News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

REHABILITATING INDUSTRIES IN KANO

Started by Anonymous, January 05, 2004, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

For more than 10 to 15 years Kano industries seems to be deteriorating at an alarming rate, to such an extennt that I am sure now a visitor to Kano can count the number of industries that are working within a day if not half. About 3 years ago I was sent by my Organisation to conduct a survey, I took the pains of venturing into other areas that are not relevantto my survey.  what I discovered till today is making my heart to bleed.

The above problem was brought about by so many factors which may require another survey to determine the extent of the damage caused by each factor. The following I believe are some of the factors:
1. For decades Kano merchants have been engaging only on trading neglecting other areas of investment e.g production based bussinesses.
2.Lack of orientation by successive Goverments of the bussiness sector to diversify into production based ventures.
3.Neglect of cottage industries e.g Pot making and ceramics, hide and skin and other untapped areas.
4.Energy, as noted most industries reportedly complained of lack electricity and the attendant high cost of maintaining their power generating system.
5.Lack of proper manpower development by the industries.
6.The declining state of the rail system and the sorry state of our airport.
7.Lack of dry port.
There are a lot of factors which I will not be able to discuss here. It should be noted that, the above factors are just summary of group of factors which will be expantiated at a later date in sha ALLAH.  

minister

The problem of kano industries just like that of other industries accross the country is multiferious. The major issue has always been POWER (i.e electricity to run these places). If this issue could be tackled by the present government maybe through independent power generation then all other related problems are likely to come a lot easier to tackle. Imagine a situation where all the industries at Sharada, Bompai and Challawa are resuscitated. The multiplier effects are unimaginable. Crime will go down. Street begging will go down. Parents will be able to at least earn something to educate their wards. some social responsibilities of govt will be undertaken by these companies and the excess funds channelled to other uses. I can go on and on. I am urging the government to really look at this concept of Independent Power Generation and see how it works.

Minister

Dante

Salam,

This is great problem affecting the industry business in kano
state. We pray that the government & merchants will do
somsing about it.

[img]http://dantatafamiy.com/kano/tutarnajeriya.gif[/imp]
BTNGWTO
I.AADSAI

Garba_serkik

mr minister...are u not the government..are u not among those responsible...if u are really genuine why not urge ur fellow ministers to invest in independent power supply afterall the states are largely funded for this type of projects

QuoteThe problem of kano industries just like that of other industries accross the country is multiferious. The major issue has always been POWER (i.e electricity to run these places). If this issue could be tackled by the present government maybe through independent power generation then all other related problems are likely to come a lot easier to tackle. Imagine a situation where all the industries at Sharada, Bompai and Challawa are resuscitated. The multiplier effects are unimaginable. Crime will go down. Street begging will go down. Parents will be able to at least earn something to educate their wards. some social responsibilities of govt will be undertaken by these companies and the excess funds channelled to other uses. I can go on and on. I am urging the government to really look at this concept of Independent Power Generation and see how it works.

Minister
t nice to be important but more important to be nice ;)