News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE “DEATH” OF K-ONLINE: THE POSSIBLE CAUSE(S) AND THE CULPRIT(S)

Started by Muhsin, January 03, 2010, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abdalla

@Nuruddeen

I enjoy the debate – but try to stick to the point. The point, in case you have forgotten, is that Muhsin describes this forum as "miserable" and "lifeless" (his words). In explaining further, he accuses northerners (not just the owners of the forum – which includes the posters) of being "dispassionate" about anything they do. Instead of sticking to the arguments about whether he is right or not, you shifted to general, and I would say anarchic condemnation of northern Nigeria.

In my dictionary (Merriam-Webster's 11th Collegiate Dictionary), "banal" translates as: "lacking originality, freshness, or novelty". In other words, useless. I doubt very much if you have read more than 1% of the banal papers I have written since 1985. I doubt very much if you have read the country reports I have written for World Bank, Unicef, USAID, DFID and the Kano State Government – banal reports that were dovetailed into Nigerian cultural and educational policies over the years. I think it'd be pointless to draw attention to banal meetings I had attended across the globe aimed at finding solutions to real-life problems affecting our youth. I doubt very much if you have read the banal rubbish we discussed at Arewa House on Education in Northern Nigeria, and how northern governments are quietly implementing the recommendations of the committees on this. I doubt if you have seen the syllabi produced for  Almajirai  in Arewa House, or the experimental Tsangayu that emerged out of these syllabi. I could go on, but it would only further expose your desire to see the black, rather than the white or even the gray. A typical nihilist strategy.

It is good to be an armchair critic. You are safe. You don't have to do anything. For instance, you lambast others for discussing Zawarawa, but they did nothing. What do  you want them to do? Marry every single Bazawara? How many have you married yourself to demonstrate your concern for their welfare? In short, enlighten us on the specific strategies YOU have taken to "move north forward". Maybe we are not on the same page – so bring us back to your page of enlightenment and insight. In any battles, there are generals who strategize and foot soldiers who implement. Just as we can't all be generals, neither can we all be foot soldiers. You are welcome to belong to where ever you want to be – but it is your choice; don't force it on other, for you do not hold the keys to Enlightenment.

You can only accuse other people of being useless, banal, and trite – if you have passed these labels yourself; in which case then you are judging from high moral ground. Why would you expect someone to lead the way – what is preventing YOU from taking the lead? Why are you waiting for me to call you (plural) so that you can give me ideas to give to the people you believe are my contemporaries? Why don't you give it to them YOURSELF? In short, what is your prescription for the diagnosis? Am I right in deducting that you have been trying to pass on your ideas of great social revolution – and you have been rejected, and that is why you are now annoyed at everyone? Just like Muhsin is annoyed because no one seems to be giving him accolades on this forum (no praises, no awards for being the most prolific poster – else why draw our attention to the fact that Naijerians have given him an award, so they are more lively, etc).

Now is the time to outline an implementation plan according to Nuruddeen – for instance, close all universities because they churn out useless research, make the minimum wage in northern states ten thousand dollars a month, give every individual a free laptop to be changed every three weeks plus a generator and gasoline allowance for it, kill any husband who divorces his wife, or kill any wife whose husband dies (e.g. bury them together; violent, but what you could see as a more pragmatic solution to zawarawa – they did that in ancient Egypt, and parts of modern India,  you know). As I said, it is easy to point accusing fingers at useless intellectuals that have not developed the north (forgetting that the north of NOW is different from the north of the year we were all born).  You presented the same accusations at our last Get Together at Alliance Francais in Kano – and we asked you the SAME questions which you did not answer: what is the actionable plan in terms of specific changes of behavior? Who will be responsible for this action plan? Who agrees to the action plan? What consultation exists to ensure equity? And finally, what gives you the moral right to impose your vision on others? Or have you been appointed a new visionary?

I think you are passing through a Visionary Phase of your life – for suddenly, you invoke Islam to justify your actions. You are not the first. There are other, far more erudite, who have tried to use Islam to project their narrow understanding of both Islam and the world. This is not the forum for such discussion – nor do I engage in such discussions, otherwise it'd have been quite interesting to go into that arena. But briefly, there is nowhere in Islam that says you should dissolve your traditional identity. Islam prohibits any behavior that clashes with fundamentals of faith – and these fundamentals are well known. What Islam abhors is mixing Un-Islamic traditional identities with Islamic faith. If you chose not to engage in any "gargajiya", that is your choice, but don't force it on others, and claim a Messianic role, for you are not mandated. Oh, and by the way, if you are cutting and pasting from an online source, you need to ensure you do it right. Your pedantic quotation of Ayat 208 of Al-Baqara, you  wrote:

Ya ayyuhal lazina amanudkulu fissilmi kaffatan. Wala tattabi'u kuduwatishshaytan

This is the proper syntax of the Ayat you quoted:

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo odkhuloo fee alssilmi kaffatan wala tattabiAAoo khutuwati alshshaytani innahu lakum AAaduwwun mubeenun

The syntax and grammar of your pasting distorts the meaning, which is:

O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy. (Al-Baqara 2:208; Yusuf Ali Translation). http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00225.htm

Note that Islamic scholars, when quoting from the Qur'an, usually translate (not paraphrase) the Ayat; or in many cases, they provide the direct translations, for they don't need to prove that they know Arabic. So what is devilish about culture and gargajiya in this passage? For some reason – having met me quite late in my evolutionary development – you seem to be relegating me to an entertainment mogul. From your posting, and the sermon, one would assume I run a bar, disco or hotel where we engage in orgies and all night dance parties. Or are we seeing a newer version of Boko Haram?

I do not owe any apologies for what I am or what I have been doing. I believe that in my modest way I have achieved the targets I set out to achieve in my life, and I am quite contented with that. Revolutionizing the society – no matter what meaning you give to revolution – is not a one-person affair. Nor does it mean undertaking violent change. The banal (read, useless) talks, conferences and so on are another route. We are sticking to it.

Abdalla

bakangizo

@ Abdalla

I understand the source of your 'anger'. When I read Nura's post I wanted to draw his attention to the fact that he had somehow derailed from the main issue being discussed here. Going from specifics to generalizations can be dangerous. Most times in our zeal to 'post' a heavy rejoinder, we miss the whole point. We sound verbose, and our arguments by implication become nothing more than mere ramblings.

@Nura

Don Allah a rika tauna magana kafin a aiko ta. We should all learn to take things easy. Like I keep on saying, this is an internet forum. Everyone you see is only here on his/her volition. So you can't force people to be as "serious" as you want. Remember that people do have a "LIFE" outside K-online. You don't even know how most of us squeeze out time to post the little we do here.

Let this matter die. Please.

Quote from: Muhsin on January 13, 2010, 05:56:42 PM
And, I inshaAllah, leave KanoOnline for the meantime. DB, Nura Jibo and GGNK, don't mind my "naivety"; I'll soon come back more matured, more fierce, more determined and  more impolite.

You either quit or not. So quit saying you'll quit.

Dan-Borno

what have we got here? muhsin kaga abin da ka jawo ko?
however, i like the debate this way, kaga har su legandary
waziri sun fito daga hideout nasu.

it is said that everyone is entitled to his own opinion and by
no means should someone impose his opinion on others.
with much due respect to our able prof and young revolutionary,
this arguments and rantings and use of big grammar aint
going to help us either as an online community or NGO as
rightly highlighted by legandary waziri.

prof. and danyaro are our leaders as well as guide as far as
kanoonline is concern and i dont think any form of pressure
or airing personal view should make you renounce your
position - muna kara yi muku mubaya'a.

and to my young revolutionary, i urge you (as i always did)
to exercise patience and take the rightful cause so as to
avoid coming back to the beginning again.  we feel you and
what you say about arewa is true, however, prof made a good
point during our last get together and i quote his above posting:

".......what is the actionable plan in terms of specific changes of
behavior? Who will be responsible for this action plan? Who agrees
to the action plan? What consultation exists to ensure equity? And
finally, what gives you the moral right to impose your vision on others?
Or have you been appointed a new visionary? (i just appointed
him now by the powers vested on me.

we have long way to go and it is not necessary that we must enjoy
the fruits NOW, it does'nt matter if our grand children enjoyed the
fruits.

it is now or never, lets do it prof, nura and all other members

I love you all and stay blessed.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Nuruddeen

All said. But I still maintain and reiterate that what Arewa and its so-called leaders or elites are doing is banal and lack precedent and/or locus standi anywhere in the world in terms of urgency for developmental priorities.

AT WAZIRI:

Is not by developing proposal or taking it to our leaders or elders that is important. What is needed is actionable per se. What do you contribute physically? And I got to understand that even the proposal I gave to you to edit, because of your non-chalant attitude or should I say you deliberately misplaced it when I was asking you to kindly look for it and give me so that I submit it to Prof Abdalla. This is not the 1st time. Remember we started a movement together-the confab that you and I came up with the idea, and invited prof abdalla and co to come and help in their own capacity as intellectuals on the way to salvage Arewa. But eventually I had friction with you over the opening of Secretariat at Zaria, where we suggested Samaru, but you selfishly said it must be carried to Zaria city- a place where you come from.
Surprisingly enough, you went away with the names of all the registered persons and their contact so that Nura and Dr. Sanda may not have access. Thinking that it matters to us. Is this not one of those so-called northern bashngs Waziri? You secretely went ahead to contact some of those members that you cornered their addresses thinking that it will matter to us. We allowed you to go with it and salvage Arewa your own way. You even tod me that you carried the documents and kept it at one Bank under lock and key as colleteral. What  a selfish interest?

Honestly, as you see me Waziri I am not a coward and I don't  spare anybody when it comes to matters of national or regional importance. Remember, Governor Turaki it was whom I fought for 8 good yrs and I emerged clean and healthy, because na yarda da Allah.

So wht Muhsin said was right. Ba zaka taba yin wani abin kirki da 'yan Arewa ba sai kaga an sami matsala one way or another.

AT PROF ABDALLAH:

I think if you are  trying to quote me wrong for referring you to a koranic verse that I have for long  sat down before my late teacher and studiously listened to its Tafsir based on ibn Kathir, I think you are  just crying foul. Where does it say I must write it the way you write? it does not matter I must follw the grammatical structure that Prof invented or tried to invent. I must not follow suite provided the readers can read and understand.
Surely, my own argument still remains that: the culture and tradition that you think are promoting based on Barmani Coge Uwaliya mai Amada, Rappacious raps or whatever you may call it are never and will never be in tandem with Islamic teachings. I am sorry to say they do not even have a premise in our religion. But sadly enough you engage yourself severally at British council and other places selling those ideas. That is why I draw your attention to it based on " Ya ayyuhal lazina amanudkulu fissilmi kafftan....Shi Allah ba'ayi masa wayo. Idan zakayi addini kawai kayi shi amma duk abin da zai kawa  wargi  ko wasa akan harkan addini to bashi da wani tasiri. Wannan kenan.

Now let us go back to your effort at salvaging Arewa or Nigeria that you made reference that you doubt very much if I have gone thru most of your writings or whatever.
Sir, for your own information, I was personally at Arewa House where I saw the Director of that centre and collected enough materilas on Almajiranci issue in Northern Nigeria. I wrote to Ibrahim Ado Kurawa and got ample materials that I used for my own research. The way you go and present papers, Jibo equally went and is still going places to present.

I laughed when yu say I perhaps did not care to read your works.
Sir, what of "UTILISING ALMS BEGGAR MINSTRELS FOR DEVELOPMENT IN THE NORTH", By PROF ABDALLAH? What of the paper I requested you to send to me on Ajami? I know you may have forgotten all these, but they  still ring bell sir.

The educational salvaging papers that you overtly said you have presented and are now secretly implemented by some northern government. Why are they implemented secretely? Why can't they be openly implemented if at all? Which and which state have implemented and what changes have we witnessed so far? If not educational backwardness and decadence that we witnessed daily in  Nigeria, wht have we achieved in curtailing education problems in Nigeria? When the likes of Abdulmutallab and co that were educated free of charge by Nigerian system and cannot pay back? They rather prefer to send their kith and kin abroad to spoil our names. Is this the secret educational engagement that you engaged yourself when you cannot come out and tell your contemporaries how to learn paying back to the Nigerian system?

In fact, this is just by the way sir. But the "matter at issue" is beyond mere paper presentations. I have come this far to tell you that at 21st century sir, we should look beyond our borders by seeing far ahead of papers. We need to be practical, able and doing. I said it and recapitulate sir that : Prof Abdallah at his own capacity as an erudite prof can influence decision by making Kano state government address the issue of Bazawari/ Bazawara that has been trashed here on board. You challenged me that  what attempt have I made in marrying any Bazawara. Its my pleasure to tell you sir that I am yet approched by anyone that said would want to marry Jibo.

Besides, we all have our lives to live, but as it is Allah has provided me with everything that I need at my own level. If any girl, lady or Bazawara is interested in Jibo, I believe the door is open. Only that I am just awaiting  time to pick what Allah Has offered to Jibo.Lol!!! However, as it is Alhamdulillah. Nura is now a self made man. And God Has seen him through all the huddles in life. And they are all history.

Kawai dai matsalar manyan Arewa shi ne idan ka fada musu gaskiya sai ace ai wane bai isa ba. Ko kuma ace wanene ubansa? To ta hakane za'aci gaba? As it is I don't spare anybody provided I am on course and in sha Allah Allah will never let Nura down in his quest to rule Nigeria and deal with all these indolence, mediocrity and unncessary cowardice in our so-called learned elders. Ya hayyu ya kayyumu bi rahmatika astagis.
I remain loyal
Jibo.

o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Abdalla

I think I agree with Bakan Gizo.  It has moved from a discourse to abuse. I lay it to rest, for I have seen that bubbling under the thin veneer of respect are deep rooted resentments and chasms of inadequacies and paranoia, with tinge of sexual inadequacy. Good heavens, it is only beginning to dawn on me now!

Jibo, you win -- you have defeatd the useless intellectual called Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu, who like all other useless worthless northern intellectuals have no actionable plan to salvage their region, even though that action plan has been written and given to them in triplicate. Anybody who can defeat the powerful Saminu Turaki (and I thought it was the EFCC) must surely be a powerful human being.

I can see the butterflies, the mushrooms and the clouds you are seeing. And the kaleidescope colors. Yes, I can even hear the harps.  Nurse, injections, please, and the straight-jacket.

Abdalla

Muhsin

Salam, KanOnliners

I hope you (plural) will forgive my intrusion, especially my senior, BKGZ who seems most bemused by my assertions that I was quitting this board. I am really sorry.

Well, I was going through something (meaning this OP) very surprising. I can't imagine, in all my imaginary world, how things get to that unwelcome stage. And as recklessly "pointed" DB I am the ONE who cause it all. Ain't the one in actuality. . .oh I forgot my promise. Thus you can say that a zillion and one more times. It's your interpretation of the case in contention. Understand? Thanks

I just logged-in today to answer Prof. Abdallah's "question" when he says:

Quote from: Abdalla on January 14, 2010, 03:38:18 PM
Just like Muhsin is annoyed because no one seems to be giving him accolades on this forum (no praises, no awards for being the most prolific poster – else why draw our attention to the fact that Naijerians have given him an award, so they are more lively, etc).

"Giving" AWARDS to members of such a community is absolutely nothing new; hence I never thought my mentioning that I am given one on another would cause that havoc. I never gave that repercussion a second thought knowing this FACT. And I'll PROVE my claim now.

--I am a member of more than ten forums, and I am an active member of nearly half.

--Muhsin is NOT the most prolific poster on KanoOnline, but GGNK and Auntie are. Take a look at the number of their postings.
       *GGNK has 2970,
       *Husnaa has 2818
       *while young Muhsin 2605.

--Since before I joined this board and after I joined, AWARDS are "given" to its bona fide members. These are links of some of these threads: Kanoonline Top Notches 2004!
            Kanoonline Top Notches 2006
            End Of Year Awards
            Online top ten members
            Kanoonline top notches
            Leaders of kanoonline
            Kings and Queens of Kanoonline
            etc
--And this board had one AWARD given stuff called KARMA

That was done when the forum was lively.

Is my mentioning a justifiable act or not? Thanks for your understanding.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Abdalla on January 14, 2010, 11:42:58 PM
I think I agree with Bakan Gizo.  It has moved from a discourse to abuse. I lay it to rest, for I have seen that bubbling under the thin veneer of respect are deep rooted resentments and chasms of inadequacies and paranoia, with tinge of sexual inadequacy. Good heavens, it is only beginning to dawn on me now!

Jibo, you win -- you have defeatd the useless intellectual called Prof. Abdalla Uba Adamu, who like all other useless worthless northern intellectuals have no actionable plan to salvage their region, even though that action plan has been written and given to them in triplicate. Anybody who can defeat the powerful Saminu Turaki (and I thought it was the EFCC) must surely be a powerful human being.

I can see the butterflies, the mushrooms and the clouds you are seeing. And the kaleidescope colors. Yes, I can even hear the harps.  Nurse, injections, please, and the straight-jacket.

Abdalla

Salam sir, I think it will be good to make it categorically and abundantly clear to each and every member of this forum who cares to read this interesting debate. That there was no word or clause in my treatise that I called, labelled or said to our learned prof is " useless prof or intellectual". Sir, all the points I was trying to make are about your engagement with cultural promotion such as Barmani Coge, Sa'adu Bori and co. that you try to make them useful tools for our societal development, which I think may be unwholesome to our values.  However, I AM SORRY AND I BEGGED FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS SIR. You are  my teacher and our guide in all we do here on board. And  one thing I will never do is to abuse someone. Sai kace wanda bashi da hankali ? Haba sir! You are  a teacher and a very senior for tht matter.

AT MY VERY GOOD FRIEND WAZIRI:
You are my close confidant, and still remain one. When I woke up this morning and saw your more than 7 missed calls, I get to understand that there's fire on the mountain. And the only way to avoid it is to deliberately avoid it, because it will definitely turn out to be wilder than this debate and may consume both of us. Lol!!! Waziri I remain apologetic over what transpired. Its just that kasan yadda halin abokin naka yake da tsokana. This time around Waziri and Prof are not lucky because the tsokana has dawn on them lol!!!

Kuma kasan cewar mu disciples na Paul Mamzas, Abdallas, and Bala Usmans sai a hankali. Su ma yanzu sun san cewar mu by-products din abubuwan da suka koya mana ne. And God willing we will continue to make them proud anyday. As I said my own method is always bold and serious
AT BAKAN GIZO, DAN BARNO AND CO:
Please forgive and forget my actions and inactions. Its just that the boy is full of personal temerity that most a times leads him into a state of schizophrenic overzealousness( not paranoia as Prof wants have you believe, lol).
Will continue to stick to the point Bakan Gizo, but I know my own things are beyond verbosity. A topic like mine as inspired by Bala Usman threatens verbosity vagueness and waffle. Lol!!!

Sai ai hakuri a garemu domin jazabace taddibe mu. Lol!!!

Finally,

AT MUHSIN AND SALISU DAN YARO:

I wish you luck Muhsin.  We bothered to come this far just to allow you learn from our mistakes so as not to make you a victim of circumstance. I remain loyal to all our honourable k-online members.

Webmaster you can now tell it to everyone; not only muhsin, but also  the whole world that your shouders remain highly held, becuase Kanoonline is still alive and kicking- ITS NEVER DEAD MUHSIN.
So chapter closed!
Jibo.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

lionger

Ahem, so in view of the surprising and entirely hilarious turn this thread has taken, is the forum still dead ??  ;D ;D

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
I think a lot has been written on this thread.
The originator of the thread did not anticipate all the reactions recorded.

My only concern is that in most cases members have overraected this can be learnt lessons. Don Allah (SWT) mu rinka tausaya da girmama juna wajen zanchenmu.

The fact is Kanoonline is ALIVE and I probably thought the topic should have been: What can we do to improve KNline?

I have learnt lots of good things from this great forum and am sure so many others.

Most important I have made good good good friends. Many of us have established life-lasting relationships- we have been calling daily, visiting, exchanging gifts, etc. haba yan uwa muji tsoron Allah (SWT) kuma mu gode maSa don wannan hanyar sada zumunchi da muka samu. Kunga har wani kedari ya fara shigowa yana mana gwalo!!
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

Quote from: Muhsin on January 15, 2010, 12:00:49 PM

--Muhsin is NOT the most prolific poster on KanoOnline, but GGNK and Auntie are. Take a look at the number of their postings.
       *GGNK has 2970,
       *Husnaa has 2818
       *while young Muhsin 2605.

YAY!
Everybody should take note....lol 8)

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

_Waziri_

Nuruddeen,

I tried calling you only to find out what went wrong since you know we've not seen or talked for the last three months and there was no way I would know the condition in which you made those spiting posts. When you didn't pick the calls, I called Abdurrazak to ask him if he is aware of anything going wrong with you in recent times. He said he didn't know.  I met Dr. Suleiman Idris at the mosque during Friday prayers for being him a medical doctor with some knowledge  of psychiatry I thought he could be able to say if something went wrong somewhere.

Then here are you with your explanations which have to accepted since we have no option. I have forgiven you actually as much as am not surprised since I have prepared my mind against this since the first few weeks I met you seven years ago. As you know many people actually wonder aloud why I am very close to you in spite of the fact that we are too different in mental outlook and preferences. For lack of explanation, I tell them it is possible we have a destiny doing things together.

I came in and drawn your attention to certain truths after I had seen your first reply to Prof., that's to protect you from yourself again as I always try doing, but then you did it again and sparing me NOT this time.  I feel it is not a good practice to be forgetful of those favors we receive from others even if they were just smiles. In fact it is a  privilege to have certain people responding to what you write, engaging you at the level of thought. I know you've said so many good things about me here and everywhere and I am not the type that  can easily forget those things. So contrary to what you may have thought when you saw my missed calls, I only called to check if there is anywhere I can help a dear friend.

Finally and on a very strong note, I believe with the way things are going in our country,  I doubt much if we can  do to Arewa or Nigeria what Prof. in his little capacity has done. I mean on the basis of comparison even if not in the same areas of endeavors.

Anyway, I am glad you've apologized as I am sure Prof. will find it easy to overlook everything. I'll also urge admin to delete those posts you did with such claims that posterity may not hold us hostages to them.

Waziri

Nuruddeen

Quote from: _Waziri_ on January 16, 2010, 09:12:05 AM
Nuruddeen,

I tried calling you only to find out what went wrong since you know we've not seen or talked for the last three months and there was no way I would know the condition in which you made those spiting posts. When you didn't pick the calls, I called Abdurrazak to ask him if he is aware of anything going wrong with you in recent times. He said he didn't know.  I met Dr. Suleiman Idris at the mosque during Friday prayers for being him a medical doctor with some knowledge  of psychiatry I thought he could be able to say if something went wrong somewhere.

Then here are you with your explanations which have to accepted since we have no option. I have forgiven you actually as much as am not surprised since I have prepared my mind against this since the first few weeks I met you seven years ago. As you know many people actually wonder aloud why I am very close to you in spite of the fact that we are too different in mental outlook and preferences. For lack of explanation, I tell them it is possible we have a destiny doing things together.

I came in and drawn your attention to certain truths after I had seen your first reply to Prof., that's to protect you from yourself again as I always try doing, but then you did it again and sparing me NOT this time.  I feel it is not a good practice to be forgetful of those favors we receive from others even if they were just smiles. In fact it is a  privilege to have certain people responding to what you write, engaging you at the level of thought. I know you've said so many good things about me here and everywhere and I am not the type that  can easily forget those things. So contrary to what you may have thought when you saw my missed calls, I only called to check if there is anywhere I can help a dear friend.

Finally and on a very strong note, I believe with the way things are going in our country,  I doubt much if we can  do to Arewa or Nigeria what Prof. in his little capacity has done. I mean on the basis of comparison even if not in the same areas of endeavors.

Anyway, I am glad you've apologized as I am sure Prof. will find it easy to overlook everything. I'll also urge admin to delete those posts you did with such claims that posterity may not hold us hostages to them.

Waziri

Actually I bow down not to say a word after the post before this one. However, I think where you got yourself too economical with the truth is: if you did not see my posts before calling why did you meet another friend of mine ( Abubakar Falaki) and told him that you were not happy with the write up I made.
Look, Waziri, I just apologised to you in the spirit of spotmanship and profound camaraderie, but not because I commit any crime. I stated what happened between you and I as  an example of what a friend can do to a friend.  And just to make us learn from our mistakes.If you could remember very well, the very day you hide those addresses that we "laboured" together, I met you face to face and expressd my anger to you. Remember? So I did not owe you apology based on this in anyway. This was something that we started in good faith, but  you eventually proved to us that you are somehow. In fact, what baffled some of us, especially Mallam Idris, is the way you denied anyone of us access to the contacts of all the confab attendees. You even told us that you have consulted your Malam or that  you did some  prayers that the stuff will be left in custody at the bank? Remember? So between you and I, who's suppose to consult a doctor for PSYCHIATRIC findings?

If you noticed, since  then I tread softly in the way and manner I interact with you. The last time you were busy calling me on phone to know my whereabouts i.e. immediately I came back from Cotonou, I avoided coming, because I just want to create a distance.

And I feel you are very much aware of my lifestyle as a friend. I don't allow something to deter me from what I think I can achieve either alone or in group. For now I am more or less a lone ranger, and in sha Allah I will scout for some people that I believe we can contribute and assist the  dying north. And I want to remain like this for a while before embarking on any Arewa consultative group project.

Surely, you may wish to tell on board that it was not you that caused a major set back, but Dr. Chafe and co. However,  you too need to take some responsibility dear. You may be astonished over this, but honestly speaking I did not mean to hurt your feelings in anyway. It's just that  when we were debating here on board, you decided to show me that you can preside over me or what? After all, in terms of age , I believe you are not older than myself that you can tell me what is right or wrong.

It was a debate and intellectual exchange that we do here at k-online and nothing else. So why the "bigmanism"? And I think  we are all matured enough to put a limit or restrain ourselves to what can be said and what cannot. That is why when I noticed the  euphoria and momentum over what's happening, I quickly apologise. If you noticed it, Prof was not happy over the way and manner the debate took another shape. I apologised to him from the bottom of my heart. Because he is more or less like a father. So I am fully on track dear.

You said you would ask Salisu Danyaro- the webmaster to delete this  topic or post. WHY???? Because Waziri feels offended or disappointed?
Well, as far as I know, Waziri we always agree to disagree. So it's not a must that anytime we have to come to term on certain issues like this one.

If you ask Salisu to delete the post or whatever, so be it. And in sha Allah we we shall give a breathing space to the Site. After all, one is just trying very hard to create time out of no time to say a word or two.  We all have our primary works doing. In fact, you too  may sense it, becuase you no longer hear  of me often in Zaria. You even askd those our friends that we are together. So it's time that is precious to some us Waziri.

Finally, I will be coming to Zaria in a week or two and if you happened to be around, I will check in Allah ya yarda. My relationship with you still remain in tact. Unless you want to call it off, becuase I said something that I feel people like our brother Muhsin can learn from it.
Jibo.

_Waziri_

Well, Nuruddeen, suit yourself. I did not say I didn't see your post before my comments. In fact I said clearly I did and have talked  to some people trying to find out what went wrong with you to come out with the spiting posts. All after I tried calling you and you did not pick. I didn't tell them I was not happy with what you did. I only asked them for some kind of explanation if they could give any.

I have never been the type who blames others, for my problems or that of the North or Nigeria and I'll let you, if you want to, tell the world that, I truly think Dr. Kabiru Chafe, a human being like me is the problem of the universe. The world then will hold you responsible for that and any killings, bombings, and the armed robbery  you want to report to it I did.

It is you who choose to tell whoever cares to listen that I am your close confident as sometimes you say(exaggerate) that I am your closest. I wonder if you had those closests before meeting me seven years ago? If you ever had where are they now?  Why are they no longer your "closests"? And now that you've deliberately created distance away from me how do you plan to get another set of the closests? How safe are you that they will not turn out to be as evil as I am?

Whatever the case maybe Nuruddeen I like what you write here on board and would like you to continue writing like this. I knew definitely that someday you would do this and I am not surprised or angry a bit. I'll only respond to you at my pleasure and to what I feel should be responded at that will encourage you to talk more and more like the questions I asked above, do they have answers ready for public consumption?

Abdalla

Gentlemen

It is now becoming clear that skeletons are being dug out of the closets -- and I am not sure we would want to see them. We have moved away from the topic so much that new readers to the posting would be scratching their heads wondering what's going on. I must caution on the need to stick to the point, and if we have exhausted it, then close it, or lock it. Debates should be based on the issue at hand, not personal denigrations. I must state, though, I am highly disappointed, and would certainly evaluate my thoughts and feelings about alot of things and people in the future.

Abdalla