News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ATENSIYON..........SERIOUSLY!!!

Started by Hafsy_Lady, December 18, 2007, 07:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hafsy_Lady

Okay!!! putting my nonchalant attitude, my fresh air personality about never taking things too personal and my jokey ways aside, and putting on my very serious hat on there is a problem of which I was griping about over the last 30mins. I don't know about you guys, but am known for speaking my mind up. That's how I am, whether it will power horse a few to be pissed, I will still say my mind. What you see is what you get!

I am not going to lie but I enjoy reading threads from all members and forever surprised by the immense contributions from all of you who are all well mannered, cultured intelligent, very entertaining, cool, calm and collected in your own very different personalities. (ok enough praising, already noticing some head-blown ups) ;D. I know everybody want to do their own little something here, you know, I wanna pop up topic or two aswell, ok, ok fair do's, fair enough, space at large post whatever and we respond to what interest us and to be fair we mostly reply to almost EVERBODY'S thread but I am tired of repeating myself over and over and over and over again over the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps one two or three repetitions' is ok by me but it begins to get paranormal to me when it keeps happening.

I came in to the forum an hr ago there was over 10 new topics. I wanted to respond to all but they were practically more or less the same thing!!!!!!!! Ok maybe there were a few dissimilar but the whole forum here seems to be clustered and suffocated with the same topics under different headings!!! Why cant we simply re-trace old topic and rejuvenate it? Before you post out on your topic why not ride around the 30 pages of this forum first and check to see if someone has or has not posted in on your intended topic! If still something is amiss from the topic but is still similar, we should do is to just pull out the dusty old thread, give it a good blow off and revamp it. Just add something fresh you feel like adding and we will carry it from there. It is so easy!!!! But we just keeping dumping on already available topics and the only difference is the title and authors name. Sometimes I just run out of things to say because I have practically repeated myself over and over and over again.

Check on it.........More or less the same topic only diferences is their diferent topic headings and authors but its all talking about the same stuff!!!! >:(

JOKES:
1.   Threads with jokes: Make me laugh, polite joke, drop something funny here, riddles and jokes, go on light your mood, laugh at myself, laugh out loud, jokeville, sounds like a joke, Enlightment, how does it sound, Another joke.

PROFILINGS:
2.   Member prediction, Hey come in and introduce yourselves, JJC, Who is who in k-online, Introdcution-(anybody whose anybody), Guess who is this member, Anything you want to know about a member ask here, Member dairy, daily k-online member diary.

GAMES:
3.   Game: ask the person below you, brainstorming, word association, this or that, word trasnalation.

4.   Why that name, Nicknames, Avatar readings, Philosophy behind your screen/username, distort my name.

5.   How are you feeling today, Good morning-goodday-goodnight and good bye, Hello-everyone drop in and say hi, What a dream-let it out, Good things that makes us happy, lil thangs,

6.   Men and their pride; na sake ki sau uku, divorce, the recurrent of divorce

7.   K-online top ten members, Kanoonline top notches, Leaders of kanoonline, Kings and Queens of Kanoonline 

8.   Naughty-naughty, weird things done

9.   Are we romantic, Modern day romance

10.   Inquiring about special people, Filin cigiya, cigiyan yan uwa

11.   Words of wisdom, beautiful quotes, Your best quote !!! No bi di same thing?

12.   Freesytle roll call. Inspirational lyrix, Free Sytle Cypha-sharpen your lyrial skills,

13.   Come cious with me, The cious virus outbreak

14.   I am back, Dillali is back, My arrival and the whole am back, am back thanggggggg

15.   Ideal wife, I want a wife, I want to marry a Hausa women, Where can I get a good hausa wife

16.   Out of bound for male forumnities plz. Men Wardrobe.

17.   Arrange marriages. Travails of marriage in Hausa land, Marriages.

18.   AureOnline.com, A prelude to my August visit, Hausa online dating, Aure spot

19.   Goodbye 2005-welcome 2006, Happy New year, 2006

20.   Why our girls like money, Kano babes na wa, The problem with hausa girls, Whats all the nitpik on hausa girls, Kano babes living in abroad, Nija girls in Uni, The chemistry of modern girls.

21.   Barka da sallah, Drop your Eid wishes,Your goron sallah,  Everyone this is the moment I have been waiting for,Everyone your ragon sallah is inside hiya ...get it, lol lol lol imagine!

22.   Wata sabuwar member. I am a new member .

And never mind, where I have tripped across two four topics: same authora, same post but posted twice!!!!!!

Signs. People flow on this. SEE WHAT I MEAN? We just keep repeating over things. One few instances I was out of words, because I taught had on I already commented on this somewhere else!

What you see is what you get[/b]

HUSNAA

Hafsy, I dont think what u say is going to work. For one, u as one of the earlier members of this forum is aware of most of the threads that are here, as u have listed them which I must say must have taken u quite a bit of time to hunt them down and list them categorically... no be small work. Many ppl here are relatively new, so dont even know that these previous threads do exist. The point is if u dont know something exists how would u think to look for it? and suppose u say to ur self ok let me see if something exists before I open a new thread.. its bloody thirty pages of threads of which one knows nothing about it. It certainly is very boring work to plod through looking for a pin in a haystack, besides all the time wastage. This is not a thesis that one intends to write so there is really no reason to go indepth looking for literature to review so u can add yr mite to it. Its not worth it. Besides let me enlighten u on something if u are not aware of it. ONLY U KNOW THAT U ARE REPEATING YRSELF! Maybe Ummita does as well and a few others, but even then, if some ppl can remember what u've written before and see it again somewhere take consolation in the fact that , there will never be anyone who will be able to remember everything u'd written before. So what ever u write whether u wrote it twice or ten times, will be fresh news to someone. Also another thing u must realize is that I think most ppl in this thread, go to the LAST page of a thread to check out what was written and ppl are more especially interested in threads where they have avidly contributed to a topic rather than to a thread where they havent or are not particularly interested in. I for one always do that. I always make a beeline for the last page... I dont bother with previous pages, unless of course I have missed out on the conversation from where I left off, then I open a previous page or two. I am sure I am not alone in this.
Bayan haka, u are not taking into account the feeling of euphoria one feels at opening a thread and seeing it become very popular. If we go by what u say, then there will be very few new threads opened and that means very few individuals get the chance to initiate something even if it there is a variation of it somewhere else.
So take it easy. Ke kadai ki ka san u were repeating ur self if it werent for the fact that u'd just made it public. :)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

I see your point gaskiya ne cos yea there are threads that
are discussing exactly the samething but with different titles.
Yep this does need to be looked into. ;)
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Hafsy_Lady

Sweeraht, Listen, even posts that I have in particular started but have NOW realized that someone has already reached the finished line; I have included it in the list above. And just I have stated earlier, it would be much better, less confusing, less time consuming and a more breathable space if we were to just stop clogging up the place with the same thangggggggggggggggg!

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 18, 2007, 07:34:01 PMBayan haka, u are not taking into account the feeling of euphoria one feels at opening a thread and seeing it become very popular.
Ooowww reallyyyyy? I actually never taught of that. So a member gets key up when their post becomes popular?  Geez, I taught it was more for enlightments instead of popularity. Now that you've made it clear it sounds like a fair reason.  For me, I come onboard slap what I wana slap and to be honest not giving a honk whether my topic ends up on the popular list or not. I just happily move on to the "popular" topics and join in on the celebration. So, Whooph there it is!

Its not like am gonna say hey you!: Don't you dare make that post! I simply can't say that because it will just be unreasonable but that am saying something along the lines of hey: try and be thoughtful about it instead of huddling another dough over pizza, just add pepperoni's to it. If you can really spend an hour or two in the forum I don't see how clicking over a few pages would be a staggering task! Come on woman!!!

In light of this, it wont stop me from replying to topics of interest from the vast majority in spite of it becoming a reverse and repeat. Happy? Just saying lets be reasonable and use spaces wisely. PRONTO! :)

What you see is what you get[/b]

Dan-Borno

Yeah!! you have said something Hafsy, as if we
think in the same direction.  I have been trying
my best in resurrecting old threads, and on
several occasion called the attention of the
administrator to merge topics that are of almost
the same meaning and purpose.

Auntin Muhsin, its never a thesis, as you said,
but its boring to see someone seriously bringing
an issue for debate/discussion at the board while
we have already settled the issue in another
different thread.  I think this has happened somewhere
in HAUFA FIM and other threads.

Hafsy is on track, except that the burden of
constant monitoring is on the Moderator and the
Administrator, the Admin has also been trying, for
example in a thread about effects of television on
children, he asked us that it will be merged with the
other old thread which are of the same meaning and
purpose, and in the old thread so many questions
were raised and answers provided.

Its now up to the old members to put the new
members on track.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Bee

Salam
      Hafsy has a point here.Honestly,having repeated threads is like not so cool.It will only make the forum kind of clustered but what she is suggesting is somthing which is close to imposible.I mean just like Husnaa said,most members only go through the latest post and cannot be bothered to go serching for what has been posted,before bringing up something.Kanoonline is that popular that we have new members joining every single day if i am not mistaking.In most cases,the new members are the ones who post similar topics under different names but they should not be hanged for that because they simply have no idea that there is an already existing topic of the same nature.I have done that too when i came in here newly.
     Kanoonline is having more and more members.Even if we are able to tackle the problem now,for how long are we gonna hold on to that solution?There will be a time when the adjustmnets will be an every day thing.who will have time for that? The administrator or the moderator i hope.We will only keep complaining about something that might never have a solution.My suggestion is this,if at all there is a way out,then bring it on people otherwise,lets not impose rules that wont work on the members or creat unnecessary work for our admin or moderators(sai dai in sun ce sunji sun gani they can handle it).Let's move with the flow and enjoy.Cheers to all!
Born To Bee Great

ummita

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 18, 2007, 07:34:01 PM
Besides let me enlighten u on something if u are not aware of it. ONLY U KNOW THAT U ARE REPEATING YRSELF! Maybe Ummita does as well and a few others.

The sand wey dey for my Gari bi dis.........

Don Allah me nayi? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeez don girman Allah, leave me out of this. Dnt use my name to find faults, biko!....... I take God name beg you. Why amongst all did it have to be my name mentioned? Is it because me and the chick are on good tunes? And if that it was you are indirectly trying to point out. I think she was just talking in general no expense spared. Otherwise, bringing me in was totally uncalled for. Or is it your roundabout way of sticking me in jail for no crime committed. I try and avoid you at all costs, running away from you, anytime I spot you around posts but you pace up and jerk at my collar. I no dey enter your path at all or anybody's. Abeg, I no wan wahala. Am very timid. ;D

Hafsy, u wan put me 4 wahala, inah zemana lafya. You wan spoil my EID?

Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on December 18, 2007, 08:28:07 PMI am tired of repeating myself over and over and over and over again over the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps one two or three repetitions' is ok by me but it begins to get paranormal to me when it keeps happening.
Instigating: I knowwwwwwwwwww, its like going over your words like a Hamster on a wheel huh?

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on December 18, 2007, 08:28:07 PM
So, Whooph there it is!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Am in stitches.

[Check on it     
JOKES:
1. Threads with jokes: Make me laugh, polite joke, drop something funny here, riddles and jokes, go on light your mood, laugh at myself, laugh out loud, jokeville, sounds like a joke, Enlightment, how does it sound, Another joke.
Fah-reallllllllllllllll? :o All on jokes? No!!!

Like the rest of the members reasoned and pointed out, aint nothing much could be done unless we iz gotta check b4 plastering the walls! Am very, veryy very lazy these days....and checking 30 pages......Dayummm!!!! But if it will make the stacked hay neat, then I will do it

admin

Hafsy_Lady ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to note this. What you have all said about this is true and the real burden is on us me Admin and the Moderator. I think that a lot of the threads should be merged and be merged as you have categorized them; there is a function for just doing that. My problem is that I do not have as much a time as I used to, to actually go through all the topics all the time. So really we need to get a couple more moderators for this Forum, as a result, we need some long time members and avid followers of this forum such as yourself to volunteer as moderators.
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

MySeLf

But Hafsy have you ever notice when ever an old topic Is resurrected, doesn't survive long?
And that may be bcos people r bored with It, or simply unfamiliar Author.....

And also New topics Is what keep the forum going honestly, If we are to have same old topics all the time,
I promise you people will get bored and not visit much.....

Tactics of re shaping and re Inventing Is widely use in every entertainment Industry, not just kanoonline,
therefore see no big deal..........

My Advice will be deleting very old topic that are no longer of Interest...

!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

MySeLf

Admin, I sent my post minutes after yours, therefore did not read what
you have posted till now..
I hope my view will be taking Into account too..
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

ummita

Quote from: Myself on December 19, 2007, 12:27:13 AMMy Advice will be deleting very old topic that are no longer of Interest...
Yikes! Myself.......that's wiping out history......and it doesn't repeat itself. The horror! I wanna reflect back on old members comments,old dudes & duddettes such as Gimbiya, Bilyaminu, Kilish, FDQ, F'nizzle my favorite Ihsan & many others. Despite this and to an extent, your suggestion is sounding well in my ears.

Admin is in line too; we should merge up topics of the same. Furthermore, we are just closing our eyes on this but I think even though we have equitable interest in the topics we wanna create but if there's already one in place, we don't have to shove it in an already overloaded suitcase just because its our clothes! Why wont we just cart out the old once and over-write on it. And if people do not wish to do that, is be a bit more creative n bring something entirely new and different! Kapish!

Yep! Am sure your comments will be put into consideration too

HUSNAA

Quote from: ummita on December 18, 2007, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on December 18, 2007, 07:34:01 PM
Besides let me enlighten u on something if u are not aware of it. ONLY U KNOW THAT U ARE REPEATING YRSELF! Maybe Ummita does as well and a few others.

The sand wey dey for my Gari bi dis.........

Don Allah me nayi? Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeez don girman Allah, leave me out of this. Dnt use my name to find faults, biko!....... I take God name beg you. Why amongst all did it have to be my name mentioned? Is it because me and the chick are on good tunes?

Lol Ummita make una no vex ooooo. I was only trying to be more truthful...u and Hafsy  are the twins of this forum, so whatever one does, the other knows..... ;)

Quote from: HUSNAA on December 18, 2007, 07:34:01 PMBayan haka, u are not taking into account the feeling of euphoria one feels at opening a thread and seeing it become very popular.
Ooowww reallyyyyy? I actually never taught of that. So a member gets key up when their post becomes popular?  Geez, I taught it was more for enlightments instead of popularity. Now that you've made it clear it sounds like a fair reason.  For me, I come onboard slap what I wana slap and to be honest not giving a honk whether my topic ends up on the popular list or not. I just happily move on to the "popular" topics and join in on the celebration. So, Whooph there it is!

Well yes it is both for enlightenment and popularity. Some topics are just plain silly but they are very entertaining so there is nothing to get enlightened... but the fact that they become popular gives one an adrenaline rush. Its the same as being a pop star or a writer and seeing yr single or book go right through the roof  and become best sellers ;D.. ofcourse  u dont become richer in terms of money here.. but the feeling of achievement is still there

If you can really spend an hour or two in the forum I don't see how clicking over a few pages would be a staggering task! Come on woman!!!

You've just made a point there... that is one hour or two (or even much less for a lot of forumnites here ) is all one can get to devote to the forum on a daily basis. If anyone stays longer, he/she is really STEALING time away from more important things that are in front of one, like writing up one's office reports, making up the balance sheets, analyzing one's research (IBB for example) or like Mumcee, the kids beckon, as well as her own studies. The forum is really an avenue for relaxation and unwinding. Yr suggestion takes it to another level and makes it a chore. On the other hand if u c someone logged for a long time, its because they havent logged out, and havent bothered to close the thread they were viewing before. The chances are that they have tuned out of Konline and have concentrated on the business of the day.

The repetitions that we should get rid of are the threads that are spatially and temporally nearer to each other. Threads opened in 2003, and discarded in 2005 due to lack of contributions should really not pose a problem if some one opens a similar thread  two or three yrs later.

In light of this, it wont stop me from replying to topics of interest from the vast majority in spite of it becoming a reverse and repeat. Happy?   :)

Very happy  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Mts!!!
Well I started with the word above because I wish I had much time to respond fully to that thread. This is really, what I can describe as indepth analysis done by Hafsy. Great kudod to you for taking such a long time writing it. Vey topical and right on the track, as said DB.

But, as you are a human being; you cannot be, what they say perfect. Yeah...because among the topics you have rightly listed. Some of them, to my own narrow understanding, have transendental dichortomy...thats to say arent similar but in a bit way related. And note, am not angry or sth. else that my thread is included amongs but aren't really. Check it under games...what can you specifically say related Ask The Person Below You, Word Association, etc. And the other one Word Translation, I think, can only be said to have similar subject matter with Myself's Help Translate.

Ohhhhhhh....when next I get back. Hang on!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

Well don't have to go back expunging anything but let me just continue from where I stopped yesterday.

Quote from: Hafsy_Lady on December 18, 2007, 07:04:56 PM

GAMES:
3.   Game: ask the person below you, brainstorming, word association, this or that, word trasnalation.
5.   How are you feeling today, Good morning-goodday-goodnight and good bye, Hello-everyone drop in and say hi, What a dream-let it out, Good things that makes us happy, lil thangs,
[/b]

Hafsy, look at the list of these games. Let me just make it snappy and ask you and other forumites to please highlight to me any similarities that can lead to merge these threads or to feel when contributing to any that you were repeating yourself.

And to the number 5, its very apparent that the 1st, 2nd and the last are similar in ways but the 4th and 5th aren't, I suspect. So...

Am quite afraid that I might be misunderstood. Pls don't. Don't again fuss. I mean nothing as I can mean nothing, huh? Thanks.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.