Nigerians Can Now Write UME in S’Africa

Started by Muhsin, March 17, 2008, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

THIS DAY online edition
Nigerians Can Now Write UME in S'Africa

Qualified Nigerians and foreign nationals can now sit for Nigeria's Joint Admission and Matricula-tion Board (JAMB) examination in South Africa, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
Dr Yusuf Lawal, a Deputy Director in the JAMB Registrar's office disclosed this in an interview with NAN in Johannesburg. Lawal said the Ministry of Education had also endorsed the conduct of the UME in South Africa.
He said the examination was for Nigerians and other foreign nationals who seek admission into Nigerian universities and  explained that the forms were already on sale and could bepurchased either from the Nigerian High Commission in Pretoria, or at the Consulate in Johannesburg.
Lawal  said  any candidate with the requisitequalification could register for the forthcoming examination on May 7, adding that  JAMB was collaborating with the South African Department of Education, to provide logistics for the examination.
"There is an existing understanding between JAMB and the South African Department of Education on this. They will only provide the logistics in terms of the schools and invigilators to be used during examinations," he said.Lawal led the Nigerian delegation to the sixth African Commonwealth  Examination and AccreditationBodies (ACEAB) meeting in Pretoria,South Africa.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

its time the federal government of nigeria breaks the
long time monopoly of jamb in this country.  each year
despite their online services, prospective students
still complains of unfair marking and enough room
were not created for rectifying such problems because
of the volume of students writing the exam.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

I agree with you partly, DB. But I can see how JAMB should be charge or rather challenge for unfai marking of exams because as I hear and believe they mark exams using computer for its just objective; in ka ci ka ci and  period!

Yau dinnan one of my friend was telling me that he spent about N10,000 to buy his Jamb because it has finished everywhere and hence he had o go to Zaria where he heard its still sold @ banks. Even there he had to almost fight before he got it. And today in Kano, if you wanna buy it, saboda many number of those hunkering after to do it, you will spend money getting to N20,000. Kaji fa! Abar N3000. Allah ya kiyaye, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.