News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

DAJJAL - (ANTI-CHRIST)

Started by Dan-Borno, March 03, 2009, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

this picture was forwarded to me by a friend, circulating the
news that the prophesized dajjal has finally been born, but
as far as i am concern i have doubt in this message.

the intention of this thread is to allow our dear brothers and
sisters to islamically refresh us on the coming of dajjal, signs
and remedies when the time comes.

any other information regarding the issue of dajjal will be highly
acknowledged pls.

DB
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
InnalilLahi Wa innaIlaihi rajiun...... Allah (SWT) Ya kare mu daga shafar Dajjal.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Lawwali

Assalam,

As far as Islamic prophesies are concerned on Dajjal, we are told that he will appear not born. And Dajjal some opinned that may be of any form
not necessarily a human being:
Some says it can be a phenomenum which contravenes the laws of ALLAH and people troops unto it and then expecting a human being to come and say he is Dajjal. Others say He is a creature like human being but with some deformities, this is the popular opinion.

Oh ALLAH, we seek your refuge from the soothing tones of Dajjal.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Muhsin

Frightened pic, DB.

I know other members are gonna say more regarding your question.

Quote from: EMTL on March 04, 2009, 07:41:09 AM
Assalamu alaikum,
InnalilLahi Wa innaIlaihi rajiun...... Allah (SWT) Ya kare mu daga shafar Dajjal.
Quote from: Lawwali on March 04, 2009, 05:25:42 PM
Oh ALLAH, we seek your refuge from the soothing tones of Dajjal.

Ameen!
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

DB please remove that photo of the unfortunate child. He/she is no Dajjal. Dajjal doesnt have one eye on his forehead like a cyclops; he has two eyes. He is just blind in one of them.
Dajjal is a human being of Jewish descent. He is called the anti christ because the Jews believed he was the messiah rather than Jesus christ, and that is why he is referred to as the anti christ as opposed to christ. In Islam he is called the deceiver which is what dajjal means. Its from the word dajjalah which in Arabic means deceit or to deceive ( dont remember which). The Prophet SAW has said that there has never been created a fitnah greater than the Dajjal. Every prophet who was sent to an ummah in this world warned his ppl about the Dajjal.
When the Dajjal comes into this world, he will stay in it for 40 days only. The first day will be as long as a year; the second day will be as long as a month and the rest of the days will be normal days. The companions of the prophet asked him what they will do about prayer during the days that are equivalent to one yr and one month respectively, and he told them that they'd just have to estimate the times and pray.
The dajjal is so irresistible that the Prophet has warned his ummah that anyone who hears about the dajjal, should immediately take flight towards Madinatul munawwarah, for safety. Nothing is immune to the Dajjal; No matter one's level of iman. In fact even the Mahdi, who would be the leader of the ummah at the time will not be able to confront the Dajjal.
There is one Sahabi of the Prophet SAW called Hadraat Tamimi Dharee RA. He was the only human to have seen the Dajjal during the lifetime of the prophet and it was as a result of his encounter with Dajjal that he embraced Islam at the hands of the prophet, SAW. He was a christian at that time.
Hadraat Tamimi Dharee was among 30 ppl who went on a sea voyage. A storm overtook their ship and blew them offcourse and they ended up on a remote island. They got off the ship and explored the island. There they came across a hairy creature the like of which they'd never seen. They couldnt tell its front or back. They shipwrecked ppl asked the creature what it was and it said it was called Jassasah. It said that it was the spy of Dajjal. It told them to enter a temple or building standing there, as there was a man waiting for them.  hadraat Tamimi said that when they heard the creature tell them to enter, they feared that it was a Jinn inside waiting for them. They were afraid, but had no choice but to do as the creature said.
When they entered the building, they saw a very strong and well built man. They'd never seen anything like him. He was heavily chained. His hands were tied to his neck and his left leg from knee to ankle was tied up with strong iron chains. Hadraat Tamimi and his companions asked the prisoner who he was. To this  the chained person replied that they (Hadraat Tamimi and co.) must at least have some knowledge of who he (the prisoner) was and that rather, they should tell him who they were. Hadraat Tamimi and his companions replied that they were ppl from Arabia and hadraat Tamimi gave him a full account of who they were and how they got to the island.
When Hadraat Tamimi finished the man asked him a peculiar question
" tell me are there still dates on the trees of Bisaat (a city in Syria)?"
Hadraat Tamimi answered yes, there were still dates on the trees in Bisaat.
The man said " a time will come when there will be no dates"
Then he asked Hadraat Tamimi a second question: "is there still water in the river of tabariyyah? Hadraat Tamimim replied that yes there was a lot of water in the river of Tabariyyah (in Iraq). The man then said, "a time will come when there will be no water in ther river of Tabariyyah".
Then he asked them: Is water  from the springs of Zumar (in Syria) still used by the farmers?"
Hadraat Tamimim replied yes; there is still water in Zumar and the farmers still use that water.
The man then asked them " Tell me of the unlettered Prophet; has he come to Makka Mukarramah? Has he been born? If he has been born, has he migrated to Yathrib?"
Hadraat Tamimi R.A. anwsered him by saying yes he(the prophet SAW) has migrated to Madinatul Munawwarah'
Then he asked: "Have the Arabs opposed him, fought with him?"
Hadraat Tamimi R.A. answered yes they have fought with him.
Then he asked: " What is the condition now?" Hadraat Tamimi R.A. said that the Arabs are gradually accepting him  and are following him.
Then the chained man said to Hadraat Tamimi and his companions: It is better for them (the Arabs) to follow Hadraat nabiyy SAW". It was then that he told them who he was:
"Ana al Masihud dajjal , wa inni yuu shiku an yu'zhalani minal khuruuju, fakhruj. Fa asiru fil ardh, falaa ada oo qaryatan illa habbatu ha, fi arbaina lailatan ghaira makkata wa taiyyiba. Muharramatani allayya. Kullamaa aradtu wa adkhulaa wahidan min huma".
I am masihud dajjal and I am waiting for permission to be given to me to leave this island and I will travel everywhere. I will not leave a single city behind but that I will enter it in forty nights, except for Makkah and Tayyiba (Madinah). They have been forbidden for me (to enter). Everytime I try to enter, there will be two angels there with a sword pointing at me. I will have no power to enter Makkatul Mukarramah or Madinatul Munawwarah".
When Hadraat Tamimi R.A. came back from his journey, he sought out the Prophet SAW and narrated these happenings to him and accepted Islam.
We should read Surah kahfi, for protection against the dajjal. The Dajjal is a fitnah not only to the living, but also to the dead. So we cannot breath a sigh of relief in the belief that he will not appear in our lifetime since the Mahdi hasnt arrived yet. He will be a trial even to ppl in their graves. That is why we cannot afford to be lax in reciting suratul Kahf.
No one can kill the Dajjal except Isa A.S, who will appear in the time of the Mahdi and at the height of the Dajjal's reign of terror. Imam Mahdi will take refuge with his muslim force in Syria and  Dajjal will pursue them there and lay a siege on them with his army. While in they are taking refuge in a mosque, Hadraat Isa A.S. will descend from heaven and pray in the mosque with Imam Mahdi, who will lead the prayers. After the prayers, Hadraat Isa. A.S will request the doors of  the mosque to be opened. The Dajjal will be there outside but he will not know about the descent of Isa A.S. So when the door of the mosque is opened, the dajjal will see Hadraat Isa. A.S for the first time and he will flee immediately. Hadraat Isa A.S. will pursue the Dajjal and kill him at makamah Lud (present day Lida in Tele Aviv Israel. makamah Lud is possibly the airport in Lida). The reason why only Isa A.S. can kill the Dajjal is to show the Jews that the Dajjal is the false Messiah and Jesus whom they rejected is the true Messiah.
There is only one man from Madinah who is purported to have the iman to withstand the Dajjal. He will denounce the Dajjal as a liar and the Dajjal will kill him by splitting him into two halves. Then he will ressurect the man (by the Grace of Allah of course) just to show his followers that he can "do" and "Undo" (by the time, he would have declared himself as a god). The dead man will denounce him a second time and more vehemently because he is already dead and has seen the true reality. So the dajjal will try to kill him a second time, but he is  dead anyway and cant die a second time.
Dajjal's physique: He is powerfully built, short stocky and bowlegged. He has a mop of red hair and two eyes. One eye is bulbous and blind. He will travel as fast or even faster than the wind and that is how he will be able to be everywhere.
One last thing. We've all heard of the one eye and the dajjalic system. Well there is a more insiduous dajjalic system that we may not be aware of. I can bet my life that if Dajjal were to appear tomorrow, at least 90% of the western world will welcome him with open arms and even a lot of our modern muslim youth whom one person termed the "coca cola" muslims. This reception will be all thanks to the hard work of HOLLYWOOD!!! Yes Hollywood! which has brain washed us into believing in superman, Xmen superheroes (anyone watched the series "heroes")?. Their super human strengths is the sort of thing that Dajjal will exhibit when he comes. Their indestructibility, their ability to do the impossible, ressurect the dead, summon the wind, the storm, cause things to happen. These are exactly what Dajjal will be doing and much more. So if he comes tomorrow, he will only be a manifestation of what ppl have been brainwashed by Hollywood movies to accept as "the good saviors of humanity" and therefore he will have no resistance offered him in many quarters. Just think of the adulation that ppl give to celebrities with no powers other than screen presence. So how much more adulation and awe would they give to something which  seemingly does what can only be seen on the screens?
Allah Ya Kiyaye mu Ameen.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

PS, if u were intrigued by what u have just read, please visit the website www.edars.com and listen some more on signs of Qiyamah and many many many more lectures on the sirah of Nabiyy and his companions and other lectures on Islam in general. Highly recommended.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 04, 2009, 09:10:54 PM
PS, if u were intrigued by what u have just read, please visit the website www.edars.com and listen some more on signs of Qiyamah and many many many more lectures on the sirah of Nabiyy and his companions and other lectures on Islam in general. Highly recommended.

I was, Husnaa, exatly! God bless.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Lawwali

Good Aunty, a very excellent narration. We should search ourselves of Dajjalic believes and Actions.
Very Good Aunty.

Bajoga

Quote from: HUSNAA on March 04, 2009, 09:10:54 PM

Kaiii Aunty, ubangiji dai ya saka da alkhairi, wi was visited the website wallahi very interesting. Kuma we have now another wurin karin ilmi (Especially mu da bamu san da wurin ba).

Haka ake son manya a wuri dama.
HASBUNALLAHI............

Lawwali

Ehee! Husnaa, a friend read your post when he visited my office while am online, he wants to know if there is any site he can access the readable version of this dajjal issue. Any member with any information on this will be appreciated. Ina Ash-sheikh Dr. HM EMTL ne?

usman11

Ok, Husnna, I have read a little of your narrative, and I have a few questions. Most of what you wrote  are woven in Arabic so I could not fully decifer its contents. Now, you did state that the anti Christ is of Jewish decent. Is that the official declaration of the Koran? If not, on whose or what authority do you make that assertion? My understanding is of the word anti christ is simply an ursurper. Someone who pretends to be christ when infact he/she is a fraud. I read about the anti Christ in the Bible, and maybe I need to refresh my knowledge in this regard, I don't recall a definite revelation of the anti-Christ's origin. There is no reference to his origin and this is why religious scholars and historians have speculated as to the roots of the anti Christ. Many scholars actually think he would be of European background. Some others think he will be from Arabia. But out of curiosity however, why does the anti christ command such important futuristic role to Muslims? I would think the whole anti christ idea would apply more to Christians than anyone else considering that christians regard Christ as the messiah and the savior. So it would be particularly applicable to them to be in cautious watch for signs of this ursurper whose only aim will be to deceive and present himself as the real Christ thereby fooling the followers of Christ. So my question is, how does this apply to Muslims since they only believe that christ was a mere prophet. Why would the coming of the anti christ matter to Muslims? Can you respond please?

HUSNAA

Quote from: usman11 on March 08, 2009, 12:26:33 AM
Ok, Husnna, I have read a little of your narrative, and I have a few questions. Most of what you wrote  are woven in Arabic so I could not fully decifer its contents. Now, you did state that the anti Christ is of Jewish decent. Is that the official declaration of the Koran? If not, on whose or what authority do you make that assertion? My understanding is of the word anti christ is simply an ursurper. Someone who pretends to be christ when infact he/she is a fraud. I read about the anti Christ in the Bible, and maybe I need to refresh my knowledge in this regard, I don't recall a definite revelation of the anti-Christ's origin. There is no reference to his origin and this is why religious scholars and historians have speculated as to the roots of the anti Christ. Many scholars actually think he would be of European background. Some others think he will be from Arabia. But out of curiosity however, why does the anti christ command such important futuristic role to Muslims? I would think the whole anti christ idea would apply more to Christians than anyone else considering that christians regard Christ as the messiah and the savior. So it would be particularly applicable to them to be in cautious watch for signs of this ursurper whose only aim will be to deceive and present himself as the real Christ thereby fooling the followers of Christ. So my question is, how does this apply to Muslims since they only believe that christ was a mere prophet. Why would the coming of the anti christ matter to Muslims? Can you respond please?

Can I respond? Oh quite easily!!. Firstly what I wrote in Arabic, I gave a translation directly below that; i.e.

"Ana al Masihud dajjal , wa inni yuu shiku an yu'zhalani minal khuruuju, fakhruj. Fa asiru fil ardh, falaa ada oo qaryatan illa habbatu ha, fi arbaina lailatan ghaira makkata wa taiyyiba. Muharramatani allayya. Kullamaa aradtu wa adkhulaa wahidan min huma".
means
I am masihud dajjal and I am waiting for permission to be given to me to leave this island and I will travel everywhere. I will not leave a single city behind but that I will enter it in forty nights, except for Makkah and Tayyiba (Madinah). They have been forbidden for me (to enter). Everytime I try to enter, there will be two angels there with a sword pointing at me."
Secondly, the anti christ is not specifically stated in the Holy Qur'an, that is there is no verse written about him specifically, but there is a lot of mention about him in the hadeeths (i.e. the sayings and actions and traditions of the Prohet Muhammad SAW). The anti christ is one of the major signs of the last hour or last day and every muslim must believe in the last hour/day as part of their belief in Islamic teachings. The Prophet SAW spent sometime in minutely detailing the anti christ to his followers and urging them to beware of him should they happen to live in his time. Muslims call the anti christ  Dajjal, which means the deceiver. Christians of course refer to him as the anti christ. He is not a usurper, simply because he wont be able to usurp the position that Jesus Christ (to Christians) or Isa A.S (to Muslims). But he is a fraud (as you wrote) and will deceive a lot of ppl and wreak a lot of havoc in the world when he appears.
Ok, the anti christ commands a futuristic role to Muslims because (1) Jesus Christ (i.e. Prophet Isa A.S.) and Prophet Muhammad SAW (were sent with the same message from the same God. For that matter, Prophet Musa (Moses) A.S. was also sent to the Jewish ppl by the same God and every other prophet mentioned in the old testament was sent with the same message to the ppl of his time. The message is simply to believe in God (Allah) SWT and submit their wills and wishes to the Will of Allah. That involves doing what Allah Commands them to do and avoiding what Allah Prohibits them to do. Thus the history of the anti christ did not begin with Jesus, it was foretold to every generation that ever had a prophet sent to it by Allah SWT before the advent of Jesus. So it is not surprising that we muslims know about him. In fact no where else will you get a more detailed account of the anti christ than from the hadeeths of the prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Muslims do not believe that Christ is a mere prophet. We believe he is a great and honoured prophet. He is the Word of God and also a Rasulullah. A Rasullulah is Prophet who has been given a Book of Guidance, or Shari'a.  Shari'a means law in Arabic, so when I say sharia here, I mean the laws given to the particular prophet of the time. Christ matters alot to muslims, because you cannot be a muslim if you do not believe in Isa A.S. as a prophet of God and if you do not perceive him in the same light and with the same respect accorded to prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Infact we should accord all the biblical prophets the same reverence and respect and not differenciate between any of them. We do this because we are commanded to do so in the holy Qur'an and  to  believe that they were sent by the same God to preach the same message to ppl. Whenever a message is corrupted by a ppl, God sends down a messenger to redirect the ppl on to the straight path.
The anti christ will deceive ppl into believing that he is the messiah and he will become so over confident as to declare himself god. The dajjal is of jewish origins. I think he may be so because I think in the Jewish scriptures, they are still waiting for the advent of a messiah,since they rejected both Isa A.S. and Muhammad S.A.W. The anti christ will present himself as that messiah and he will be believed by the vast majority of the ppl of the world. However, to refute the his claim, Isa A.S. will come back to this earth but not as a prophet, or with any specicific delegation. He will come down primarily to kill the dajjal and thereby expose the dajjal for what he really is. He will also refute the claims ppl make of his godhood. As a result, many christians of the time will convert to Islam. Jesus will marry and have children at that time. He will live for about forty years or so on this earth and in that time, there will be no misery, no wars, no hunger, no calamities e.t.c. It will be a time of plenty for everyone. It will be a time when nothing will fear nothing and nothing will expect harm from anything and nothing will be harmed by anything. After that, he will die and be buried in Madinatul Munawwarah.

So you can say in a way that the coming of the dajjal matters to us muslims more than it matters to you  christians because with his coming, Isa A.S. will reappear in this world and confirm what he really and truly is; a true muslim, a servant of God, a prophet of God, a mortal human being of miraculous birth, but never ever, a son of god.

usman11

"Secondly, the anti christ is not specifically stated in the Holy Qur'an, that is there is no verse written about him specifically, but there is a lot of mention about him in the hadeeths (i.e. the sayings and actions and traditions of the Prohet Muhammad SAW). The anti christ is one of the major signs of the last hour or last day and every muslim must believe in the last hour/day as part of their belief in Islamic teachings. The Prophet SAW spent sometime in minutely detailing the anti christ to his followers and urging them to beware of him should they happen to live in his time. Muslims call the anti christ  Dajjal, which means the deceiver. Christians of course refer to him as the anti christ. He is not a usurper, simply because he wont be able to usurp the position that Jesus Christ (to Christians) or Isa A.S (to Muslims). But he is a fraud (as you wrote) and will deceive a lot of ppl and wreak a lot of havoc in the world when he appears."-Husnna

Husnna, thanks for your response. So am I to understand that your earlier declaration regarding the origin or roots of the anti christ is false? Remember you claimed he was of jewish origin, and I asked you to provide any scriptural attestation to this claim that you presented as fact. Your response then became that the Koran does not infact even mention the anti christ, but that the hadeeth contains numerous reference to him. So, which book is authority on the subject? I ask because from my experience, when certain 'traditions' or activities of the prophet and his army as related by the hadith are presented in religious dialogue, some Muslims reject the book right away. Do you accept and believe the hadeeth in its entirety as you do the Koran? If the Koran is the inspired word of God and it is so complete as often stated, how come the doctrinal concept of the anti Christ is notably missing from its text? Why should people defer instead to another book (not authored by God) for information regarding this anti christ?

You stated that it should come as no surprise that Muslims know about christ. Of course it shouldn't, but the real reason why early Muslim adherents know about Christ was because Christianity had existed long before Islam came on the scene even in Arabia. When Mohammed began his movement, some of his closest neighbors were the nearby Jewish tribes, and christians that sorrounded him. Needless to say, Mohammed was well aware of the doctrines of those two faiths, and was well aware of their teachings. Yes, Christianity had flourished 600 hundred years or so before Islam came on the scene, and so it is not by accident that many historical bible accounts are found in the texts of the Koran mostly modified to conflict with the Christian version  in many cases.

"Muslims do not believe that Christ is a mere prophet. We believe he is a great and honoured prophet. He is the Word of God and also a Rasulullah. A Rasullulah is Prophet who has been given a Book of Guidance, or Shari'a.  Shari'a means law in Arabic, so when I say sharia here, I mean the laws given to the particular prophet of the time. Christ matters alot to muslims, because you cannot be a muslim if you do not believe in Isa A.S. as a prophet of God and if you do not perceive him in the same light and with the same respect accorded to prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Infact we should accord all the biblical prophets the same reverence and respect and not differenciate between any of them. We do this because we are commanded to do so in the holy Qur'an and  to  believe that they were sent by the same God to preach the same message to ppl. Whenever a message is corrupted by a ppl, God sends down a messenger to redirect the ppl on to the straight path"
-Husnna

If Muslims give Christ the same respect accorded to Mohammed, how come they are not outraged when an aetheist insults christ? How come Muslims are not outraged when christ is seditiously maligned and disrespected? They waste no time burning flags, rioting, protesting, and torching buildings the minute someone ridicules Mohammed. How is that according christ the same level of endearment and respect yet you don't jump to defend his honor as you do prophet Mohammed's? But another problem with your quote up there is the claim that Muslims believe Christ was given a book. No! He was not given any book. He had no book and wrote no book. Don't take my word, ask the Jews instead. Christ never authored a book either. In the synoptic gospels, there are accounts of Christ as a boy reading from the Torah and teaching adults in the synagogue things that should have been way above his comprehension. He wasn't reading the sharia either, he was reading and teaching from the books of the law-Law of Moses.

"So you can say in a way that the coming of the dajjal matters to us muslims more than it matters to you  christians because with his coming, Isa A.S. will reappear in this world and confirm what he really and truly is; a true muslim, a servant of God, a prophet of God, a mortal human being of miraculous birth, but never ever, a son of god."
-Husnna

How can the anti christ matter more to Muslims when you said earlier that the Koran does not even mention him?  And how can Jesus appear and confirm that he is really truly a Muslim when he infact was a Jew? Was he lying then? But then again, how can he be an adherent of a religion that surfaced nearly a thousand years after his ascension to heaven? That is like Adam saying "I am Catholic" or "I am Buddhist". Will that be possible considering there was no such thing at the time of his existence? I am sure you see the difficulty in understanding your logic here. Time and time again, the Bible shows that Jesus went to the Temple....read from the book, and taught people the scriptures. Throughout his teachings, he often refered to the book of the law. Does a Muslim go to the Temple (synagogue) Does a muslim cite the Jewish laws of Moses when teaching non Muslims?

"He will also refute the claims ppl make of his godhood. As a result, many christians of the time will convert to Islam. Jesus will marry and have children at that time. He will live for about forty years or so on this earth and in that time, there will be no misery, no wars, no hunger, no calamities e.t.c. It will be a time of plenty for everyone. It will be a time when nothing will fear nothing and nothing will expect harm from anything and nothing will be harmed by anything. After that, he will die and be buried in Madinatul Munawwarah"
-Husnna

Your above quote could qualify for blasphamy in some Christian circles. The Bible, which is the real authority on Christ contains no such information as stated above. Later historians, even Romans, never made such unfounded declaration.
Where then did Muslims come up with this version of latter day prophesy that is not found in any ancient christian books?

Well, Husnna, after reading your entire post regading the anti christ, and I suspect these are the same beliefs held by all true Muslims, let me share some of what the Bible says about the anti christ, and perhaps you can see where you as a Muslim fits into the equation.

The Christian historian John Gabriel agrees with the theology when he says ....The Bible also talks of an antichrist spirit.  Apart from the one direct reference in the Bible to The Antichrist, there are four other times that the word is used in a more general sense by the Apostle John.  Each time it is in reference to a particular spirit.  This spirit is defined by its denial of some very specific aspects of Jesus' nature and His relationship to God the Father.  The Following are the verses that describe this "antichrist" spirit:

This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.  But every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, is not from God.  This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. 1 John 4:2-3

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ.  Such a man (or woman) is the antichrist–he denies the Father and the Son.  No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.  1 John 2:22,23

Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 2 John 1:7

From these verses, we learn that the antichrist is a spirit that is identified as a "liar" and a "deceiver" which specifically denies the following:

That Jesus is the Christ/Messiah   (The savior/deliverer of Israel and the World)
The Father and the Son   (The Trinity or that Jesus is The Son of God).
That Jesus has come in the flesh.   (The incarnation - that God became man)

The religion of Islam makes it one of its highest priorities to very specifically deny all of the above points regarding Jesus and His relationship to the Father.  In fact, it can very fairly be said that Islam literally is a direct polemical response against the above essential Christian doctrines.
Gabriel continues,
'Muslims will be quick to argue that Islam teaches that Jesus is indeed the Messiah.  But this is really just trickery.  While it is true that Islam does retain the title of Messiah for Jesus, when one asks a Muslim to define what the title "Messiah" actually means in Islam, the definitions given are always hollow and fall entirely short of containing any truly messianic substance.  In Islam, Jesus is merely another prophet in a very long line of prophets.  Biblically speaking however, the role of the Messiah, among other things, also entails being a Divine Priestly Savior, a Deliverer and the King of the Jews.  In Islamic ideology, rather than being a Messiah that saves or delivers Israel and all of his faithful followers in any way, in the Islamic traditions, Jesus instead returns to lead Israel's enemies against her in battle and to kill or convert all Jews and Christians.  This would be the equivalent of calling Adolph Hitler, rather than Moses, Israel's deliverer.  For now, we see that the apostle John informs us that just before the final hour, a very specific "spirit" will dominate the earth. This spirit will deny many of the essential biblical doctrines regarding who Jesus is and what He came to do. Islam epitomizes this spirit perfectly.'_Mark Gabriel.

In the middle portion of your write up, you stated that when God's word is corrupted, he sends another prophet to redirect the path of men. This submission is a direct reference to the Bible as muslims contend that the Bible is/was corrupted. If you were refering to something else, please forgive my presumption. However, being that I am confident that your comment was in reference to the Bible, here are some questions I hope you can clarify. When you say God's word was corrupted, who exactly corrupted it, and why would God allow his divine word to be corrupted? Why would he allow men to corrupt his word? Who exactly corrupted this word of God, for what purpose, and when did this textual corruption occur? Was the entire word corrupted or parts of it? I ask because Muslims often quote the Bible to support an argument. Do they then quote the bible knowing it is corrupt?

I do find your contention difficult to follow due to trends I found in the Bible and even the Torah regarding men going astray. In the Old testament, or the Jewish Torah, God had handed down his law through Moses. Over the centuries after moses, the Jewish people went astray on multiple occassions, yet Prophets and or judges were sent to remind them of the God that delivered them from bondage. On some occassions, they rejected the Prophets and just continued in their vocation, and they also suffered the consequencies thereafter. During those periods of rejection, the Jewish people would sometimes develop an affinity to worship other gods besides God. They sometimes adopted heathen practices. They also drew God's wrath. Later on, God would show mercy. However, never once in all those centuries of sinful rejection of his commandments did God send a new religion. He repeatedly sent Prophets. When Jesus Christ entered the scene, note that He himself did not introduce a new religion. According to Christ himself, He came to fulfil God's word which were spoken concerning him by the old testament prophets. The book of Matthew shows several instances where Jesus shamed and challenged his antagonists, the Pharisees. The pharisees like Muslims were the religious authority and keepers of the law. They used the very laws of God to oppress the poor and ordinary masses. They were quick to condemn and convict. They would often stand in street corners and give alms or pray in full view of the public. In other words, they loved to perform this outward religious 'diligence' thereby giving the impression that they were righteous. Jesus put them in their place when he refered to them as hypocrites and liars. Notice that Jesus did not start a different religion, he only called men to live righteously and to seek God's kingdom.
What this confirms is that God does not create religion. That religion is man made, and has always been man made. God issued his word to Adam. God issued his word and commandment to Moses. Never did he tell Moses to start a religion. From all accounts, religion is a set of tradition that man concucted in his own idea of how God is to be worshipped. Nothing wrong with it, as long as it organized in truth and serves the purpose of the Kingdom.
So why would it have been necessary for God to issue a new religion called Islam to Mohammed which totally conflicts with the previous monotheistic ones?

Mohammed according to Muslim accounts, went up to this mountain, and had an encounter with an angel. There were no witnesses to any of the events he claimed happened. No one could verify anything Mohammed supposedly saw, yet you contend that Christianity was corrupted and that a set of unverifiable events hold true? Is this your contention?

MySeLf

Quote from: usman11 on March 09, 2009, 04:46:20 AM
Mohammed according to Muslim accounts, went up to this mountain, and had an encounter with an angel. There were no witnesses to any of the events he claimed happened. No one could verify anything Mohammed supposedly saw, yet you contend that Christianity was corrupted and that a set of unverifiable events hold true? Is this your contention?

But Usman are you aware that prophet mohammed (pbuh) was an illiterate who can neither read nor write before prophecy..??

BRIEF HISTORY:
Muhammad (pbuh) believed that there was only one Allah, Creator of the sun, the moon, the earth, the sky, and of all living things, and that all people should worship him only.
Muhammad (pbuh) would often leave the crowded city and go to the cave in Mount Hira... He liked to be alone there, away from all thoughts of the world and daily life, eating and drinking little. In his fortieth year, Muhammad (pbuh) left Mecca to spend Ramadan, the traditional month of retreat, in the cave. In the second half of Ramadan, Allah began to reveal His message for mankind through Muhammad (pbuh)..... This first Revelation occurred as follows...
The Archangel Gabriel came to Muhammad (pbuh) in the cave and commanded him to 'Read'. Muhammad (pbuh) replied 'I cannot read.' At this the Archangel took Muhammad (pbuh) in his arms and squeezed him hard until was almost too much to bear, he then released him and said again 'Read,'  I cannot', replied Muhammad (pbuh), at which the Archangel embraced him again. For the third time the Archangel commanded Muhammad (pbuh) to read, but still he said he could not and was again embraced. On releasing him this time, however, the Archangel Gabriel said:
Arabic Text: اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ
Translation: Read In the name of thy Lord Who createth Quran: 96:1

Arabic Text: خَلَقَ الْإِنسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ
Translation: Created man from a clot Quran 96:2

Arabic Text: اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ
Translation: Read And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous Quran: 96:3

Arabic Text: الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ
Translation: Who teacheth by the pen Quran: 96:4

Arabic Text: عَلَّمَ الْإِنسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ
Translation: Teacheth man that which he knew not Quran: 96:5

Muhammad repeated these

When the Archangel was sure Muhammad (pbuh) knew them by heart, he then went away.
Now that he was alone Muhammad (pbuh) could not understand what had happened to him
He was very afraid and rushed out of the cave.
Perhaps the cave was haunted? Perhaps the devil had taken a hold of his mind? But he was stopped by a voice from heaven which said; '0 Muhammad (pbuh) you are the Messenger of Allah, and I am Gabriel.
He looked up at the sky and wherever he turned he saw the Archangel Gabriel.
In a state of confusion he returned home to Khadijah. When his wife saw him she became very worried as he began to shiver, as though in a fever. He asked her to wrap him in blankets, which she did. After a while he recovered sufficiently to tell her what had happened at Hira'. Khadijah believed all that he told her and with great respect said, Be happy, o son of my uncle and be confident. Truly I swear by Allah who has my soul in His hands, that you will be our people's Prophet.' Muhammad (pbuh)....
The Messenger of Allah, was eased by her faith in him, but after all that had happened he was exhausted and felt fast asleep......
Khadijah left the Prophet (pbuh) sleeping and went to see her cousin, Waraqah Ibn Nawfal, to ask him what he thought about all that had happened. Waraqah was a very wise man who had read many books and had become a Christian after studying the Bible. He told Khadijah that Muhammad (pbuh) had been chosen by Allah to be His Messenger. Just as the Archangel Gabriel had come to Moses before and had ordered him to guide his people, so too would Muhammad (pbuh) be the Prophet of his people..
But Waraqah warned that all the people would not listen to the Prophet and some would mistreat his followers.
He must, however, be patient because he had a great message for all the world. From that day on, the Archangel Gabriel came often to the Prophet (pbuh) and the verses he taught him, the message from Allah to man, were later written down, and are known to us as the Holy Koran..

So there you go usman, mohammed(pbuh) did not just walked up a mountain and had encounter... And what more evidence do you need?  Read science in Islam and learn things that were there in the qur'an years b4 arrival of modern science...... Little search on the web will get you some..
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum, Jama'a

Usman11 (although its hard to call you with that pseduo, wallahi, for I darned well know itsn't your name) again. You are welcome.

Words of Muhammad (pbuh) Regarding the AntiChrist
[/size]

Sahih Muslim Hadith 7039 Narrated by Abu Hurayrah
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: Hasten to do good deeds before six things happen: the rising of the sun from the west, the smoke, the Dajjal, the beast and (the death) of one you or the general turmoil.
Sahih Muslim Hadith 6931 Narrated by Hudhayfah ibn Usayd Ghifari
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion) He said: What do you discuss about? (the Companions) said: We are discussing about the Last Hour. Thereupon he said: It will not come until you see ten signs before and (in this connection) he made a mention of the smoke, Dajjal, the beast, the rising of the sun from the west, the descent of Jesus son of Mary (Allah be pleased with him), The Gog and Magog, and landslides in three places, one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia at the end of which fire would burn forth from the Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 6979 Narrated by AbuHurayrah
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: You have heard of the city, one side of which is inclined and the other is on the coast (Constantinople). They said: Yes, Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him). Thereupon he said: The Last Hour will not come until seventy thousand people from Banu Isra'il attack it. When they land there, they will neither fight with weapons nor shower arrows but will only say: "There is no god but Allah and Allah is the Greatest," and one side of it will fall. Thawr (one of the narrators) said: I think that he said: The area on the coast. Then they will say for the second time: "There is no god but Allah and Allah is the Greatest," and the other side will also fall. They will say: "There is no god but Allah is the Greatest," and the gates will be opened for them and they will enter. They will be collecting spoils of war and distributing them among themselves when a noise will be heard and it will be said: Verily, the Dajjal has come. Thus they will leave everything there and turn to (confront) him.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 7034 Narrated by Anas ibn Malik
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: The Dajjal would be followed by seventy thousand Jews of Isfahan wearing Persian shawls.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 6924 Narrated by AbuHurayrah
Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour will not come until the Romans land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people on Earth at that time will come from Medina (to oppose them). When they arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans will say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from among us. Let us fight them. The Muslims will say: Nay, by Allah, we shall never turn aside from you and from our brethren so that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army, whom Allah will never forgive, will run away. A third (part of the army), which will be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eyes, would be killed. The third who will never be put on trial will win and they will be the conquerors of Constantinople. As they are busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, Satan will cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your families. They will then come out, but it will be of no avail. When they reach Syria, he will come out while they are still preparing themselves for battle, drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer will come and then Jesus (peace be upon him), son of Mary, descend and will lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah see him, it will (disappear) just as salt dissolves in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely. Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.554 Narrated by Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "Shall I not tell you about the Dajjal a story of which no prophet told his nation? The Dajjall is one-eyed and will bring with him what will resemble Hell and Paradise, and what he will call Paradise will be actually Hell; so I warn you (against him) as Noah warned his nation against him."

Sahih Muslim Hadith 7037 Narrated by AbuQatadah
We used to go to Imran b. Husayn passing in front of Hisham b. Amir. He, one day, said: You pass by me (in order) to go to some persons but (amongst the living persons) none remained in the company of Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) more than I and none knows more hadiths than I. I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: There would be no creation (creating more trouble) than the Dajjal right from the creation of Adam to the Last Hour.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 7023 Narrated by Abdullah ibn Amr
Someone came to him and said: What is this hadith that you narrate that the Last Hour will come at a certain time? Thereupon he said: Hallowed be Allah, there is no god but Allah (or words to the same effect). I have decided that I shall not narrate anything to anyone now. I have only said that you will see after some time an important event: that the (sacred) House (Ka'bah) will be burnt and it definitely happen. He then reported that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: The Dajjal will appear in my Ummah and he will stay (in the world) for forty--I cannot say whether he meant forty days, forty months or forty years. Allah will then send Jesus, son of Mary, who will resemble Urwah ibn Mas'ud. He (Jesus Christ) will chase him and kill him. Then people will live for seven years, during which time there will be no rancour between any two persons. After that Allah will send a cold wind from the direction of Syria. None will survive on Earth, having a speck of good in him or faith in him: he will die. Even if some among you were to enter the innermost part of the mountain, this wind would reach that place also and cause your death. I heard Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) as saying: Only the wicked people will survive and they will be as careless as birds with the characteristics of beasts. They will never appreciate good nor condemn evil. Then Satan will come to them, in human form, and would say: Don't you respond? They will say: What do you order us to do? He will command them to worship the idols but, in spite of this, they will have an abundance of sustenance and lead comfortable lives. Then the trumpet will be blown and he who hears it will bend his neck to one side and raise it from the other side. The first one to hear that trumpet will be the person who is busy in setting right the cistern meant for supplying water to the camels. He will faint and the other people will also faint. Then Allah will send or He will cause to be sent rain which will be like dew and there will grow out of it the bodies of people. Then the second trumpet will be blown and they will stand up and begin to look (around). Then it will be said: O people, go to your Lord. They will be made to stand there and they will be questioned. Then it will be said: Bring out a group (of them) for the Hell-Fire. It will be asked: How much? It will be said: Nine hundred and ninety-nine out of one thousand for the Hell-Fire. That will be the day that will make the children old because of its terror and that will be the day about which it has been said: "On the day when the shank will be uncovered".

Sahih Muslim Hadith 5352 Narrated by Mughirah ibn Shu'bah
None else had asked more questions from Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) about the Dajjal than I, but he simply said in a (light mood): My son, why are you worried because of him? He will not harm you. I said: The people think that he would have with him rivers of water and mountains of bread, whereupon he said: He would be more insignificant in the sight of Allah than all these things (belonging to him).

Sahih Muslim Hadith 3187 Narrated by AbuHurayrah
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Dajjal will come from the eastern side with the intention of attacking Medina until he will get down behind Uhud. Then the angels will turn his face towards Syria and there he will perish.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.239 Narrated by Anas bin Malik
The Prophet said, "Ad-Dajjal will come and encamp at a place close to Medina and then Medina will shake thrice whereupon every Kafir (disbeliever) and hypocrite will go out (of Medina) towards him."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.242 Narrated by Abdullah bin Umar
Allah's Apostle said. "While I was sleeping, I saw myself (in a dream) performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. Behold, I saw a reddish-white man with lank hair, and water was dropping from his head. I asked, "Who is this?' They replied, 'The son of Mary.' Then I turned my face to see another man with a huge body, red complexion and curly hair and blind in one eye. His eye looked like a protruding out grape. They said (to me), He is Ad-Dajjal." The Prophet added, "The man he resembled most is Ibn Qatan, a man from the tribe of Khuza'a."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.244 Narrated by Hudhaifa
The Prophet said about Ad-Dajjal that he would have water and fire with him: (what would seem to be) fire, would be cold water and (what would seem to be) water, would be fire.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 6.230 Narrated by Anas bin Malik
Allah's Apostle used to invoke thus: "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from miserliness; laziness; from old geriatric age; the punishment in the grave; from the affliction of Ad-Dajjal; and from the afflictions of life and death.
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.505 Narrated by Anas
The Prophet said, "Allah did not send any prophet but that he warned his nation of the one-eyed liar (Ad-Dajjal). He is one-eyed while your Lord is not one-eyed. The word 'Kafir' (unbeliever) is written between his two eyes."

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 93 Narrated by AbuHurayrah
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: `Lose no time to do good work before you are caught up by one of the seven calamities.' Then by way of warning he recounted,`A starvation which may impair your wisdom, or a prosperity which may mislead you, or an ailment which may damage your health, or an old age which may harm your senses, or a sudden death or the appearance of Dajjal (Antichrist). All these are bad events which may be awaited; or the Doomsday, but this day is indeed very hard and bitter.' Transmitted by Tirmidhi.

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 5487 Narrated by AbuBakr as-Siddiq
Amr ibn Hurayth quoted AbuBakr as-Siddiq as saying that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) told them the Dajjal would come forth from a land in the East called Khurasan, followed by people whose faces resembled shields covered with skin. Tirmidhi transmitted it.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4305 Narrated by Imran ibn Husayn
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Let him who hears of the Dajjal (Antichrist) go far from him for I swear by Allah that a man will come to him thinking he is a believer and follow him because of confused ideas roused in him by him.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4306 Narrated by Ubadah ibn as-Samit
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: I have told you so much about the Dajjal (Antichrist) that I am afraid you may not understand. The Antichrist is short, hen-toed, woolly-haired, one-eyed, an eye-sightless, and neither protruding nor deep-seated. If you are confused about him, know that your Lord is not one-eyed.

Sunan of Abu-Dawood Hadith 4311 Narrated by Fatimah, daughter of Qays
The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) once delayed the congregational night prayer. He came out and said: The talk of Tamim ad-Dari detained me. He transmitted it to me from a man who was on of of the islands of the sea. All of a sudden he found a woman who was trailing her hair. He asked: Who are you? She said: I am the Jassasah. Go to that castle. So I came to it and found a man who was trailing his hair, chained in iron collars, and leaping between Heaven and Earth. I asked: Who are you? He replied: I am the Dajjal (Antichrist). Has the Prophet of the unlettered people come forth now? I replied: Yes. He said: Have they obeyed him or disobeyed him? I said: No, they have obeyed him. He said: That is better for them.

Sahih Muslim Hadith 296 Narrated by AbuHurayrah
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) observed: When three things appear faith will not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from his faith: the rising of the sun in its place of setting, the Dajjal, and the Beast of the earth.

Al-Muwatta Hadith 49.2
Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi from Abdullah ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I dreamt at night that I was at the Kaba, and I saw a dark man like the most handsome of dark men you have ever seen. He had hair reaching to between his ears and his shoulders like the most excellent of such hair that you have seen. He had combed his hair, and water was dripping from it. He was leaning on two men or on the shoulders of two men doing tawaf around Kaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' It was said, 'al-Masih ibn Maryam.' Then we were with a man with wiry hair and blind in his right eye, as if it was a floating grape. I asked 'Who is this?' It was said to me, 'This is al-Masih ad-Dajjal.' "

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 2.626 Narrated by Mujahid
I was in the company of Ibn Abbas and the people talked about Ad-Dajjal and said, "Ad-Dajjal will come with the word Kafir (non-believer) written in between his eyes." On that Ibn Abbas said, "I have not heard this from the Prophet but I heard him saying, 'As if I saw Moses just now entering the valley reciting Talbyia. ' "

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 9.504 Narrated by Abdullah
Ad-Dajjal was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet. The Prophet said, "Allah is not hidden from you; He is not one-eyed," and pointed with his hand towards his eye, adding, "While Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a protruding grape."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.553 Narrated by Ibn Umar
Once Allah's Apostle stood amongst the people, glorified and praised Allah as He deserved and then mentioned the Dajjal saying, "I warn you against him (i.e. the Dajjal) and there was no prophet but warned his nation against him. No doubt, Noah warned his nation against him but I tell you about him something of which no prophet told his nation before me. You should know that he is one-eyed, and Allah is not one-eyed."