News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

If I had My Way...

Started by *~MuDa~*, January 12, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

BKG, kai dai bari kurum, di tin dey daily on my mind, that is how we can push this our nigeria forward.. Kullum abin sai bakin chiki yake bani inna tuno da wasted opportunities and what we could have achieved.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

if i had my way, i will allow the niger deltans to have
their way, give them 100% of what they want, give
them sovereignty peacefully, tell the northerners to
go back to farm and restore their lost glories.  allow
50 years to come and watch the result.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Nice manifesto Husnaa.
I suggest you start making moves staright away.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Lol cant. I'm not even in the country at the moment.

bakangizo

Dave_McEwan_Hill

This is a great topic.
There is so much Nigeria can be and can do.
You  need honest government right down to local level before it can happen
I could write all night. You see I live in a very small country that is presently not realising its huge potential because it is subsumed into the United Kingdom but all my life I have imagined what we could do in an independent Scotland (we used to be independent) and we are getting there now. It is because we can dream what we can do that keeps us going on and reaching for a better future. Nigeria needs its dreamers who can imagine the great things that Nigeria can do and be prepared to work politically for it.
But honest government is the first requirement.
When I was an inspector in the Educational Resource Centre (KERC) near the zoo the physics depatment were making solar panels that could boil water out of glass panels and car radiators and all kind of other experiments were going on. They were producing small windmills powered by heat convection out of concrete pits even on calm days. The biggest solar panel in the world was near Zinder when I was in Nigeria.  Nigeria could easily supply all its lighting needs from storing solar power.Your two major rivers could have several dams on them for hydro power. Bio diesel can be produced from corn and groundnuts. 
The nuclear power solution is ultimately non-viable as the world is running out of uranium.
Irrigation and the storage of seasonal rains would revolutionise the north. If this was done seriously it would probably change the weather patters and lengthen the rainy season. It is over half a century since Bagauda and Tiga dams were planned. Has anything else along these lines been done with the vast sums of money available to Nigeria over this time or has it all been stolen. The oil money will eventually come to an end and what will Nigeria do then if it hasn't been used to restructure the Nigerian economy, revitilise agriculture and build a modern infrastructure with modern provision of services.
maigemu

gogannaka

Interesting.
Dave the KERC is nothing but a sham today. I doubt if the present occupiers knew such good programs ever existed.

Husnaa i second Dave as your running mate.

BKGZ she isn't a runaway citizen,the word is Nigerian in diaspora

IIHMW i would fulfill all your aspirations.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

*~MuDa~*

I agree with most of what Dave said but one, i dont really like the idea of biofuels, i know its pollution reducing but then it is one of the major reason that could enlongate the food scarcitiy the world is already experiencing.
...He begot not, nor is He begotten!
www.articlesdir.co.cc

HUSNAA

Quote from: *~MuDa~* on August 04, 2008, 02:08:35 PM
I agree with most of what Dave said but one, i dont really like the idea of biofuels, i know its pollution reducing but then it is one of the major reason that could enlongate the food scarcitiy the world is already experiencing.

Havent you heard about a tree species that is being touted as the resource for biofuels? I cant remember its name, but apparently it has some great advantages, namely its not food so it doesnt contribute to the food crisis. It  grows in inhospitable environment, doesnt require much water and I think is quick growing. All in all a bio wonder where fuel is concerned.