Forum > Hausa Music and Poetry (Kade-Kade da Wake-Wake)

In Rana ta fito tafin hannu baya kareta!

(1/8) > >>

Jibo:
Abin da akewa mawakan Hausa a jihar Kano bai dace ba. Wanda ke waka a cikin cd menene aibunsa? Don me ake kama mawaki da sunan shari'ar musulunci kuma akai shi kotun majistare? Me yasa fushin wani kan shafui wani? A dai yi adalci kuma a sani gobe kiyama za.a gamu da Allah! In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta! Kukan kurciya jawabi ne!

Shi menene laifin Hikima Multimedia Studio, da Ali Jita da Dawayya da aka kama su aka rufe su?

Muhsin:
Is that thread your words or someone using your user-name, Jibo? I wonder if you really know what they are doing down here.

Jibo:
I am interested! Can you please tell me what is going on? With examples, please....

Fateez:

--- Quote from: Jibo on June 07, 2009, 07:35:39 PM ---Abin da akewa mawakan Hausa a jihar Kano bai dace ba. Wanda ke waka a cikin cd menene aibunsa? Don me ake kama mawaki da sunan shari'ar musulunci kuma akai shi kotun majistare? Me yasa fushin wani kan shafui wani? A dai yi adalci kuma a sani gobe kiyama za.a gamu da Allah! In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta! Kukan kurciya jawabi ne!

Shi menene laifin Hikima Multimedia Studio, da Ali Jita da Dawayya da aka kama su aka rufe su?

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with you Jibo. It's really sad; the struggle between Kano state and the budding artists.

I'm not arguing that their music shouldn't be censored, no. But the way they are going about it is very destructive.

I have heard some really crude and tasteless material from traditional performers. In fact, growing up as a traditional

music loving child there were certain cassettes that were a strict no go area by command of my parents because they

contained unsuitable lyrics. Stuff I'm pretty sure you can still find in circulation in Kano. But because they are "traditional"

they're okay. Just because a person chooses a Guitar over a Garaya doesn't make their music any less holy than what's

was and is being produced under the heading of traditional music.

@Muhsin: What exactly do you mean? You can't just make a generalised comment like that with absolutely no back up.

Who did what and when? Just because one person does something "wrong" doesn't mean they are all like that. Rumours

and speculations is exactly why these people feel the need to rebel. Isn't "western" Hip Hop (Yes, the one with explicit

and madly inappropriate content) readily available in Kano? I'd pick a good Hausa Hip Hop artists over those anyday!

Watch this CNN piece with Ziriums and for goodness sake, hear them out. Hausa Hip Hop Artist featured on CNN

I love the quote "In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta!" Reminds me of a song from the international musical

Hairspray titled You Can't Stop the Beat.

The hypocrisy in the society really makes me shudder with revulsion...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dan-Borno:
Sis Fateez, Muhsin and Bakangizo thinks the same thing
they dont give a breathing space to these guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version