News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE “DEATH” OF K-ONLINE: THE POSSIBLE CAUSE(S) AND THE CULPRIT(S)

Started by Muhsin, January 03, 2010, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

GGNK,
thanks for the warm welcome. The silence is deafening I can tell u. The temperature in the forum is colder than what obtains in the northern hemisphere at the moment. The only embers of warmth seemed to be emanating from yr hearth. Prof Abdallah dama shi he lives in a furnace anyway so he doesnt count much ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hahahahahahahahaha
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Abdalla

@Husna

Me, befuddled? At only 53.9 yrs? C'mon, still got more kick in me. Now it seems to me you were the one befuddled. Hehehe. I graduated in 1979, did my NYSC, and then started working in BUK as a full-fledged duckling on 16th August 1980. Off to blighty 1981-1983 for the MA-- and actually tried to contact you! So I was taken aback when you popped into the class in 1984 (what a year!, and you are right about that part), with huge glasses, and bigger attitude! Ah, how the years fly, eh? Soon it'd be wam milk and hot water bottles, and no more giving it the old bop at the jukebox!

I can more reliably tell you I am in Department of Mass Communications, in the Faculty of SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (would you believe?) as a part-time lecturer. I have applied for a formal transfer to Mass Comm from the Department of Science and Technical Education, but the University is yet to approve. So right now I am flitting between the two Departments.

Waiting for you Tuesday for abit of chinwag and updates, now that you know the office!

Abdalla

_Waziri_

Thank you everybody for your posts.

Muhsin
shouldn't find it anything worth telling that he's been nominated a poster of the year by any forum whether K-Online or any other forum. This is just an internet. Anything internet shouldn't give one any feeling of self importance for it is very virtual.

I have joined K-Online in 2002 while barely a teenager. I must confess that after 9 years today, I feel different only in what I have learnt from the many debates we held here. The bridges I have built and the ones I have painfully crushed.

Every thing is time related. I know as we continue to become more individualistic, the time I spend on the net is bound to keep increasing and as such I am not likely to leave any forum I ever joined. It may take me some time before I make a post or a reply anywhere. That depends actually on my convenience and choice.

I have come to realize that there's nothing that is too serious in life.

Waziri

Muhsin

Quote from: _Waziri_ on January 13, 2010, 11:20:39 AM

Muhsin
shouldn't find it anything worth telling that he's been nominated a poster of the year by any forum whether K-Online or any other forum. This is just an internet. Anything internet shouldn't give one any feeling of self importance for it is very virtual.

Self importance? My foot!

You really don't understand the whole thing, Waziri; and thats obvious.

There is nothing more worth saying than that, for it's suggesting the way other fora are trying in making their boards livelier, more active and worth visiting place. And thats all I wanted K-Online to be. Re-read the OP thoroghly.

Cheers.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on January 08, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
Any way, as you suggested: I'll soon take it easy by inshaAllah leaving K-online. This will be better for me. Get lots of thing to do much more worthy than "sticking" in here. My life is at its "developmental" stage. I hope I am not yet who me I.

But before then, I have one request to all members: please forgive me if I wrong you. To err is human. And humans are fallible. I like you all.

Muhsin

That really got me laughing ;D Haba mallam muhsin. Now u are behaving like a spoilt kid. Fateez's post may sound harsh to you, but she spoke the truth. Problem is you take things too serious here. Just take am easy. This is nothing but an internet forum.

Muhsin

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 13, 2010, 01:34:29 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on January 08, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
Any way, as you suggested: I'll soon take it easy by inshaAllah leaving K-online. This will be better for me. Get lots of thing to do much more worthy than "sticking" in here. My life is at its "developmental" stage. I hope I am not yet who me I.

But before then, I have one request to all members: please forgive me if I wrong you. To err is human. And humans are fallible. I like you all.

Muhsin

That really got me laughing ;D Haba mallam muhsin. Now u are behaving like a spoilt kid. Fateez's post may sound harsh to you, but she spoke the truth. Problem is you take things too serious here. Just take am easy. This is nothing but an internet forum.

Haba Mallam Bakan~Gizo, you too had me grinning. You are just "fascinated" by her posts. But they hold no water, whatsoever. They are heap of rubbish; and full of contradictions and false accusations. I can prove that to you or anyone interested.

BTW, I want any K-Online member to frankly state where he/she thinks I am wrong, and why/how?

And thanks to those who met, called and sent me message regarding my decision. I am so sorry to tell you: I haven't yet rescinded it; just come to peep then saw those replies--by Waziri and Bakan~Gizo, and felt necessary to respond.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

bakangizo

Quote from: Muhsin on January 13, 2010, 01:46:35 PM
BTW, I want any K-Online member to frankly state where he/she thinks I am wrong, and why/how?

And thanks to those who met, called and sent me message regarding my decision. I am so sorry to tell you: I haven't yet rescinded it; just come to peep then saw those replies--by Waziri and Bakan~Gizo, and felt necessary to respond.

Well. Its your life. Do what u think is best for you. If you feel quitting this forum is best for you, then please go ahead. Case closed.

Muhsin

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 13, 2010, 03:27:15 PM
Well. Its your life. Do what u think is best for you. If you feel quitting this forum is best for you, then please go ahead. Case closed.

It was already closed. You people opened an old wound; and I had to heal it, right?

BTW, ain't saying I'll quit K-Online forever. And I have said it to some interesting elders of this board. But for the meaantime I have to relax, cool down and then re-surface. How'd see?  ;D ;D ;D

IBB

Namiji da magana daya aka san shi.

Muhsin ka iya bakin ka kar ka kai da yin magana biyu.

Better stick to the cool temper. The threats are not effective now. Even America has cease from threat
IHS

GoodFella

Aslm alykm,

@all,

Its amazing how you all (gogannaka excluded) turned deaf ears and blind eyes to the admin's foolhardiness when he said zai rufe site dinnan because of this thread, sai Muhsin's mentioning zai yi quitting. Gauge the two; which one outweighs which?

@Muhsin

I second to the opinion that you take things too serious. Please lessen it to the controllable degree.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Muhsin

Quote from: IBB on January 13, 2010, 04:21:46 PM
Namiji da magana daya aka san shi.

Why did you modify the post (this reply) so quickly? Is this a manly act?

Muhsin ka iya bakin ka kar ka kai da yin magana biyu.

Tell me what and what have I said?

Better stick to the cool temper. The threats are not effective now. Even America has cease from threat

Who cares?

BTW, You people are making me laugh (ko yake ne?), wallahi. The great French philosopfer and deep thinker, Jacques Derrida is very correct when he philosophically said: you may write something while your readers will end up "understanding" the direct opposite of what you have written. Again, another philosopher, Roland Bathes prophetically came up with what he called "The Death of the Author", and the birth of the reader. It has just typically happened here.

I, Muhsin, the author of this OP have no more "authority" over its meaning. Every K-Onliner is more than free to say all he/she thinks is the right interpretation of his reading--a supposed meaning he/she arrived at. I no more care what you say.

And, I inshaAllah, leave KanoOnline for the meantime. DB, Nura Jibo and GGNK, don't mind my "naivety"; I'll soon come back more matured, more fierce, more determined and  more impolite.

Nuruddeen

Courtesies,
Honestly speaking I did not intend to say a word over this issue. Becuase it appears that many interest grps have personal affliations to defend their friends and capitalize on trivilities just to play to the gallery.

I am highly astonished by Prof Abdallah's statement who stated thus:
"I decided to come in to help poor embattled Salisu who seems to be facing fire from all fronts!"

I am wondering who and who are at "wrestlemania" with the webmaster. Sir it is one thing to identify a problem and it takes another thing to solve it. However, if we can at least identify a problem and try to device a means of solving, THAT is half way to its solution, said Bala Usman in 1978.

If I understand Muhsin very well, what he said is very correct. The indolence atttitude with the northerners and the non-chalnt attitudes they exhibit daily, is what is causing Arewa. When you said that you have been hearing or rather listenning to all the northern bashings about Nigeria and Arewa for over 40 yrs now, I feel completely bemused! Hear Prof:

I have heard so much "northern-bashing" (@Muhsin). We have been called all sorts of names – lazy, ignorant, dirty,  illiterate, no-focus, etc. And by fellow northerners. Been there, done that. I have been hearing this for the last 40 years. I am not bothered anymore.  The "Naija" sites may be administered and visited by super-intelligent beings who hold the keys to happiness and prosperity, and issue free One Terrabtye iPhones to every one millionth post; as far as I am concerned, they can all shove it. I have been to the sites. Shallow, inward looking, guttersnipe, trailer-trash kind of mentality. Thanks, but no thanks. They are good if you want to improve on your pidgin English, reduce your IQ and acquire more "northern-bashing" cudgels. More talk about corruption, Niger Delta, "northern fanatics and fundamentalists",

Actually what Muhsin was clamouring for is more zeal and commmittment to rekindling K-online as a hot zone. He therefore called for a guided and patriotic committment from our leaders-prof inclusive! Andc instead of allowing him to bare his mind, ppl came ranting from all walks f life. What a fight?
MY major problem with Prof's statement and his 40 yrs experience about north's condemnation is: what physical effort has our learned prof put in dealing with such condemnations beside promoting cultural heritage and shakatawa, which most of our religious Malams are generally opposed to. becuase they eventually bread Bid'a, which is gravious to our religious techings and morality.. I always laugh whenever we mention Arewa or NIgeri'as problem to Prof. He wuld try in his usual manner to use all sort of Turanci to say that those are WELL KNOWN Problems. The cardinal question is: what physical or rather pragmatic effort have we put to curtail those problems? You see, presenting papers or gathering ppl to say our minds is one thing, and taking ctional per se is another.
What Muhsin said is nothing other than a clarion call to make us wake-up and stand up aginst our mediocrity not only at k-online, butalso north in its entire and by extension Nigeria.
So Salisu Danyaro an his website  is not even the issue. The issue is: someone owns the SIte and we keep it for him. I beleive Salisu cannot sustain his website alone without writers like our learned Prof, Waziri, EMTL, Gogannaka, Dan barno and co.

What I am trying to get at is: All of us need to sit up and extend that same zeal and commiittmnent we had for  k-online the way it was 9-8 yrs ago. And make it we shall in sha Allah.
Indeed, some of us have the power to mmake it happen, but perhaps due to fear they fail to realise the pwer they have. For instance, our leaned Prof can confidently lead ak-online delegation to Mai Martaba. If of all Prof can edit and present something on Masarautar Kano, what does it take for Allah's sake to lead Jibo, Husnaa, Dan Barno and co to Masarautar Kano with an agenda?

I believe a stitch in time saves nine. The time to act is now or never.

AT MUHSIN:
I urge you to continue with your patriotic mission on north and Nigeria  very seriously. So long as you are committed and guided by patriotic committment, you can achieve it. Yu can make mistkes, but you can as well learn from them if you are genuinely committed.
AT SALISU DANYARO-THE WEBMASTER:
I think it is good to make the registration stuff a bit more flexible to allow more patronage. Nobody is asking you to close the website, becuse it's your own. No! It's not yours, but OURS. We are K-online viz: Jibo, Waziri,Husnaa, Muhsin, MLbash, Tsumburbura, Dankauye, Dan Banza reloaded, Dan Barno and co. And without our efforts K-online would have ben history.
I remain your humble friend and foe JIbo.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Abdalla

@Nuruddeen

These are quite interesting perspectives, although they did not alter our original reactions to Muhsin's posting, or our stand on the site and how it gets to where it did. We'are waiting for The Communist Manifesto Part II from you and other northern bashers -- for without a template, there would be no revolution (ask the Russians and the Chinese). It is quite easy to talk hot air and revolutionary rhetoric. It is one thing to outline the Action Plan for change. So next time someone from the south calls me  "indolent", "miserable", "lifeless", "dispassionate", "uncommitted",  and illiterate in information technology, I'd just grin and say "heard that before -- from my fellow northerners, so ya can't hurt me, dude; I am already hurting".

Thus we are patiently waiting for that template from more "pragmatic" minds not focused on useless conferences on culture or shakatawa (although the Chinese and Russians would probably disagree on this, as they used culture as a cornerstone in their revolutions).

Abdalla

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Abdalla on January 13, 2010, 11:58:41 PM
@Nuruddeen

These are quite interesting perspectives, although they did not alter our original reactions to Muhsin's posting, or our stand on the site and how it gets to where it did. We'are waiting for The Communist Manifesto Part II from you and other northern bashers -- for without a template, there would be no revolution (ask the Russians and the Chinese). It is quite easy to talk hot air and revolutionary rhetoric. It is one thing to outline the Action Plan for change. So next time someone from the south calls me  "indolent", "miserable", "lifeless", "dispassionate", "uncommitted",  and illiterate in information technology, I'd just grin and say "heard that before -- from my fellow northerners, so ya can't hurt me, dude; I am already hurting".

Thus we are patiently waiting for that template from more "pragmatic" minds not focused on useless conferences on culture or shakatawa (although the Chinese and Russians would probably disagree on this, as they used culture as a cornerstone in their revolutions).

Abdalla

Sir, your reactions noted. However, I did not  in any way stated in my comment that you present "useless" conference papers. What I said is: we need to go beyond the banal and be a bit more energetic, able and doing. We need to wake-up and do something much more reasonable. My bone of contention is: what good is writing on an issue if one cannot systematically act and produce something practical out of it? What good , for example, of adressing an issue of Bazawari/Bazawara by Husnaa, Jibo, Dan Barno, EMTL, Salisu Dan Yaro and co if they cannot bring their issue into practical benefit and "fruition" to the affected groups? Is it just to come and discuss and go? We have been writing on issues, perspectives and all sorts of things affecting our lives. But the cardinal question is: How many times, for instance does our influential Prof cared to ask us to converge or give him our proposal to at least showcase it to the people in government that most of them are or were his contemporaries? Sir, ba wai muzo bane muyi ta labari fa shi ne wai za'a canza. A'a. Ina ga our "hot air jargons" need to be merged with "actionable per se".

Of course the culture you are talking about by Chinese or whoever, is quite "interesting", especially when there is enabling environment. Ai sai an sami maslaha ne na takura da kuncin rayuwa da halin matsi  da mutane suke ciki sannan za'a yi tunanin nishadi da shakatawa ko?
Kuma ma idan muka dauki ma'anar gargajiya da shakatawa ta lamutta'alim ai addinin mu ya sa mana shamaki. Domin rayuwar mu gaba daya ta ta'allaka akan sa. Kuma Allah in His infinite mercy told us in Sura-al Baqra that : Ya ayyuhal lazina amanudkulu fissilmi kaffatan. Wala tattabi'u kuduwatishshaytan. Innahu lakum aduwwum mubin. Idan muka dauki ma'anar wannan Aya ta fuskar lugga ai kaga Al'ada da Gargajiya basu da muhalli. Saboda addinin mu bai lamunta ba. Idan zamuyi musulunci kawai mu shiga gaba daya ba wani noke noke ko dabara ko kuma bin ra'ayi. Wannan shi ne dalilin da Allah ya ja mana kunne domin kar mubi hudubar shaytan la'ananne.

Anyway, this is just  by  the way sir. However, the truth is: So long as we will keep going the way we are, I am afraid we will continue to be consumed by our actions, inactions and karmic retributions as a community.  Our exhibit of sheer cowardice on certain things in the North, is what is caausing Arewa and her people. Kuma sir kai ka fini sanin cewa Shata yayi wannan bayani tun da dadewa cewar : Matsoraci baya zama Gwani ko wanene kuma ko Dan wa" . Can gaba sai yace Allah kau! Saboda ya nuna bacin ransa da sakon da yake so ya isar.

Saboda haka mu 'yan Arewa gashi an sami matsaloli da yawa amma yadda za'ayi shi ne aiki. Wai inji 'yan magana da sukace matsalar Arewa da Nigeriya kamar Dambu ne bayajin Mai. Kaka tsara kaka. Lol!!!!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

_Waziri_

Nuruddeen,

A part from writing culturally biased papers which are very necessary for societal rejuvenation, Prof also did many things in the name of helping Arewa. He even tried to help us set up an NGO in the name of K-Online. He suspended his activities took us to lunch and engaged us in a discussion that can help us develop a firm background for the proposed NGO. He even produced a copy of a document or helped you produced it? Then the document got lost in my hand and we were not having a copy of it. Then we didn't try to contact him again about the issue which I am sure if we did he wouldn't have been tired to suspend his activities, buy us lunch again and re-discuss the matter with us.

Remember, in 2004 we gave Prof. a very short notice and despite that he came to Zaria and presented a paper during our conference on Northern Nigerian issues. Also and for me Mal. Salisu Danyaro has always been ready to help on issues even those that are purely professional.

Nura, it is possible it is not Prof. who is failing but ourselves. If there's a problem anywhere, then I guess it may be with us first before others. Or possibly  the problem may be a system problem. May be they are all other factors as Prof. is saying.

Anyway, if you have a practical way of making K-Online lively apart from giving awards for the poster of the year as suggested by Muhsin, you can present us with one. I am confident Prof. and Mal. Salisu presently love nothing more than that.

Waziri