News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

In Rana ta fito tafin hannu baya kareta!

Started by Jibo, June 07, 2009, 07:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibo

Abin da akewa mawakan Hausa a jihar Kano bai dace ba. Wanda ke waka a cikin cd menene aibunsa? Don me ake kama mawaki da sunan shari'ar musulunci kuma akai shi kotun majistare? Me yasa fushin wani kan shafui wani? A dai yi adalci kuma a sani gobe kiyama za.a gamu da Allah! In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta! Kukan kurciya jawabi ne!

Shi menene laifin Hikima Multimedia Studio, da Ali Jita da Dawayya da aka kama su aka rufe su?
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Muhsin

Is that thread your words or someone using your user-name, Jibo? I wonder if you really know what they are doing down here.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Jibo

I am interested! Can you please tell me what is going on? With examples, please....
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

Fateez

Quote from: Jibo on June 07, 2009, 07:35:39 PM
Abin da akewa mawakan Hausa a jihar Kano bai dace ba. Wanda ke waka a cikin cd menene aibunsa? Don me ake kama mawaki da sunan shari'ar musulunci kuma akai shi kotun majistare? Me yasa fushin wani kan shafui wani? A dai yi adalci kuma a sani gobe kiyama za.a gamu da Allah! In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta! Kukan kurciya jawabi ne!

Shi menene laifin Hikima Multimedia Studio, da Ali Jita da Dawayya da aka kama su aka rufe su?

I totally agree with you Jibo. It's really sad; the struggle between Kano state and the budding artists.

I'm not arguing that their music shouldn't be censored, no. But the way they are going about it is very destructive.

I have heard some really crude and tasteless material from traditional performers. In fact, growing up as a traditional

music loving child there were certain cassettes that were a strict no go area by command of my parents because they

contained unsuitable lyrics. Stuff I'm pretty sure you can still find in circulation in Kano. But because they are "traditional"

they're okay. Just because a person chooses a Guitar over a Garaya doesn't make their music any less holy than what's

was and is being produced under the heading of traditional music.

@Muhsin: What exactly do you mean? You can't just make a generalised comment like that with absolutely no back up.

Who did what and when? Just because one person does something "wrong" doesn't mean they are all like that. Rumours

and speculations is exactly why these people feel the need to rebel. Isn't "western" Hip Hop (Yes, the one with explicit

and madly inappropriate content) readily available in Kano? I'd pick a good Hausa Hip Hop artists over those anyday!

Watch this CNN piece with Ziriums and for goodness sake, hear them out. Hausa Hip Hop Artist featured on CNN

I love the quote "In rana ta fito tafin hannu bai iya karte haskenta!" Reminds me of a song from the international musical

Hairspray titled You Can't Stop the Beat.

The hypocrisy in the society really makes me shudder with revulsion...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Dan-Borno

Sis Fateez, Muhsin and Bakangizo thinks the same thing
they dont give a breathing space to these guys.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

I read in the triumph newspapers that the shekarau and Kano emirate backed singer,'ALA' has been jailed for releasing a song without seeking permission from government.

It sounds utterly ridiculous to me.
Sai kace a china ko Cambodia.
I guess the government should also start censoring what we read in the newspapers.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Jibo

Quote from: gogannaka on July 13, 2009, 10:28:52 AM
I guess the government should also start censoring what we read in the newspapers.

In fact you are right, part of the work of the Board is to censor any writing to be released for public consumption. Why not censor all the Newspapers coming into KANO and the whole lot of other literature(s)? Including, the web the free to air TV programmes etc. Ala released not any song for circulation or for public consumption. I quite remember when K-boys released a song in response to Adam Zango's Oyoyo. 'After listening to Zango's song, they went to the studio and recorded a blistering counter-attack which they call Bingo.

The same blistering song was applauded by Kano Censorship Board under Rabo! The charge against Ala is that he released a song without getting it censored by the BOARD. EVIDENDCES ARE YET TO BE PROVIDED, PROBABALY ARE YET TO BE TENDERED BEFORE THE BOARD'S OWN COURT. His case may be liken to that of Iyan Tama. In mune yau, giobe to ai ba mune ba!

Muhsin

Quote from: Jibo on July 02, 2009, 01:02:37 PM
I am interested! Can you please tell me what is going on? With examples, please....

Sorry. I don't have that much time at my disposal. But ask your earlier source from Kano to clarify the whole thing to you; I know you must have it. But don't ask a sided person; look for a neutral one like me. :D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 12, 2009, 10:47:59 PM

It's not like that, DB. We are just being fair. And mark my words; am not saying others are not. Everybody is entitle to his/her opinion.

Muhsin

And regarding Ala; the guy's has not been fair to himself. It seems nobody here hear the song... ???
I'll elaborate when I get back, inshaAllah.
Thanks

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 12, 2009, 10:47:59 PM

Of course I think the same thing. We are not living in a jungle. There are laws and rules defining how we do the things we do. Why shouldn't there be censorship? Even in those countries you are quick to show as advanced have their own censor boards, which of course were in conformity to their way of life. So people should be left to release whatever stupid movies they churn out, or release what songs they recorded without them being checked to see whether it/they comply to the resident rules of decency, as enshrined by the host society's culture and religion? Was that what you want? Ko dabbobi suna da tsarin zamantakewa a daji, bama mutane ba.

If I may ask, how many albums has ALA released? (I personally have two). How come the previous ones were not stopped by the Censor board? What about the multitude of songs/albums that are being released by various artists week in, week out in Kano and nobody stopped them? How come your attention is always on the ones stopped (not even bothering about the reasons thereof), and not on the ones passed by the board for release? The rule says simply submit your song/movie for vetting before you release them to the public.  But of course typical of Nigerians, we must circumvent the law either unintentionally, or just for the heck of it. Just to spite the law. But do you people ever for once blame the artists for their wrong doings? No. Because you've already made up your minds against the Censor board. As far as you are concerned, the Censor board is the monster, always wrong, always vindictive, just out to get the "fair-dealing, innocent artists".

Ironically, we all know that the art of censorship is not peculiar to Kano, it is a universal practice, the difference being only on modalities and applications to suit peculiarities of societies. So going by the unwholesome and stupid movies/songs that are produced daily in our society, Censorship is a welcome development, and may Allah help them sanitize the decaying entertainment industry at least in Kano, if not the country.

HUSNAA

Da alama fa wannan bakan gizon wani top shot ne a gwamnatin mallam shekarau. Hala kai ne sule ya'u sule or whats his name? press secretary din shekarau ko kakakin gwamnati ake kiran sa ko?
To kaine banta ba ji ka goyi bayan wani dake adawa da abin da gwamnatin kano take yi ba. Tunbana in ana maganar 'yan wasan kwaikwayo kokuwa mawakan nan. Ko dai kaine shugaban 'yan hisba ne, mu kame bakunan mu mu tsare? Kasan an ce baki shi kan yanka wuya. In ba ma kasar ba za a iya bin mu da 'yan sanda ba. Amma kuma bamu sani ba ko an bude mana 'files' ta inda ana jiran samana tarko in mun dawo kasar?  ;D ;D ;D
To bakan gizo me kace? Mu rankaya a ta kare ko kuwa mu tsaya igiyar hisbah ta shako mu........? :P :P

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 24, 2009, 01:50:45 PM
Da alama fa wannan bakan gizon wani top shot ne a gwamnatin mallam shekarau. Hala kai ne sule ya'u sule or whats his name? press secretary din shekarau ko kakakin gwamnati ake kiran sa ko?
To kaine banta ba ji ka goyi bayan wani dake adawa da abin da gwamnatin kano take yi ba. Tunbana in ana maganar 'yan wasan kwaikwayo kokuwa mawakan nan. Ko dai kaine shugaban 'yan hisba ne, mu kame bakunan mu mu tsare? Kasan an ce baki shi kan yanka wuya. In ba ma kasar ba za a iya bin mu da 'yan sanda ba. Amma kuma bamu sani ba ko an bude mana 'files' ta inda ana jiran samana tarko in mun dawo kasar?  ;D ;D ;D
To bakan gizo me kace? Mu rankaya a ta kare ko kuwa mu tsaya igiyar hisbah ta shako mu........? :P :P

;D ;D ;D Ko kadan, hajia. Ba wai ban taba goyon bayan mai adawa da gwamnati. Check Kano Forum, you'd find where I agreed with some pointed out lapses and weaknesses of the state govt. Na dai lura ne kawai a forum din nan, ba abinda za'a ce gwammanin Kano tayi yayi daidai. Its like a mission for some people here to find fault with every single action of the govt, and sometimes it borders on obsession. I love objectivity, and I think it is absolutely necessary for us to always analyse and criticise the govt if found wanting. It is the best way to keep the govt on its feet. But what I won't stand for is the wholesale condemnation, without proper or justifiable reason, of everything the govt (or its agents/agencies) do. Criticism is good, but we should know that it comes with a responsibility - that of being fair, just and sensible.

So Hajia, don't be afraid, me I be ordinary citizen like every other. In da ni Top Shot ne a gwamnati, ai da nima ina dan zazzagayawa kasashen waje kamar ku ina dan hutawa, ina cin daular dimokaradiyya. ;D

Dan-Borno

wane irin zance kake fada? it is common on this board and
clearly visible that you dont want anything that goes against
the government of kano state - kar fa ka manta, i am also
shekarau's supporter, but kamar yadda ka fada, a fadi gaskiya
inda karya ta fito, kuma a daima cin mutane the ***** tsumma
da fakewa da addini ko tattalin tarbiya.

jibo made a very clear example of the songs these boys released
in reply to zango, akwai kazamin waka ma irin ta yarannan, but
because its a little bit soft on the side of the government, they
were even invited to perform during the may 29 somewhere in
kano government house.

mu, abin da muke fada shine: even before the advent of the
white man muna da mawakanmu da kuma yan wasan kwaikwayo
kuma kowa is allowed to show his talent.  Shata's gagarabadau's
song is a classical example where shata used vulgar and terrorised
his victim.  Shata is seen not only as a hero but a role model. that
is why he is a Dr.

Sam sam ba muce ayi iskanci ba, amma idan ba a nuna wa mutane
menene iskanci ba ta yaya zaka san iskanci?  both the musicians
and the actors are only relating stories of happenings in our
society - wether in politics, religion, economy or what ever.  So
they should be allowed and given a free hand.

Bakan Gizo ka shiga hankalinka wallahi, your planned illegal arrest
and detention of Muhsin's Aunty will meet a concrete wall resistant
and we will give her a heroic red carpet lol.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 24, 2009, 07:07:52 PM
wane irin zance kake fada? it is common on this board and
clearly visible that you dont want anything that goes against
the government of kano state...

It is funny what you wrote. Looked from another angle, isn't it obvious that you never have anything good to say about Kano state govt? Don't hide behind "I'm also his supporter". It is never evident here. So don't try to blind side us. Pretend you like someone, then make sure for every single good thing you may say about them, produce ten bad ones. I know the game well, my brother. Why are you somewhat obsessed with Shekarau? You never miss an opportunity without running here posting a thread of Shekarau did this bad thing, shekarau did that bad thing. And of course, Hajia would quicky post an agreeing response. Yeah, it is a good partneship you and Hajia in this regard. Isn't it OBVIOUS HERE? Kowa ya sani. With the way you carry on, very soon you will overtake even the Kano PDP as far as opposition to Shekarau is concern in Kano. :P  But it is your view, and your right. Just like my view and right to post a disagreeing rejoinder if feel like. And I don't give a damn if anyone feel I'm Shekarau's supporter. The same way you & Hajia don't seem to care if anybody feel you have a strong opposition against him. So each to his/her own. 

Wai tsaya ma tukun. Ba gwamna a garinku ne? Yaya zaka zo ka zo ka matsa wa gwamnan mu? ::) ;D

p-s, the rest of what you said in your post doesn't even sound like a convincing argument. You may continue to shout "munafunci ne, they are hiding behind religion, etc etc etc". The fact remains that part of a govt's a responsibilities is to checkmate issues that bother on morality. And they way the entertainment industry is turning into, this is the best thing.