News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

DEMOCRACY OR SILENT DICTATORSHIP IN NIGERIA?

Started by Mai Halin Girma, August 15, 2009, 10:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mai Halin Girma

THE FALLACIES OF DEMOCRACY AND DEMOCRATIC DICTATORSHIP IN NIGERIA
By
Salim I. Hassan (Salimullah)
Education Department, BUK.
salimanology@yahoo.com
blogwebsite: www.salimullah1.blogspot.com
Thursday, 13/08/2009

Democracy is a peaceful way of tyranny and subjugation of human rights; it is a reductionist of justice, fallacious idea of rule of law and deceptive concept of equality before the law. Yet, in Nigerian democracy, the powerful subjugates and dominates the right of the weak; the rich still exploits the poor; those in power tyrannize and victimize their citizens; those who wield power replace the elected leaders with whom they so wish by betraying and rigging the election. Is Democracy a universal concept of good governance or U.S hegemony? Democracy is a fallacy, deceit and fraudulence. Obviously speaking, democracy denotes the supremacy of U.S will and interest as it is imposed them upon other world nations especially the Muslim ones. International perspective of democracy entails that the world nations should be under the hegemony of U.S villain power. It further means the predominance of U.S will and policy over the world. Even though the West still desperately claims that democracy is good for all because it advocate justice, rule of law, good governance, human right, liberty and freedom, capitalism and secularism. All these aspect are good in democracy with the exception of capitalism and secularism. The both of them are antithetical to socio-moral values and standards of humanity. With this exception, all what they have claimed to have been guaranteed for man under democracy is not something new to our way of life (Islam/Shari'ah). All good aspects of democracy that commands universal consent and regard is an inherent part of the principal messages of Islam; they are part of essential aspect of life that are fundamentally emphasized and enforced in Islam in favour of establishing the standard values of humankind and for the development of their material, spiritual, and moral well-being. Hence, it is irrational for the West to introduce democracy to the Muslim world; and at the same time it is disgrace for the Muslim world to be earnestly begging the West to borrow their system of government when we have our own system (i.e. Shari'ah Ruling System which is recently formulated anagrammatically into new English word known as 'ISLAMOCRACY' to take the place of Democracy in Muslim world) which is much more comprehensive and more perfect than the Western Democracy. The main cause of Muslim world political malaises is their failure to implement their divine system of rule and government as it is appropriately enunciated in Shari'ah Ruling System. Though democracy has done more good than bad in some developed countries it has lost its recommendable spirit from the onset of its basis i.e. it usurps God's sovereignty and transfers it to man. That is to say, in democracy the will and laws of man is supreme over the God's divine laws. Let me remind you that you should never accept any word begins with a prefix "Demo"; for any word begins with "Demo" entails disgrace, lowness, misfortune, unluckiness, disaster, and all sort state of undesirable condition and situation. Think of the words like demotion, demoniac, demobilization, démodé, and many more others all of which denote undesirable and disgusting things and conditions/states. Likewise, democracy should not be exempted from such category of evil words. As thus, one needs not to repent when he declares that democracy is evil and bad as far as Muslims are concerned. Let us only practice our Shari'ah Ruling System which has come with all kind of good governance, rule of law, justice, rights and freedom of the people

These evil people (Jews – the super-terrorists) have created their political tools to mislead, destabilize and control the world and humanity, and these tools are: Democracy, Freedom of Speech, Liberty Capitalism and Interest (Riba) and many more others. Directly or indirectly, they constitutionalized bad and heretical laws in their poisonous constitution which is highly barbaric, uncultured, uncivilized and therefore utterly unislamocratic (i.e. it does not based on Islamic political system of Shari'ah).  In Democracy, people are still being duped that through representatives their rights and interests are ensured and protected. But the reality of the matter is that the constituent representatives whom the citizens vote for to represent them and to serve the public interest and will as soon as they enter into the Assembly House they selfishly change their intention by serving their personal interest and material ambition at the expense of the citizens' right. However Democracy still claims power in the hands of ordinary citizens. This is an absurd, a fraudulent and a pretentious idea. In reality, the Democrats are manipulating the will and the opinion of the people just to ensure their personal vested-interest of gathering wealth illegitimately from the public funds.

I want to draw your attention as much as possible to the tyrannical nature of Nigerian Democracy which has been a major concern of worry in my mind. Democracy supposes it is good, in Nigerian it is bad and the situation is irony. One of the main features of Nigerian democracy is tyranny, dictatorship, and subjugation of citizens' right.  Democracy is no longer a reality in Nigerian but an illusion. It is completely dissolved in tyranny. The rulers there are tyrants, dictators, wicked and oppressors. The tyrannical nature of Nigerian leadership has generated much more problems in the nation which complicated its problems, predicaments, and political malaises. Political crimes like bribery, corruption, loot of public/government funds, misuse of power to mention but a few, have their ground from the effect of Nigerian leader's tyranny and dictatorship. While the social crimes like robbery, thievery, and e.t.c. were all as a result of such tyranny and injustice of the leaders. Hence, we can say that it is from those leaders that all crimes and terrors exude. All acts of Nigerian leaders – the good, the bad, and the evil – are unquestionable by the citizens and are beyond reproachability; and yet, Democracy continues to dupe us that power of the government lies in the consent of the governed. Through political immunity which the constitution granted them they can do whatsoever they wish from misuse of power, looting government funds, tyrannizing the citizens and violating the rule of law itself. The constituent representatives too, at both state and national level of assembly are not really representing the needs of the citizens; once they enter into assembly house they selfishly turn to represent their wishful personal desires of material gains and lusts of wealth.
   Each and everyone believe in no good governance in Nigeria. Our corrupt rulers are not held accountable for their evil acts and crimes. Public funds are being looted and the perpetrators are never committed into probe and trial before the law. Worst of all is the fact that those corrupt leaders are completely immunized from public accuses and blames. This grants them an ample chance and opportunity to maltreat their people, to misuse the national funds, to tyrannize the citizens and to do whatsoever they so wish and desire. The popular notional aspect of Democracy is good governance, rule of law, social justice, protection of citizens' right and interest, and social well fare provision. And the very precious gift of Democracy is that it grants the ordinary citizens independent right to elect freely their leaders as well as to depose him from power if found guilty of corruption or misuse of power. But yet, despite of the tyrannical behaviour of our leaders we have never even revolt against even one of them if not of deposing him from power. Hence such right for the citizens has been a fallacy and an illusion in Nigerian Democracy.
   Now it is almost 10yrs of democracy in Nigeria but no one can prove a single aspect of achievement or even an improvement. All the identified problems affecting Nigeria among others, corruption, injustice, economic instability, educational downfall, instability of power and water supply, problem of health matters, none of them is resolved even partially per se. One may ask that: is governance/leadership in Nigerian a democratic or tyrannical? If it is democratic then democracy must have been bad and evil; and if it is tyrannical then the deposal of military regime from leadership does not make a sense. The ultimate conclusion is that whether democracy is bad or Nigerian leaders are all evils, tyrants, and dictators. And in either case we are left with a highly questionable situation. So then what is our problem? I think is that we are absolutely lacked of rule of law as such each and every evil and corrupt leader's act is unquestionable and above the law. Our negligence of rule of law gives the Nigerian leaders to act and behave whether good or bad as they so wish since they are beyond questioning and reproachability. 
   So then, is there any possible solution? To me I can say that People should wake up from their deep slumber and repel this tyranny and depose the dictators from power. These tyrannical leaders would never let free and fair election to take place, for they know that would be the end of their tyranny and corruption. So, then what is the significance of election system that is conducted quadratically (i.e. after each 4yrs) in Nigeria when it does not represent the true votes of the citizens. This is a critical and imperative question to be asked by an intelligent person. Since this election is full of rigging and corruption thence, it should be suspended. In fact, we the masses I pity us compassionately because the challenges ahead of us are very tremendous and difficult to tackle, however it is necessary to take a bull by the horn. These bad leaders who are currently on power are the exact dictators and corruptors who deprive us of our right, freedom, and deny us justice and good governance. They are the wolves whom we are hunting. As they are simultaneously wielding power they will never let any recognized just and rectitude giant leader to assume power for they are aware that once it happens they will perish. They will continue to wield this power illegitimately; and they will continue preserving and distributing it exclusively among their families and friends until you the majority oppressed people strive energetically to depose them from power with violence or otherwise. Hence, it is inevitable for you masses to undertake a formidable intellectual and political revolution. We do not call to the assassination of leaders; but at least you should ban them your votes. You should refrain from election when it comes for the next time. As such, on the very day of election, instead of attending the election centre, you should march on streets for protests and riots, and expose your majority to the world while explaining to them that you shall no longer pursue any election until the Nigerian bad democracy and its wicked and tyrant leaders are supervised and checked out by international powers. This is what we suggest to our beloved brothers to adopt in order to solve their political problem of corruption, bribery, tyranny, and exploitation by their leaders. 

Based on these huge reasons that proved Democracy wrong and evil, we proposed to the people that ISLAMOCRACY which means Shari'ah based government is the best for not only for Nigeria but the entire world at large.

In the next article, by God's leave, I will introduce to you my Islamistic ideas about ISLAMOCRACY. ALL MY IDEAS ARE OPENED TO CRITICS, OBSERVATIONS, AND OR RECOMMENDATIONS. LET US KEEP ON THIS DEBATE AND DIALOGUE UNTIL WE INTELLECTUALLY SUBDUE THE ENEMIES AND RESTORE THE ISLAMIC POWER,   GLORY, AND CIVILIZATION IN THE WORLD.

Till we meet again

This piece of writing is a random excerpt from Chapter 1 of My Unpublished Book titled "The Nigerian Muslims: Problems and Solution".

Submitted by Salimullah