News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

REPS QUERY N154M TO HIRE GENERATORS

Started by Dan-Borno, January 15, 2008, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

=======NEWS============
Daily Champion - Online Edition
Abiodun Adelaja, Abuja

Federal lawmakers yesterday queried the management of Nigerian Security, Printing and Minting Company (NSPMC) for spending over N154million to hire generating sets to power its plants.

The amount spent by the company which also pays a monthly average of N15million on electricity bill to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), is besides the cost of fuelling the generating sets.

Managing Director of the Company, Mr. Ehi Okoyomon stunned the federal lawmakers when he said that NSPMC has been operating on hired generating sets at a monthly bill of N11.5million to run its plants in Lagos since March last year while it also spends N8million monthly on hired generating sets to run the Abuja plant.

and borgus companies.

Imagine this whole amount of money spent on hiring generator!!!! trivia
abin har ya bani tsoro.  I wonder how much it will cost them to buy a
new generating sets for the two plants.  Dont forget that NEPA also
complements the efforts of the generating sets despite its weakness.

Thank you Honourables, I pray this query should be forwarded to EFCC
officially to investigate if there is anything like hiring generator.

May God give us leaders not rulers with the ability to lead us to the right
path and once again make this our dear country a place to stay.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

I don't have much to say here. The thing is completly beyond me. How outrageous! What type of generator is this for God's sake?

This reminded me of one LG chairman who was querried for spending 1million Naira for buying, as he confessed, pure water during Govnors visit to his state in Katsina.

Allah ya kawo gyara a Nigeria, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.