News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

WHILE I WAS AWAY

Started by Dan-Borno, July 14, 2008, 11:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

This thread is intended to be used by all forum members who
have been away OFFLINE over a period of time to share their
experiences while they were absent.  In this regard, I don't mind
starting with myself, since i have been away in this forum for
over a week.

While I was away!

A Journey to creativity

Everyone knows how important creativity is to ones' profession,
without generating new ideas and creating new spheres and also
exploring new avenues, one will always be conservative in all his
dealings - and in no time, you will be out of business.

It is based on the above, i decided to register for a certificate course
on web designing, maintenance and hosting, a field i knew nothing
about but decided to explore and see if there is any potentials for me.

The journey started from Maiduguri, my home town and the destination
is Lagos.  I boarded the long-bus (night bus) i dont want to call it the
luxurious bus, because its no longer luxury traveling in those buses.

Its a 20 hours journey including the three stop overs at Potiskum, Kano
and Abuja while the remaining night hours you either spend them sleeping
or you stay awake because you can never tell when the big boys are
going to put a road-block.

I occupied seat No. 13 which is by the window, i really enjoyed the scene
especially the villages in the north (from maiduguri through kaduna) each
time i passed by a village, the life style is the same, some malams sitting
under the a huge tree either selling balangu or rake (sugar cane) and
in most cases two or three bonsuye (ford) parked for picking passengers
to connect other villages.  My neighbour, Thomas by name is Michika LGA
in Adamawa State.  I asked him if he is on a business trip to Lagos and he
answered in the affirmitive telling me that he is an Okada man.  I didnt
understand at first, I asked again, you mean you are traveling to Lagos
to do Okada job? he said yes.  I asked how much is his day off in a normal
working day and he said N5,000.00 and sometimes N4,500.00 wow, anya
ni ma bazan koma yin achaba a ikko ba?

The motor cycle is sold at N85,000.00, lets assume you keep N4,000.00
on the average everyday N4,000.00 x 30 days N120,000.00 thats a huge
money - but the risks is higher sometimes, because you spend the night
at an unspecified locations.

Our journey ended in the following morning at Lagos, and the bus conductor
announced our arrival at Lagos with the following caution:

We don come Lagos o, Shine your eyes well well o, we will not stop at any
where except Berger junction and. ........ (he mentioned two other bus stops)
and then last at their office bus stop.  Na ce to fa, ga Dan-Borno a Lagos.
This is my fourth time of coming to Lagos, two are on personal/business trip
while the other two are Seminars and workshops. 

A friend was waiting for me at the final bus stop, we drove down to Victoria
Island where I lodged.  Took a beautiful shower and before you know it, i went
dead asleep only to wake up around 4am.

As Lagos is a busy place, I woke up early and prepare to the venue of my
programe which is the Pan-African University (former Lagos Business School)
opposite the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus. 

that was how i spent the whole week in Lagos, don't even have the time to
check my mail, because its an intensive course which requires more attention.

Finally, I am back and wish to inform everyone that i am seriously
practicing my lessons, I am now working on my project (designing a website)
to be submitted at the end of August which I am expected to graduate from
the school.

sai a taya mu da addu'a.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Interesting piece.
Good luck with the project. Make sure you design a robust website.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Good on you DB. I seem to have come across yr web page though. You do have a website ko?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 14, 2008, 11:15:23 AM
A friend was waiting for me at the final bus stop, we drove down to Victoria
Island where I lodged. 

Inna lillahi wa inna Ilaihi rajiuna, lallai kuwa hausawa
suka ce duniya budurwar wawa.  I was busy writing this story
and unknown to me the friend i mentioned above who picked me
at the bus stop had an accident which claimed his life and two of
his beautiful kids at Keffi on his way to Maiduguri.

My last conversation with him was on Saturday late night when I
called him telling him that I am home, sweet home.  He informed
me that Insha Allah he will also be bringing his family to maiduguri

Kai duniya, may Allah in His infinite Mercies grant him peace and
forgive him his sins and make Aljannatul firdausi his abode and his
wife and other extended family (his friends inclusive) the fortitude
to bear this irreparable loss - Amin summa Amin
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Allahu Akbar Kabeeran! Allah Sarki! Allah Ya jikansu da Rahmarsa Ameen. Allah Ya Kyauta namu karshe. This is very sad news DB. Allah Ya Kara maka hakurin jure rashinsa.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Subhanallah.
Allah kenan.
Mai yadda ya so.
This is a terrible loss indeed. Wallahi ji nayi kamar na san shi.So so sad.An entire family.

Allah ya jikan su.Kai kuma DB allah ya kara maka hakurin jure rashin.

IBB

Innalillahi Wa inna illaihir rajiun. This is very sad Allah yaji kansu yai masu rahama Ameen. Allah kara hakuri DB
IHS

bakangizo

Allahu Akbar! Allah Ya jikansu amin. I always say that road accidents is our version of natural disasters in this country. We may not have earthquakes, floods and dthe likes, but if you tally up the annual casualties from accidents, the number is way up more than disasters we read/hear about in other countries.

DB, interesting thread, however, I feel too lazy drawing up a narration of what or where I've been lately. In anycase, it is nothing exciting. I would end up boring you, cos it's nothing but work, work, and work. ;D

alkanawi

Allah ya jikansa ya gafarta masa, amin.
"corgito ergo sum"

IBB

I will be travelling out of the country tomorrow (Fri) inshallah. Wish me a safe journey to'n'fro pls thanx. I will post an edited report of my encounter when I return.

Did I hear you asked, Why edited? Nahhhhh u cant get the unedited report.

I know what you are thinking. I'm not going to Brazil's canival nor Amsterdam lol

IHS

gogannaka

Bilyaminu

Its sad hearing of what happened during a short while, but as we all know... no clock is still. May he is gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

My while I was away... is not really while I was away. But everything is happening so fast that I am beginning to loose track, thinking everything happened during the weekends. Pls members... forgive me for sharing this with you. But like the famous hausa saying 'matanbayi baya bata' how right is everything I ask?

A friend of mine asked me to accompany him to Kaduna. He had finally made a choice and decided to settle down. I envy his decision and wish him well... but it was something I could do too. We got there on time, not really tired... we even had a chat with her friends. A relationship well built with true love on the surface crashed when I told him to make his move by proposing but he continued chatting with her friend. I notice the drama that was about to happen but simply could not believe. I then had a flash back of something he once told me. 'Mr B. I'm beginning to loose focus on my gal... simple request she refuses to honor, something a normal friend could asked. I know about the issues that girls don't like being tailored, am her man, her guy... and it's a man's world. We can't have two pilots on a plane... once most be the captain. Like you know, I love decency. She of recent added one more ear hole in addition to the two she already has. Again, I told her to stop using hair attachment... which she claimed to stop but frequently use. I am tired... what do you think? Because I stopped answering her calls of recent... look at the text massages she sent 'u dnt want 2 tlk wt me do u? wat is wrng? Wat eve is there atleast u ans my calls. Allah baka hakuri' I did not even bother to load my phone not to mistakenly dream of putting my phone under my pillow and lay on. You know it can send a blank msg. Sometimes when we have issues... I tell her she is my best friend also my lover, not that you're not, but u're second best Mr. B. I swore not to grace any of her calls but she kept persisting...there was this text msg she sent when I was about going into the mosque for my magrib prayer... I wanted to read it after praying but I could not hold not knowing what she had to say. My friend, during my prayer I was just smiling throughout and happy because of the content. She wrote 'I need to talk to my friend, I think I got issues with my guy' I replied 'hey how u doing and all. Wat is it with ur guy? Don't tell me he is blowing it again, this your guy self, na wo' she wrote 'I don't know what is going wrong but he is not ans my calls' I replied 'was there anything he requested of you? She replied 'he told me to stop using attachment and the third and second ear hole and these are two things I love about myself. I would not do anything against his will, do u think he will allow me do this.' I replied 'I don't really know him to well, so cant conclude 4 him, but I know u, u're cool and lovely, time will heal all things. Sometimes we have to let go of what we want to hold on to wat we need, sincerely gal... if he is not worth it... forget him and do ur stuff, it's a big world' she replied 'he is worth more than that, I just want him to know that I love him' well I did not write further and she did not too'
Now I guess I know why these were all happening. During his chat with the friend, he asked her to remove the second ear ring she was using, wic she instantly did and promised not to use it again, members K-online as I'm writing this... he has a child named Ameer with the friend. It was just like yesterday, with his permission I write this asking how wrong was he?

n.b IBB safe trip
etrayal

gogannaka

Interesting story Mr B.
But i'm a bit confused. Were you the one she was texting? If yes,then why did you feel happy when you saw her text?
And did your friend just met her friend on the day he was supposed to have proposed?
Did he ask her to stop wearing the attachment and multiple earrings?

Your answers will help in making judgements.
Drama din fa kenan.

Bilyaminu

No, I was not. All that happened and text and what have u was about him and her. But if u will carefully get it, I had a flash back of the event which I narrated. It was when I noticed the plane crashing, I had that flash back.

Yes... he met her friend which eventually ended up his wife that very day he was going to propose to her.

He did on several occasion asked her to stop using multiple ear rings and hair attachment which she denied. But her friend wich he got married to honored his request one first day, which I hope it forever.
etrayal

Dan-Borno

While I was away ??? ???   ??? abin dogon labari ne
mubarshi zuwa monday ko tuesday.