News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The Rise, Reign and Retrogressing of Governor Shekarau

Started by Muhsin, August 16, 2010, 10:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on August 25, 2010, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: Suleman on August 25, 2010, 04:33:15 PM
I make bold to say that Rimi's administration (a civilian one for that matter) that only lasted 1 tenure, has done more progressive things for kano than the last 8 years of ANPP. How about that? Unfair also I guess?

Gaskiya ban yarda ba.

GGNK, Rimi was voted into power in 1979, u were how old? Not born then. So how can u agree with any of his achievements seeing that u werent there when they occurred?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
For my part, I am wholly behind Sulaiman and Muhsin. Indeed Shekarau ya sha giyar milki ya chanza. There is no doubt about that. To give a misali wata ýar gada a unguwar mu, took almost six months to be repaired. It would have cost only 5 million naira with manual labor provided by workers of the ministry of works, but it was awarded as kwangila for 40 million naira and when it was finally opened, the road wasnt even tarred. Sai kwananan a ka zuba kwaltar bayan kusan shekara daya, kuma I think even that one was given out as a separate job to either someone or as I think now, the ministry of works may have been responsible for it becos it was done in no time at all and without much inconvenience to road users.
Kwanakin baya na je asibitin murtala wajen imajemsi section din, kurum kyankyasu ne ke lugude a kasa, sai zarnin fitsari, kuma at that time gwamnan kano anyi masa haihuwa, ya tafi london ya dubo jaririn da matar ta haifa a asibiti a ingila. KUMA SAI ACE A NA ADALCI ANAN? Muhin fadi abinda ranka yake so, you are correct. Both Dan Borno and GGNK ba mazauna Kano bane, so they dont have the mandate to argue with those of us wanda we are directly affected by milkin shekarau every single day.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Suleman

Quote from: gogannaka on August 25, 2010, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: Suleman on August 25, 2010, 04:33:15 PM
I make bold to say that Rimi's administration (a civilian one for that matter) that only lasted 1 tenure, has done more progressive things for kano than the last 8 years of ANPP. How about that? Unfair also I guess?

Gaskiya ban yarda ba.

I was hoping you would take me on that. To start with he set up the agency for mass education, the most successfull adult education program at that time in the whole of Africa (according to UNESCO, bani na fada ba). Me personally, I know a lot of women who went to makarantar library and on to University. The setting up of CTV kano and Triumph newspapers, the first state owned media in the North, is another achievement which clearly shows more vision than the peculiar road resurfacing projects that all other mediocre governments pride themselves on. He set up WRECA, Rural electricity board, KASCO & KNARDA which if you care to find out have achieved a lot in bettering the lives of 'mazauna karakara' especially. The REB, it was reported, had electrified 180 villages in just 1 year of its establishment. Kafin Hausa which is 200km from Kano is one of such villages that I personally can attest to. Also kar ka manta cewa, during his time Jigawa state was part of Kano which meant that the little that was available had to be stretched to serve a wider area. Investment house opposite Gidan Murtala is another achievement of his, as is the Magwan hotel. I think he initiated the kasuwar duniya projects one at farm centre and the other on zoo rd but I'll have to confirm. All this was achieved in 4 years.
It is a shame that we do not celebrate excellence, otherwise how come records such as this have not been documented or rather not been made available online? It took a bayerebe to bring out these achievements in a blog, the link to which is below.
My grouse is not with Shekarau but with people who celebrate mediocrity. We should learn to award everyone his due in society, without fear or favour. Let us learn to celebrate excellence and condemn mediocrity if for nothing else than to teach our younger ones the value of hard work.

http://ifeyinka.blogspot.com/2010/04/muhammed-abubakar-rimia-politician-and.html

gogannaka

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 26, 2010, 03:29:56 PM

GGNK, Rimi was voted into power in 1979, u were how old? Not born then. So how can u agree with any of his achievements seeing that u werent there when they occurred?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
For my part, I am wholly behind Sulaiman and Muhsin. Indeed Shekarau ya sha giyar milki ya chanza. There is no doubt about that. To give a misali wata ýar gada a unguwar mu, took almost six months to be repaired. It would have cost only 5 million naira with manual labor provided by workers of the ministry of works, but it was awarded as kwangila for 40 million naira and when it was finally opened, the road wasnt even tarred. Sai kwananan a ka zuba kwaltar bayan kusan shekara daya, kuma I think even that one was given out as a separate job to either someone or as I think now, the ministry of works may have been responsible for it becos it was done in no time at all and without much inconvenience to road users.
Kwanakin baya na je asibitin murtala wajen imajemsi section din, kurum kyankyasu ne ke lugude a kasa, sai zarnin fitsari, kuma at that time gwamnan kano anyi masa haihuwa, ya tafi london ya dubo jaririn da matar ta haifa a asibiti a ingila. KUMA SAI ACE A NA ADALCI ANAN? Muhin fadi abinda ranka yake so, you are correct. Both Dan Borno and GGNK ba mazauna Kano bane, so they dont have the mandate to argue with those of us wanda we are directly affected by milkin shekarau every single day.

Anty Husnaa,
I dont have to be alive to know or even gauge the performance of Abubakar Rimi. History and records will prove what he did and did not do.
Rimi like all leaders of Kano has achieved quite alot in his 1 year tenure. He has also created the evil that is consuming Kano. Rashin Kunya. He gave people the impression and belief that they don't have to pay tax for government to work for them. He also set the masses against the Emirate council which hitherto was a uniting organ and mediator in conflicts.
I still maintain my stand that Rimi has not achieved more than Shekarau.
I will not start listing what and what Shekarau has done and comparing it to Rimi. I still urge you to refer to the documentation directorate in the government house.
Some of his projects have not even been done by the federal govt. I believe the number of schools he has built far outnumber what any govt in Kano has ever built,likewise the individuals the state government sent on scholarships both in Nigeria and abroad. Ga yan pension. What he has done in human capital development is commendable. Maybe because you don't interact or happen to know the several people that benefit from it.

Tell me if you don't have coakroaches in your house. Does that mean you are a bad housekeeper too?

Like Suleman said (although he fails to implement himself), we should learn to give honour to whom honour is due.
Shekarau has acheived a lot as governor of Kano state and like every known leader,he has his bad side or weakness. However,his achievements outweigh his negativity.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on August 27, 2010, 03:32:07 PM

Tell me if you don't have coakroaches in your house. Does that mean you are a bad housekeeper too?

The point is that this is an hospital. THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY COCKROACHES ROAMING THE FLOOR OF AN HOSPITAL AND IN DISREPUTABLY LARGE  NUMBERS AS WELL!!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

Your answers are very vague, your "reasons" disputable and and generally some of the things you said funny, wallahi. Quit trying to defend undependable (so at least Shekarau stands as here). Go rest. Even the so-called talkative people of his government, who are in effect and fact just big-mouthed political bigots who shout in radio stations have begun to retreat lest you don't know. Ask your friends or brothers.

I initially intended to write a sequel to this this article but I haven't yet got the chance. For example in it I do not touch Education, i.e. one of the carelessly marginalized sector by the Shekarau-led administration. Thereof I will post one very dishearten lamentation by the KUST entangled vice-chancellor, Prof. Riruwai about how the "veteran educationists", the old principal, the incumbent governor of Kano State, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau handles things there. Enjoy your reading...

Poor funding hinders our operations in Kano varsity – Prof Garba
Thursday, 29 July 2010 00:00    Auwalu Umar, Kano

Professor Ibrahim Garba is the Vice Chancellor of Kano State University of Science and Technology (KUST). Here, he explains the numerous problems militating against the growth and development of the university, saying the institution is yet to even hold a maiden convocation 10 years after take-off.

How would you reflect meeting the university when you formally assumed office as the vice chancellor?

It gives us worry in the university that 10 years after establishing the institution, we are still struggling. I think there are fundamental problems and some of these problems date back to the inception of the university. Some of them are so fundamental that it will be a Herculean task to overcome and then continue to make progress. The first was the site of the university. It was wrongly conceived, unfortunately. This university was actually initiated in the 1980s and sited at Bagauda Lake Hotel area, the present site of the Kano campus of the Nigerian Law School. Later on they moved it to the present site in Wudil.

The drivers of government probably do not have the full idea of what it takes to be a university. They probably thought that it was just like putting up any other institution. That single act constrained the development of the university; because as I have earlier told you up to today, the two colleges that were dedicated to the university are still where they are; and there is no room for expansion.
The university took over the structures of Wudil Teachers' College and Technical College Wudil. We have to stretch ourselves to take as many students as we can because it is a state university. I cannot imagine an indigene of Kano who is qualified to be refused admission into the university. Record has shown that all the state universities that started in Nigeria were based on a virgin ground and enough money dedicated for the take-off of such institutions. Katsina State started its university on a site that was already part of ABU Teaching Hospital. We read recently that Sokoto State has allocated N8.8 billion to start building its own university. Jigawa is planning to build one.
The university, sincerely speaking, has not received enough funding to make it overcome its shortcomings in order to move forward. We also understand that there are a lot of competing demands from other agencies of government, there is no government that has enough funds for everything.

As regards the site of the university, what do you think will be the solution to the problem?

Government should find a permanent site for the university and start building structures. Government should make this place a transit or temporary site so that when the university moves over to its permanent site, this place will be a campus, faculty or college in the university. Whether we like it or not, each state will begin to rely on its own university because of the competing demand for admission. There is no indigene of Kano State that will be sure of getting admission into Bayero University Kano because it is a federal institution. But if it is our own, we can turn it the way we want. Universities are made to drive development and the people that own the university will tell us what they want it to look like.

At present, what is the level of funding by the state government?

Like I earlier said, the level of funding is very low and inadequate and that is why you hear all kinds of concerns. We don't have enough money for any capital project. Also, there is no enough money to continue to run the university on daily basis, and unfortunately for us, we have no other means of generating revenue. Our cost of diesel every month is  N1.3 million because for two weeks you cannot see electricity for half an hour. We have to spend such amount on monthly basis because you cannot teach without light.
We charge the lowest tuition fees in Nigeria, considering our environment. It will surprise you to know that Kano returning students pay only N3900 tuition per annum; students from Jigawa State pay about N8000 and others pay about N15,000. We had to add N5000 this year because we realised that the previous tuition fees were untenable since there was no funding from the state government.  We were just lucky it scaled through as they managed to pay.

Can you give an idea of how much you get monthly, quarterly or annually as running cost or overhead cost?

The overhead cost used to be N20 million per quarter and the problem is that the money does not come on time. You find out that when a request is sent, government approves it immediately but getting the money out is very difficult.
Kano business mogul, Alhaji Aminu Dantata, was constructing a N300 million faculty in the university, but somehow the philanthropist was said to have withdrawn his support for the project.

What really went wrong?

I wasn't here when that project started, but I met Aminu Dantata on this issue and he has explained the difficulties he had and why he had to pause. I think he made a pledge to build a structure for about N200 million. He was given the site and design, and he started the building. It was a very large building.
But along the line, the contract was reviewed because it was not conceived well; they mixed up a lot of things.  The cost of the project escalated by about N50 million when it was reviewed. And he said since he had pledged to spend a certain amount, the state government should pay for the variation on the project.  That was exactly what happened.

It is now 10 years since the take-off of the institution but the university is yet to hold its convocation, why?

We have graduated five sets of students in the fields of engineering and science and there was never a convocation ceremony to honour them. You see, convocation is not just a ceremony; in fact, it is a statutory function of the university. Each university must have a convocation that admits students into it. Convocations are ceremonies you do to investiture people that graduated from that school and for life they are part of these institutions. Convocations are also used to honour working people.
Our chancellor, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has not been installed since he was appointed, almost two years now. Convocation ceremony is used to install the chancellor, showcase the university to the public and extend your hands of friendship to people to attract some funds to sustain or support the university.
We have already concluded all arrangements required to hold the maiden convocation where degrees will be conferred on over 500 students. The proposal is receiving government attention, and as soon as government gives us the necessary support, we will fix a date for the convocation.

How has failure to organise convocation affected the image of the university?

People even wonder whether there is a university here. We are not known beyond this place. There are many instances when we go to functions where people erroneously say we are from Bayero University, and when we say no, they ask, 'Is there any other university in Kano?' 

DAILY TRUST
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

P:S

Well said Suleiman and Aunt Husnaa. BTW, 1000 days aunty; hope you've been doing fine.

And, I'll inshaAllah respond to some of your claims, GGNK. Eh? Respond or debunk? We'll see.

A sha ruwa lafiya.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Quote from: Muhsin on August 28, 2010, 02:46:18 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Your answers are very vague, your "reasons" disputable and and generally some of the things you said funny, wallahi. Quit trying to defend undependable (so at least Shekarau stands as here). Go rest. Even the so-called talkative people of his government, who are in effect and fact just big-mouthed political bigots who shout in radio stations have begun to retreat lest you don't know. Ask your friends or brothers.

LOL, Muhsin on the contrary,it is your answers that seem funny and generally ambiguous.
You still haven't given a single obvious fact that will undoubtedly negate the achievements of Shekarau.
The interview you posted does not in any way accuse Shekarau in the problems of the University.
As you are aware,shekarau inherited the University and he (for your information) dissociated the institution with politics. Hitherto,the University was run like a PDP organ. He appointed carrier and non partisan educationists to run the institution. You don't know that because your eyes are so closed you are just looking for his mistakes.
Besides,what has a convocation ceremony has to do with his failure as a leader. A ceremony where 'dignitaries' will be given 'honorary' degrees and it will be aired for 1 minute on NTA,a lecture delivered by a 'renowned' big man,where most of the graduating students are busy trying to spot who and who graced the occassion. Had this been held during his regime,would that have earned him respect by you?

Muhsin,the success of a university is the calibre and quality of graduates it produces,not the convocation ceremonies it holds.

Husnaa was even more close at giving a reason for her dislike. She hates cockroaches and she happened to see cockroaches in a government hospital therefore she hates Shekarau.
Husnaa,i asked around and have confirmed that cockroaches do not pose any health hazard to patients....lol.
The hospital you went to has a management and a board responsible for the upkeep of the hospital and its general cleanliness. If you had been to the hospital and say you didn't see doctors attending to patients or the hospital turning away patients then your argument could be given serious attention,amma dai dan kin ga kyankyaso gaskiya ke ma wasa kike.

Please let us not be blinded by hatred. Hate him for a reason please.

Nuruddeen

Quote from: gogannaka on August 27, 2010, 03:32:07 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on August 26, 2010, 03:29:56 PM

Anty Husnaa,
I dont have to be alive to know or even gauge the performance of Abubakar Rimi. History and records will prove what he did and did not do.
Rimi like all leaders of Kano has achieved quite alot in his 1 year tenure. He has also created the evil that is consuming Kano. Rashin Kunya. He gave people the impression and belief that they don't have to pay tax for government to work for them. He also set the masses against the Emirate council which hitherto was a uniting organ and mediator in conflicts.
I still maintain my stand that Rimi has not achieved more than Shekarau.
I will not start listing what and what Shekarau has done and comparing it to Rimi. I still urge you to refer to the documentation directorate in the government house.
Some of his projects have not even been done by the federal govt. I believe the number of schools he has built far outnumber what any govt in Kano has ever built,likewise the individuals the state government sent on scholarships both in Nigeria and abroad. Ga yan pension. What he has done in human capital development is commendable. Maybe because you don't interact or happen to know the several people that benefit from it.

Like Suleman said (although he fails to implement himself), we should learn to give honour to whom honour is due.
Shekarau has acheived a lot as governor of Kano state and like every known leader,he has his bad side or weakness. However,his achievements outweigh his negativity.

Salam Gogannaka, I think to compare Rimi and Shekarau in terms of development project, is just to waste time revolving around some of the restrospective circumstance(s) that made pple  see Shekarau as religious opportunist who used all tactics and power play to deceive Kano ppl.

You see it is a great shame on Shekarau and his clarion call on Adaidaita Sahu if up to today he cannot put set Kano ppl in their righful place. The morality issue that he claims  entrenching in the minds of Kano ppl is still at large.

Goga, u know and I knw that what Kano needs at this crucial time of global developmnt initiatives is not road expansion.  Everybody knows that what you need are flyovers at Aminu Kano roundabout, Sabon Gari, Batter and some terrible places that bring commotion. In the whole of Kano city there is no single flyover dear besides the one that is under construction along Zaria road. What a shame? Can't Shekarau take example from Kawo flyover in Kaduna? Those days the Kawo junction was a terrible place to passby, but today its now a thing of the past.

As far Rimi( Allah yaji kan rai ya kuma sa ya huta), one will live to remember his yesterdays when Kano  joined her counterpart States like Lagos by having traffic lights-courtesy of  Rimi's hard-earned effort. Rimi was the one that brought political consciousness via his NEPU policy of confronting the "untouchables". He really opened up the political spectrum for ppl to knw their rights from left.  As  disciple of Honourable Mallam Aminu Kano of blessed memory( May their souls rest in perfect peace), Rimi championed the cause of Talaka with grandeur and passion for the downtrodden.
For Shekarau, it is very dangerous for ppl to be identifying  their government as Allah's own, but in the end they delve into deception. You know its  a very very dangerous thing to do this in Islam. Mallam Shekarau in my view has not done enough to earn the credit of a performer in Kanon Dabo. However, we  cannot say he did not do anything for Kanawa. At least  his water project is something that he will be remembered someday. He also settled the pension of Marasa Galihu Bayin Allah Tsofaffi since 1975. Amma dai kama da wane bata wane Dan uwa. Lol!!!
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

gogannaka

QuoteSalam Gogannaka, I think to compare Rimi and Shekarau in terms of development project, is just to waste time revolving around some of the restrospective circumstance(s) that made pple  see Shekarau as religious opportunist who used all tactics and power play to deceive Kano ppl.

W/salam,
Nura, people always accuse Shekarau of using religion to deceive Kano people.
How did Shekarau deceive the Kano people using religion. Ko kai ma kana daga cikin wadanda suka dauka da Shekarau ya hau mulki Kano zata koma kamar afghanistan? Zai tara gemu ya nade wando ya rinka bi gida gida yana tambaya ko an ci abinci ko ba'a ci ba?
Ko dan ana ce mai mallam? Malamin aji ne ba malamin al'kurani ba...lol

About adaidaita sahu kuma, Shekarau cannot forcefully change the people's morality. That is the whole essence of the program ai. To enlighten people on the need to change their bad attitudes and become positive minded,masu sanin ya kamata.
Unfortunately the people in the state (dama ba'a iya wa dan kano) feel they don't need no attitudinal change. We will see if the negative attitude will change the state.

Regarding the flyovers, i agree that Kano needs flyovers. But i don't quite agree with you that the metro roads don't need expansion. Kano is past the stage of having single lane roads in the metropolis consideering the population and car traffic. His expansion projects are well deserved if not overdue. The expansion will set the stage for the flyovers.
Also,for your information,all the flyovers in Kaduna(kai har da lagos ma) were built by the federal government.

Yawwa, Husnaa,that bridge you were referring to. I find it hard to believe that N5 million can build a bridge ko da kuwa direct labour ne. Haba, nawa ne buhun siminti da rodi sannan kuma nawa aka yo hayar excavator da compactor,ga dutse ga yashi ga ruwa ga kwalta. Abeg lets be realistic.
Gwamnati takan bada kwangila don wasu su samu arziki kuma wasu kamfaninnika su zauna da gindin su kuma matasa su samu aiki. Shine ci gaban ai.
Ina kika taba ganin gwamnatin da bata bada kwangila.

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

GGNK,

You had me, literally speaking, grinning. Who's being blinded by hatred? Not Muhsin because among the cases I presented none is debunked yet by you, DB or anyone else. Secondly, I boldly mention that Shekarau has engaged in doing palpable, physical project during his second tenure. What is this please? A fact or a lie? Justice or injustice to him? And if I am truly blinded, as you falsely said, would I say as such? No, of course.

But you, being blinded by love, couldn't see the truth; even in broad day light, you couldn't notice aforesaid. Additionally you skipped, in that interview, where an obvious fact that has undoubtedly negated the achievements of Shekarau is stated:

QuoteKano business mogul, Alhaji Aminu Dantata, was constructing a N300 million faculty in the university, but somehow the philanthropist was said to have withdrawn his support for the project.

What really went wrong?

I wasn't here when that project started, but I met Aminu Dantata on this issue and he has explained the difficulties he had and why he had to pause. I think he made a pledge to build a structure for about N200 million. He was given the site and design, and he started the building. It was a very large building.
But along the line, the contract was reviewed because it was not conceived well; they mixed up a lot of things.  The cost of the project escalated by about N50 million when it was reviewed. And he said since he had pledged to spend a certain amount, the state government should pay for the variation on the project.  That was exactly what happened.

Please explain above to me; forget the rest obviously stated inabilities therein the interview. lol In addition, I was in the university last week, Wednesday attending a conference. We had this sort of talk in a round table discussion. One student, a friend, said you can hardly see a single building which was started and finished by the State Government. He further explained that virtually all the buildings were built, equipped, etc by ETF. Although I had no ample time to supervise this thoroughly but WALLAHI up to the time we left I couldn't see any.

Lest you don't know: I know that university very well. I knew it since its take-up time. My sister lived with her husband in the university vicinity; my "brother" was among the first admitted students; I schooled at GTC Wudil; and I still ocassionally visit it, as I did last week. Quite true Shekarau de-politicized it. But what he is doing to it is below mediocrity.

And in broader term, education is really suffering in Kano. Shekarau summarily suffocates it. I just finished my Teaching Practice weeks ago. Hence don't dare telling me what I know better than you do (I even wonder if you do, for I really don't think you attended the schools I did, or the ones I refer to when I say education is marginalized in Kano).

Shekarau builds Duplex Classes in some schools; but that is not enough. He again recruited teachers; yet thats not enough. Why? In the latter case, what kind of teachers are employed? English teachers who cannot write an informal letter; Maths teachers who cannot solve simple algebra; Geography teachers who cannot differentiate between "whether" and "weather", or "excursion" and "execution"; Islamic Studies teachers who cannot flawlessly write Fatiha in Arabic; Chemistry teachers who cannot tell you the chemical formula of water; etc? In the former, there are numerous schools where there is no single well-structured desk in classes. I know many to mention names, wallahi. And in some, there are more than 150 students/pupils per class.

Concerning teachers welfare. Hmm. Don't unearth that, for the story is demoralizing.

Finally, I am still waiting for the answers to the challenge I crop up, viz:

1—Explanation regarding the local government election

2—Shekarau's foray into his party's gubernatorial candidatures of some people

3—Demolition of people's tents, althought that was once briefly discussed on this board.

4--Adaidaita Sahu achievements or otherwise. There's a need for more expatiation.

5--His being too soft, too apologetic toward the mischievous actions of his government office holders.

6—And the remaining.

Waiting... Thanks.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

To somebody who spent over ten years working to improve the education system in Kano I find this thread very depressing. But the seeds of incompetence and corruption were very obvious even as we went forward in the 1970s and the 1980s.

Incompetence feeds corruption. Corruption feeds on incompetence. At the bottom of all of Nigeria's probelems is dishonesty and monumental theft.
I talked for a very short time to the late, great Aminu Kano. He looked for very little from this world except progress of the society that included the poor people of the North. He was very, very aware of the problems to come in Nigeria and he died just as he was about to get some power to do something about everything.
maigemu

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Wadanda aka rusa ma shago ko gida, don wasu aiyukan ci gaban kasa, Allah (SWT) Ya basu hakuri kuma Ya mayar masu da alkhairi. Mu rage sukar shugabanni mu basu shawara yadda mu ma idan muka kai irin wannan matsayin ma sami ma su yima mana du'a'i.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Nuruddeen

Quote from: EMTL on August 30, 2010, 05:07:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
Wadanda aka rusa ma shago ko gida, don wasu aiyukan ci gaban kasa, Allah (SWT) Ya basu hakuri kuma Ya mayar masu da alkhairi. Mu rage sukar shugabanni mu basu shawara yadda mu ma idan muka kai irin wannan matsayin ma sami ma su yima mana du'a'i.

WANNAN GASKIYA NE YA MU'ALLIM.  ALLAH YA YAFE MANA KURAKURAN MU. ALLAH YA TAIMAKI WADANNAN SHUGABANNI NAMU YASA SU GANE SU TAUSAYAWA TALAKAWA. IDAN KUMA BA MASU GYARUWA BANE ALLAH DAN ZATIN KA KA KAWAR MANA DASU KA BAMU WANDA SUKA FISU. AMEEN
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

Quote from: EMTL on August 30, 2010, 05:07:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Wannan gaskiya ne. Amma Wallahi bi Rabbul Ka'abah shago na an rusa shi ba don aiyukan ci gaban kasa ba. Allah idan sharri nayi wa gwammanti ka saka mata ka bi mata hakkin ta ranar gobe qiyama; hakaza idan gaskiya nake Allah ka saka min ka bi min hakkina ranar gobe kiyama.

gogannaka

Muhsin,
I am not blinded by love. Even if i were,then I'd rather be blinded by love than by hatred.

The reference you made regarding the construction of the facility by Aminu Dantata is no reason to negate all the achievement of the regime. Aminu Dantata is a philanthropist and the project he embarked upon is done at his own discretion and pace. It is a completely voluntary project which he can decide to abandon at any stage.
If you don't know, Aminu Dantata at the very beginning of the regime promised to construct projects in all state constituencies worth N400million. The state government at that time formed a committee,under the office of the SSG,to manage all voluntary projects and donations from individuals and corporate bodies. The committee is responsible for sighting the projects,evaluating them in liaison with the relevant ministry and then sourcing the money from the Individual/corporate body and finally carrying out the project. I happen to be very very close to one of the members of the committee and till today(8yrs) not up to N100million was released from Aminu Dantata. The reason is, he simply cannot afford it and it isn't easy for him to admit. So wani B******t about state government not paying up N50million that's why the project stopped is no reason. After-all,that money can be put to better use (like sponsoring the lecturers for further studies they're doing now). Anyhow sha, the building will be completed,don't worry.

I would like to know if you comprehend the way ETF works. If the state government had wanted to sabotage wudil it would have diverted the ETF funds to other state educational institutions. I think because you have a close pal in Wudil that is why you think KUST is the only fundamental educational institution in Kano.

You claim i don't have knowledge about the educational system in Kano.Don't say what you cannot substantiate please. My parents are all educationists,core educationists for that matter(both at state and federal level). I did voluntary teaching in many primary and secondary schools far before you entered the university so i know the state of education in Kano.
Shekarau did not only build duplex classes in Kano,he built brand new Primary and secondary schools in places you don't even have an idea. And i tell you,no other government has built new schools from scratch like his regime. Go and verify. I agree that might not be enough but at least he has done something viable and worth emulating.Please learn to give honour where it is due.
About teachers incompetence,i can but only laugh at your assertion. How is it Shekarau's fault that they don't know what they were taught in the places they earned their degrees. Isn't it more of a general failure in the nations educational system?
I am of the opinion that it is time we recruit foreigners as teachers to boost our educational sector. Nura Jibo once started a thread when Jigawa state wanted to engage foreign professors and you can follow up my opinion on that thread.

QuoteFinally, I am still waiting for the answers to the challenge I crop up, viz:

Here are my answers:

Quote1—Explanation regarding the local government election
The local government election was held and opportunity was given to the aggrieved contestants to appeal the election.
I am not a court of law or election tribunal.

Quote2—Shekarau's foray into his party's gubernatorial candidatures of some people
Shekarau like any other party member has a right to endorse the candidate of his own choice. Obviously, the people he didn't endorse will accuse him of foul play. I assure you that whoever he endorses will meet the same opposition. And you cannot say that because he does not want opposition he should keep mum over the issue. Whether or not he endorses a candidate,the political situation will always be confusing to you.
The ANPP will conclude who becomes the flagbearer via a primary election within the party executives.
If you had followed the event right from before he endorsed takai, Ni na ji da kunne na, where all the contestants promised to support whoever he endorses as his successor (wasu ma har cewa suka yi a rubuta saboda record,yes Kabiru Gaya) thinking that he was going to throw his weight behind them. Now when it turned out he didn't support them they now turned their back against him. Typical politicians.

Quote3—Demolition of people's tents, although that was once briefly discussed on this board.
It wasn't briefly discussed. It was extensively discussed in that thread.
Idan za'ayi gyara irin wannan then there is bound to be consequences.
Most of the shops demolished were not granted by the government. Where they granted the space,adequate compensation was given to the affected people.
I don't feel happy that your shop was demolished and i pray to Allah to give you much more than you lost in a proper and legal place.
However,as Kano tries to reclaim its past beauty there is bound to be numerous of such exercises. The way i see it sha, the people do not want such change. Allah wadaran naka ya lalace.
If only the people of Kano would travel far and wide to see how backward they are.

Quote4--Adaidaita Sahu achievements or otherwise. There's a need for more expatiation.
What more expatiation do you need?
Adaidaita sahu is an awareness campaign at bettering the attitude of the people. Some have changed some have not.
Sai dai kuma idan bulala kake so ka ga ana yi wa mutane.
One area where the adaidaita Sahu has succeeded is in the Hausa movie industry. The sanitized the sector and the movies produced today are much better than the ones before it. Ko ba haka ba?

Quote5--His being too soft, too apologetic toward the mischievous actions of his government office holders.

That is one of my reservations about Shekarau too. I'd rather he be red eyed(jan ido in hausa,pardon my direct translation)
But everybody has his own way of dealing with subordinates. Management is not as easy as you think it is,especially in a state like Kano.

Quote6—And the remaining.
What are the remaining.