News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Blacks Generally Weak in Economics and Technology

Started by Baruti M. Kamau, August 28, 2003, 08:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruti M. Kamau

Within the last seven years I have spent alot of time on Black websites and online communities.  I've noticed that nearly all of them have weak participation in their economic and tech forums.  Even @ Barutiwa.com our business forums have had less than impressive responses from Black entrepreneurs.  I've noticed that the majority of entrepreneurial participation in our business forums have come from non-Blacks.  Why is this?  Any comments?

Separately, I've recently initiated an online community specifically for entrepreneurs not only to do business with one another but to discuss their frustrations during the normal course of business in trying to realize their dreams.  This community, EndeavorLink, is targeting entrepreneurs from all walks of life.  It can be accessed @ http://www.barutiwa.com/cgi-bin/endeavorlink/endeavorlink.cgi

I'll begin promoting the community offline this weekend.  So within a months time we expect alot of participation from non-Blacks.