News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 10, 2008, 02:10:07 PM
muhsin, how do the hausas communicate with their
neighbours from the south?

I mean since its made official, that means even Mr. President would be adressing the whole country using the language. And then, how these non-hausas could recieve the message.

But to your question, using other language the understand, i.e pidgin or pure English. Am I right?

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on March 12, 2008, 11:05:46 AM
IIHMW, I would grant all K-Liners' wishes.

Best ever!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 10, 2008, 06:45:10 PM
Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 10, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Lol...ni de ban ce ba..no bi my mouth talk am O!

Eh but na true talk I dey talk oooo. Any one wey no dey  find demsef in dat situation  no go take issue with me as e no cocine namm ko ba haka ba?

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 10, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Well i have always thought about this, i have always regreted how come a state like Kano came to be building without any fundamental plan, but then i realised... the government. Anyway if i will have my way i will do just the same amma mine will be to start over again and make a decent geographical plan and good landscape for the commercial state like kano.
Kai Muda ba haka bane fa!! Kano state's has had a master plan since the time of Marigayi Audu Bako, Allah Ya Gafarta masa. It was called the Trevallion Plan  ( i think). No other govt has made a new one, but most of the ones da suke kishin Kano tried to implement some aspects of it during their regimes. I think the most notable amongst the governors after the most revered Audu Bako, must be Abubakar Rimi. I thnk it was under his incumbency that sabon titi was constructed which ran from Aminu Kano road through Gwale and joined the central mosque to that once outer part of Kano state. We used to think that it was a brilliant thing to have done, until we were informed in class that it was all in the Trevallion Plan and its execution was forestalled because Audu Bako was replaced by the useless colonel sani bello or was it shekari? Audu Bako was the most visionary governor Kano has ever had, and whatever good you see in Kano was because of him.
The problem with the later governors (Rimi excluded) was that they were selfish and only out to make trade land in Kano. The blue print for Kasuwar Sabon gari was actually much better than what was eventually built. When it was built, there was at least a huge carpark that can park about 1000 cars or more. But what happened later? even the carpark was apportioned into corner shops and sold or rented out. Now there is no where for anyone to park except outside and therefore the two lane road has become so congested since most of it has been taken over as parking space.  When New site was going to be built, gidajen nan na kabuga housing estate were non existent and all that area was farmland. The ideal thing would have been for the authorities to annex the surrounding lands and just extend BUK so that no one had to travel 5 km to the new site. But to my own belief, the thought of all that compensation money to be paid out to displaced farmers was too tempting to pass up. What I am saying here is that most of what should have been paid to farmers for being displaced from their lands ended up somewhere else. Maybe if the land next to the old site had been acquired by BUK then, no compensation would have been paid.. I dont know. This is just conjectyure on my part, cos I have always wondered at the logic behind locating the new campus so far away from the old one when there was no need to at the time. What is more is that if BUK had done that, then they would have been sitting on some very prime real estate now.
By far the worst time that kano had was under the regimes of Ibrahim Gaya and Kwankwaso. Ibrahim Gaya introduced Acaba on a massive scale to Kano state and hence immeasurably contributed to the horrendous level of pollution being experienced now. Kwankwaso shi kuma carved out all the GRA lands and parceled them into smaller pieces which were sold to his cohorts. The problem with this was that all those wonderful residential areas that were low density became relatively midddle level density residential areas. Thirdly, the trees that were growing in many of the carved out lands had to be cut to make way for massive ugly private residences thus lessening the aesthetic effects that they'd always given to the GRA.  He also gave vent to the  mass hysteria of corner shops. Kuma one of the cardinal sins committed to architecture in Kano state, though not the fault of Kwankwaso or Gaya, was that those very classically beautiful colonial houses that used to be everywhere on Lodge Road were torn down and replaced by nonedescript poor quality houses. I just pray to God that there are some of them left, kuma Allah Ya bani kudin sayen daya daga cikin su. Those houses were really built to last.

Well said Husnaa, it feels good to know that there was actually a kind of plan for the construction of kano state. But then building major roads is not always the issue, its been done har yanzu i suppose, and before it was mostly done inthe GRA and some few other places. What i reeally want to do, if i had my way...lol, was to make a standard housing plan arragement for the whole of kano state, i think we only have that in the GRA, Kundila Housing Estate, and Gandu Albasa and Kabuga Housing Estate.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

symod

if i had my way, water will be running out of every tap in kano. life would be easy ;)
dnt u think?

gogannaka

Quote from: symod on March 19, 2008, 02:21:08 PM
if i had my way, water will be running out of every tap in kano. life would be easy ;)
dnt u think?

That would be good.
In kano now, they flash us water and light just like the gsm users flash.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on March 20, 2008, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: symod on March 19, 2008, 02:21:08 PM
dnt u think?

That would be good.
In kano now, they flash us water and light just like the gsm users flash.

LOL Goga. ;D ;D Ba garama su ba since you know or rather believe hardly a day would pass without some body flash your number. But ruwa da wuta a Kano...sai a hankali. And more demoralizing; I heard on radio that scarcity of water particularly is now a case in many northern states. To, Allah ya kawo dauki, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Amin Muhsin.

If i had my way i'll make Nigeria the next super power.

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Muhsin on March 20, 2008, 01:19:06 PM
Ba garama su ba since you know or rather believe hardly a day would pass without some body flash your number. But ruwa da wuta a Kano...sai a hankali. And more demoralizing; I heard on radio that scarcity of water particularly is now a case in many northern states. To, Allah ya kawo dauki, amin.

In my house in Naibawa maikalwa Quaters, Zaria Road, there is water in the taps, there could be water for straight one or two weeks running, then it could go for two days or three then start running again, and i mean clean water, i dont know about other places but i think Shekarau's regime has tried extensively in that aspect. Kudos to mallam.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

Gaskiyar ka muda. I was at Maikalwa yesterday and was happy to see water flowing in the house I visited.

IIHMW, I will amend the title of this thread to read "If I Have My Way".

gogannaka

Ruwan da ya dake ka shi ne ruwa.
Ana biki a gidan su kare,ya ce 'mu ani a kasa'

Ina jin Na'ibawa,court road da gwauron dutse ne kawai ke da ruwa a Kano.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 25, 2008, 03:32:57 PM
Ina jin Na'ibawa,court road da gwauron dutse ne kawai ke da ruwa a Kano.

Nope. There are many other places. But fact is inda babu ruwan yafi yawa sosai kwarai.

IIHMW, I will relocate Goga to where ruwan famfo flows in Kano.

gogannaka

LOL @ BKGZ.
I'd be honoured.I learnt that in Na'ibawa water goes up to the second floor of buildings and you could take a shower.

Hmm lemme see.......where would you take me  ::) ::) ::)
I love that area around Sardauna Crescent or Bompai.
I dey wait.

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 25, 2008, 01:30:34 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on March 20, 2008, 01:19:06 PM
Ba garama su ba since you know or rather believe hardly a day would pass without some body flash your number. But ruwa da wuta a Kano...sai a hankali. And more demoralizing; I heard on radio that scarcity of water particularly is now a case in many northern states. To, Allah ya kawo dauki, amin.

In my house in Naibawa maikalwa Quaters, Zaria Road, there is water in the taps, there could be water for straight one or two weeks running, then it could go for two days or three then start running again, and i mean clean water, i dont know about other places but i think Shekarau's regime has tried extensively in that aspect. Kudos to mallam.
Its not surprising Muda, u are nearer the source of the water than ppl living within the city of Kano itself. Kunfi kusa da Challawa a Kumbotso LG. and I believe wajennan naku kwari ne, kamar yadda tukuntawa take so, its easier for hydraulic flow of water
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

*~MuDa~*

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on March 25, 2008, 03:12:59 PM
Gaskiyar ka muda. I was at Maikalwa yesterday and was happy to see water flowing in the house I visited.

Kuma baka neme ni ba? I was at home! >:(

IIHMW, I will amend the title of this thread to read "If I Have My Way".

Very funny. Gaskiyya kam.
www.articlesdir.co.cc

bakangizo

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on March 26, 2008, 03:49:41 PM
Kuma baka neme ni ba? I was at home! >:(

Da na san inda kake ai da na neme ka. Kila ma ta kofar gidanku na wuce  ;D

gogannaka

Toh Muda sai kayi kwatancen gidan ka yadda duk wanda ya zo wucewa ta hanyar zaria zai tsaya ku gaisa.