News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Kanoonline--way forward?

Started by gogannaka, October 12, 2008, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibo

Members! I tin we forgot something in organising a lecture. It seems we ae organising a Conference. A Public LECTURE ha only one or two presenters centring on one topic, whic will generate discussion. But WHEN YOU ASK inerested people to send in abstract, you will hae to have main theme and sub theme. You can see from the topics chosen by some members there is need for synthesizing them. Do we have Public Lecture on an interesting topic , where w invite a exper or two to present papers, while members attend, listen and discuss or rather a Conference with a central theme and sub-theme Please, for  well co-ordinated occassion let us do this! ;)
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on October 18, 2008, 10:02:52 PM
Welcome back Engineer.
When is the nikah?

Husnaa that is a good topic he gave you. You could also add the effect of bad leadership on Norhtern Nigeria(or kano) or something like that.

Not interested in it. You are button holing me. (ETML thanks for the suggestion though)
Kai I think Jibo's suggestion of a public lecture is a good idea. At any rate, I'm not attending as I wont be around.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on October 18, 2008, 07:14:56 PM
Can someone suggest a topic for me to write about, and dont make it too difficult or too gender biased.
Quote from: HUSNAA on October 19, 2008, 08:16:02 AM

Not interested in it. You are button holing me. (ETML thanks for the suggestion though)
Kai I think Jibo's suggestion of a public lecture is a good idea. At any rate, I'm not attending as I wont be around.

Ban gane ba, Aunty Husnaa? Didn't you contradict yourself? ???

BTW, welcome back, Engineer.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Where is the contradiction? Where did I state that I was going to attend har da my asserting that I wont attend becomes a cotradiction? Ko does the fact that I showed interest in presenting a paper automatically qualifies my attendance?  ???
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Quote from: EMTL on October 18, 2008, 08:15:55 PM
few Nairas Insha Allah.

Check your INBOX, just sent my account number,
lets see how much you can send, if its ok, we dont
need anything again, else, we just have to turn
towards another member.

Quote from: EMTL on October 18, 2008, 08:15:55 PM
As for me I would like to discuss 'Health and safety from Islamic perspective'.

Objection Engineer, I suggest this topic for you.

1.  The Role of Traditional Rulers in the Governance of Nigeria
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Dan-Borno

Quote from: Muhsin on October 19, 2008, 02:05:53 PM
Ban gane ba, Aunty Husnaa? Didn't you contradict yourself? ???

Kai Muhsin agwai gulma, oya here is your topic:

1.  Federal Government of Nigeria Vs ASUU (The Way Forward)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

Quote from: Dan-Borno on October 19, 2008, 10:25:24 PM

Objection Engineer, I suggest this topic for you.

1.  The Role of Traditional Rulers in the Governance of Nigeria

Nope that topic is supposed to be jointly presented by you (DB) and bakangizo.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Jibo

Well, members and the inaitor seems to be drailing away from my advice. It is good we make things clear. if it is Coference for all to present pares there should be a central theme and sub themes for guidance and strealining the topics and I suggest it should be Public Lecture, where one or two scholars are invited to make presentation on an issue, like the Moral Issues discussed about NEW develoment in Hausa entertainment! Please, let us think about it. 8) ::) ::) ::)
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Muhsin

To ni dan Ibrahim. Idan na taka ruwa sai a ce na tada kura a forum dinnan! May Allah ease me the 'task' enduring these lesser accusations, amin.  :)

DB, kai idan aka ce akwai su Muhsin a mong the paper presenters zaka zo? Da wane yaren za a yi rubutun? If you can decipher codes, like Prof. Langdon of Dan Brown's Da Vinvi-Code novel to.  ;D ;D ;D

Ni kawai ka ce min...shine magana. Tell me of the venue, the kind of drinks, ragos, etc we are gonna get. That matters much than... ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Jibo

What is happening is the Conference or Public Lecture taking place?Two days nothing has come!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Jibo on October 23, 2008, 10:12:07 AM
What is happening is the Conference or Public Lecture taking place?Two days nothing has come!

Well, since you have suggested a public lecture, I think you should go ahead and propose who and who you think can come and present that day. We do not want suggestions that are superficial in nature.Please try and be thorough in your approach. We have been nursing these ideas for over three years yet nothing has been done. We actually want to transform Kanoonline into a physical forum rather than hiding and/or camouflaging under the screen name. We want to eventaully transform it into an NGO where we will be creating political, economic and social awareness to our people, especially at grassroot. So let us ponder over all these my dear Kanoonliners. And I thank you.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

bakangizo

I buy the idea of a public lecture. However who will be the speaker? Who and who do we have in mind to invite? How sure are we of their attendance? I believe these are the critical questions we should focus on. I have hope that EMTL, DB and Jibo can effectively handle the organization.

Muhsin

Goodluck, Nuraddeen.
I can remember we once talked about that with Prof. Abdallah. He further told me that you and Waziri (I think) were the first to brought-up the issue to stake. But I wonder where on Allah's earth is Waziri now. He in harness with you and other able members, I reckon, can think of more ways to achieving that great goal.

Allah ya taimaka, amin.
Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on October 24, 2008, 10:55:40 AM
I buy the idea of a public lecture. However who will be the speaker? Who and who do we have in mind to invite? How sure are we of their attendance? I believe these are the critical questions we should focus on. I have hope that EMTL, DB and Jibo can effectively handle the organization.
BKGZ,
You have choosen right people, amma you should also include yourself. Think that could have been better.

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on October 24, 2008, 11:22:36 AM
BKGZ,
You have choosen right people, amma you should also include yourself. Think that could have been better.

Well, no, thanks. ;D I don't think I can manage it. Time will be my biggest problem.

gogannaka

The next step is for the organisers to schedule a meeting (could be an online conference meeting) to discuss the way foreward. Let's PM our email addresses to each other and set a date.
I second the public lecture proposal but like Nura and BKGZ said, who do we have in mind that will no doubt attend. Late Dr. Suleiman Kumo discussed about the soveriegn national conference during the last meeting and it was OK. So who will present at this one and what topics would you recommend?
I think from the topics we can at least propose a presenter.

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment