News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Muhsin kayi confusing nawa fa.
I am not supporting or opposing anyones views.
Gara idan an yi 'sadda sadda' ko fairly, then what is the harm in it?
Just don't be so extravagant!
PERIOD

I see no harm if dan 'yar ka za ta tafi gidan miji ka raka ta da 'yan buhunnan shinkafa da kayan zaki (alkaki,dubulan,nakiya etc){idan fa kana da halin}.They are your family for God's sake.

The thing is that,gara cannot be completely condemned just because some few families decide to exhibit their  display of sheer extravagance through this means.

If i had my way i'd abandon the examination system as a means of testing one's knowledge.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Konan

really muhsin i pay £2,560 every yr plus my maintenance comes up to £2,500 and really if u knew the student financial lyf in england u'll feel sorry for us we have to work our buttss off lol and we're always skint

lol nope i dont crave money lol dats jus my darkside speaking i have 2 sides the darkside comes out rarely

im not feisty im some wot crazy

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on January 17, 2008, 06:05:19 PM
I see no harm if dan 'yar ka za ta tafi gidan miji ka raka ta da 'yan buhunnan shinkafa da kayan zaki (alkaki,dubulan,nakiya etc){idan fa kana da halin}.They are your family for God's sake.

The thing is that,gara cannot be completely condemned just because some few families decide to exhibit their  display of sheer extravagance through this means.

There is no harm of course for ppl su raka 'yarsu da kayan abincin of course (especially as you men are the beneficiaries in the long run... ;D). The problem comes in, in the sense that it has come to be regarded in the light of a must do affair dan kar a ji kunya. So ppl hassle themselves left right and centre, su kashe muhimman abubuwa don wai su fita kunya. Meye na kunya a ciki, don bakai wa 'yarka gara ba? The problem is compounded by those who can afford to do it and do it so insensitively by showing off. Then sometimes yadda ake kallan yarinyar a gidan mijin ta is a little offline saboda ba ai mata gara ba; ko kuwa an aura mata facala wadda akayi mata and ppl deliberately talk about it in front of her to make her feel bad... these are things that u guys dont know cos it dont concern u nearly... u only get to enjoy the fruits and u dont know what goes behind the scenes in mata sun taru wuri daya.... the kananan maganganu....(shakes head)
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

QuoteMuhsin kayi confusing nawa fa.
I am not supporting or opposing anyones views.
Gara idan an yi 'sadda sadda' ko fairly, then what is the harm in it?
Just don't be so extravagant!
PERIOD

And thats not how our people are doing; sada-sada?

QuoteI see no harm if dan 'yar ka za ta tafi gidan miji ka raka ta da 'yan buhunnan shinkafa da kayan zaki (alkaki,dubulan,nakiya etc){idan fa kana da halin}.They are your family for God's sake.

I too see no harm in it if the parents are capable to. But why must you?

QuoteThe thing is that,gara cannot be completely condemned just because some few families decide to exhibit their  display of sheer extravagance through this means.

I conmdemned it not because of that rather it's made compulsory either one is able or unable while its not that necessary.

QuoteIf i had my way i'd abandon the examination system as a means of testing one's knowledge.

Wallahi. I have even written a piece about that some long time ago. But GGNK, how then do you think one's knowledge could be tested? I think defenitly its through examination din.

I searched for the piece. Surprise, its my first ever post at KanoOnline. Here is the link;http://kanoonline.com/mb/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=2436.msg24762#msg24762

Quote from: ladymerciful on January 17, 2008, 11:50:43 PM
really muhsin i pay £2,560 every yr plus my maintenance comes up to £2,500 and really if u knew the student financial lyf in england u'll feel sorry for us we have to work our buttss off lol and we're always skint

lol nope i dont crave money lol dats jus my darkside speaking i have 2 sides the darkside comes out rarely

im not feisty im some wot crazy

Are you in London? I hear life there is very expensive thats why lots of people nowadays prepare, if the wanna thier children to study in England, to send them to other cities like Shiefield, Manchester, and so on. Life there is more less expensive, less difficult and other stuff.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

*~MuDa~*

If i had my way i'd abandon the examination system as a means of testing one's knowledge.

Then what means would you introduce?
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Muhsin

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on January 18, 2008, 11:11:38 AM

Thats another problem, Muda. Amma you yourself I believe know (that) there are lots of ineffeciencies related to it.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

precious

Husnaa are you ever wrong?Theres this person i know that when she got married aka yi mata gara mai kyau and then when she had the first baby her father was a bit broke then and because she had provided most of the baby clothes and kayan goyo to help the miji,she told the her parents to not do the garar haihuwa.Wallahi her mother in law came and did gori to her face,telling her that she(mother in law) had done gara for all 4 haihuwa da 'yarta tayi.Wasu ko haihuwar farko ma ba a yi musu ba.Of course a second haihuwa the girls parents did double,that is including for the first child.
I also know of a man whose relative kept harassing him to give her money for her to do gara for the two daughters she had just wedded off.Wahala kawai!

If I had my way all of the north would be fully educated

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Muhsin on January 18, 2008, 11:15:15 AM
Quote from: *~MuDa~* on January 18, 2008, 11:11:38 AM

Thats another problem, Muda. Amma you yourself I believe know (that) there are lots of ineffeciencies related to it.

Related to what? Is it to the examination system as a means of testings one's knowledge or to the problem of derriving a new means of testing one's knowledge!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

Muhsin

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Muhsin on January 19, 2008, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: *~MuDa~* on January 19, 2008, 02:30:54 PM...to the problem of derriving a new means of testing one's knowledge!

Yeah.

Good. Until a new means is concocted, you guys should leave examination alone.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

waduz

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 18, 2008, 07:34:00 AM

There is no harm of course for ppl su raka 'yarsu da kayan abincin of course (especially as you men are the beneficiaries in the long run... ;D). The problem comes in, in the sense that it has come to be regarded in the light of a must do affair dan kar a ji kunya. So ppl hassle themselves left right and centre, su kashe muhimman abubuwa don wai su fita kunya. Meye na kunya a ciki, don bakai wa 'yarka gara ba? The problem is compounded by those who can afford to do it and do it so insensitively by showing off. Then sometimes yadda ake kallan yarinyar a gidan mijin ta is a little offline saboda ba ai mata gara ba; ko kuwa an aura mata facala wadda akayi mata and ppl deliberately talk about it in front of her to make her feel bad... these are things that u guys dont know cos it dont concern u nearly... u only get to enjoy the fruits and u dont know what goes behind the scenes in mata sun taru wuri daya.... the kananan maganganu....(shakes head)

Amma wallahi na yi mamaki, irin wannan magana sai ka ce ba mu 'yan arewa ba? Wani ma ya fadi a can baya, kan cewa ai an wa nana fatsuma kayan gara. Nima na taba jin haka, kuma an ma ce wai kayan har yanzu sunanan a masallacin Annabi SAW. Ko gaskiya, Allahu alamu. Kayan gara a ganina yana da muhimmanci kwarai ga yarinyar da zaa aurar sabo. Dole ne, duk uban kirki ya saya ma 'yarsa gado, kujeru, ledan daki, 'yan kwanuka da tukwanen girki. Wadansu da ke da wadata, har sukan saya ma 'yayansu tv, dvd, carpet, kumbo, sisin gwal, firij, ac, cooker. Wadansu ma har gida da mota suke sakawa a cikin kayan gara!

Muhsin

Quote from: waduz on January 21, 2008, 09:47:24 AMDole ne, duk uban kirki ya saya ma 'yarsa gado, kujeru, ledan daki, 'yan kwanuka da tukwanen girki. Wadansu da ke da wadata, har sukan saya ma 'yayansu tv, dvd, carpet, kumbo, sisin gwal, firij, ac, cooker.

All these you mentioned above aren't, I think, categorize as kayan gara rather as necessary appliances. And even the second category aren't also kayan gara. Itafa gara is quite different, though I don't know how it is over there--your area.

Normally here in Kano, gara use to consists kayan abinci; mai, taliya, shinkafa, etc, kayan taba ka lashe; alkaki, dubulan, etc and other stuff that I cannot mention because ban taba sayawa kowa ba. ;D :D

Dan-Borno

Haba Muhsin, ina aka taba restricting din gara to only
food items.  Infact, food items were not initially part of
gara, it was a later time inclusion.  All these things as
listed by dangerous boy (waduz) are what we call gara
as far as this thread is concern.  Kaji yaron aunty?
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Naji Dan-Barno. :) Kasan YARO. ::)

Why did you call babban yayana dangerous boy? :o Tell me ko in kira maka A...kasan wadda nake nufi.

Bee

Salam
         Gara.One of those things that are not compulsory but we do anyway.Personally,i dont see any real harm in presenting it as long as it is not made mandatiory for anyone.I think we should compare it to Lefe.A gift by the groom to his bride.It is also not necessary but culture and tradition has made it so.If  parents can afford to do gara,then so be it.It does not matter how much you give as long as you can afford it.You dont have to give 10 bags of rice just because your neighbour's daughter was given that same amount when she got married,when you know you can only afford 2 bags.Hausawa na cewa in baki da gashin wance kar kiyi kisan wance,you will only end up being the foolish one at the end so why bother?Perhaps it would have been much easier if the parents from both sides contribute to the gara tunda aikin lada ne in anyi fisabillillah.Ai ba wanda bai san lada.
         And if one does not like gara for a particular reason,ill suggest that that person should not accept it when getting married.that way,one does not have to worry about doing the same to his or her girls when giving them out for marriage.
        If i had my way,i'll make sure hooting (horning)is banned on our roads.Same goes to that unnecessary siren just because some dignitaries are passing by.The noise makes me want to scream!!!
Born To Bee Great