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

IBB

IHS

Bayya

Some dreams do come true

Bee

It is funny but you see,that is what is actually happening in the real world.In London for example,did you know that 1 in 4 Africans is a Nigerian? Yes,that is true but you see,those Nigerian are actually from one particular tribe.They are not hard to find because they are  everywhere and at any time with lots of bad record which does not do Nigeria much good.I LOVE NIGERIA but the truth is most people feel reluctant to say they are Nigerians in some part of the world.
Born To Bee Great

IBB

Quote from: Bee on November 22, 2007, 09:53:08 PM
They are not hard to find because they are  everywhere and at any time with lots of bad record.

Yeah all this CC-FRAUD GUYS ko? Can you believe some are even paying tuition fee with fake credit lot of them in my Uni. Even the girls you know, there is this Nigerian girl that was living in my block, she use to come around my flat we chat sometimes cook for us u know. I travel this summer (Aug-07) when I came back my flat mate was tellng she got deported. Ashe all that while she was living illegally in the country with a fake British passport and working full time not a student. After that all the girls two of them living with her were all on the same sh*t they all moved out cos cops came to the house asking them questions.

Quote from: Bee on November 22, 2007, 09:53:08 PM
I LOVE NIGERIA but the truth is most people feel reluctant to say they are Nigerians in some part of the world.

Ah me i sometimes say m from Niger Republic
IHS

MySeLf

Quote from: IBB on November 22, 2007, 10:30:25 PM
Ah me i sometimes say m from Niger Republic

Lol IBB... Wato U rather be associated with starvation then fraud... lol

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!