News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ITS GOOD TO BE BACK.

Started by HUSNAA, March 30, 2016, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

Oh the years are rolling backwards. I am remembering the good old days when K online used to be such a vital part of my day when I was studying for a phd. The nostalgia!  I am so glad to be back and take up my other name husnaa. My facebook name is naa roo. The naa came from husnaa and the roo came from my surname farouk. i took the rou and made it roo.  My professional name or official office name is Asma T. Ibrahim though and my maiden name is Asma Ibrahim BB Farouk. Lol I feel like a chameleon with so many names.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

Facebook or twitter or most of all the other social media fora were not around when we became the konline family. I remember almost a yr ago Mudacris tried to get me hooked on twittr, yet I found I couldnt. I've never liked the way twitter worked initially. Maybe its still the sameway, I dont know, bcos I've only ever posted twice or three times on twitter!. I found twitter to be like a house whose entrance is barred. or like a house full of invisible ppl. You know they exist, but you cant see them and interact; you can only follow them.

Danborno

We respectfully and obediently refer you as our amiable Aunty and Muhsins defender.

Indeed we have learnt a lot of things. I have been all over the social media and believe me there is no better platform where knowledge and experience are spread like forum and KanoOnline in particular because of our heritage.

We are all welcome back.
langubro

admin

HUSNAA,

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you back....

Barka da dawowa...
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

Muhsin

I sincerely couldn't resist to express my wonder at how my forum auntie, Husnaa disclosed her identify unasked. I remember the day she revealed that to me via a PM and how astonished I felt afterwards. Wonders never end. It's only Allah, the Exalted, who protects but our identities are hardly hidden these days on the Internet.

And thanks for decrypting your Facebook handle. I thought it were a particular character's name from a certain film or book, wallahi. Lol!

Alhamdulillah. Although we have been interacting on the social media, FB in particular, but being here together feels differently, and of course better. I really hope the old KanoOnline Forum will bounce back, in sha Allah.

Please, who has any story of Bakan~Gizo? I really, really miss the gentleman. I hope he's just fine. I miss many others as well.

Best wishes.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Dan Borno, Muhsin, its good ti be back. Already I am feeling like Muhsins aunt, an emotion I didnt feel on fb. Also Mustapha has assumed his persona of DB to me. Its like as if we were some super heroes who assume another identity once we don on the super hero costume. In this case, its when we enter this forum.
Admin Salis Danyaro we've missed you tonnes. Weve missed yr benign low key presence in the back ground moderating us. Thank u for reviving this forum.

gogannaka

Its really good to be back on kanoonline.
It is the site that brought us all together. Infact, i got to know my wife through this forum and Alhamdulillah august 7th will be our fourth wedding anniversary.

How can we make the site it as lively and resourceful as before?

Webmaster sent me an email and i have been pondering over it.
I have some few suggestions which i think might help and i will share them soonest inshaAllah.
I feel everyone should bring up suggestions.

Welcome back  ;D
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 01, 2016, 12:01:15 AM
Dan Borno, Muhsin, its good ti be back. Already I am feeling like Muhsins aunt, an emotion I didnt feel on fb. Also Mustapha has assumed his persona of DB to me. Its like as if we were some super heroes who assume another identity once we don on the super hero costume. In this case, its when we enter this forum.
Admin Salis Danyaro we've missed you tonnes. Weve missed yr benign low key presence in the back ground moderating us. Thank u for reviving this forum.

Hahahaha! I am also feeling like your nephew.  ;D But DB is always DB. Lol!

Quote from: gogannaka on April 01, 2016, 10:31:19 AM
It is the site that brought us all together. Infact, i got to know my wife through this forum and Alhamdulillah august 7th will be our fourth wedding anniversary.

I have some few suggestions which i think might help and i will share them soonest inshaAllah.

Welcome back  ;D

What a a revelation! Danborno, did you know that GGNK met his wife here and you never tell me? I would have devised a similar method to hook mine here, especially when my Auntie refused to give me her daughter.

Congratulations, GGNK. May Allāh shower more blessings upon the family, amin.

And on keeping the site alive, I also got the same email. I have a quick hint here: there should be buttons to share the posts on the forum to outside platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. For now there's only one way to share it, i.e through mail. This is ineffective, I am afraid to say.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Muhsin surely you know Fateez? She is now Mrs Hilaludeen Abubakar.
I didnt refuse you my daughter Muhsin.  She has a mind of her own you know. Besides at the time you were after her, I'd already got a person in mind for her. He was a student back then, very brilliant, got a first class in mechanical engineering and is now in the US doing his PhD. Unfortunately man proposes and God Disposes. Even that one didnt work out. So both of you guys were not meant to be her husbands. Lets leave it at that.

HUSNAA

Quote from: Danborno on March 31, 2016, 06:23:54 AM
We respectfully and obediently refer you as our amiable Aunty and Muhsins defender.

Indeed we have learnt a lot of things. I have been all over the social media and believe me there is no better platform where knowledge and experience are spread like forum and KanoOnline in particular because of our heritage.

We are all welcome back.

To whom it may concern:

Your website, Kano Online, was listed number 1 of 13 in an article about online distribution of user-generated content.  The article says that your site is of interest to citizen journalist and webmasters.  I think you should consider the write-up as an honorable mention; thus a pat on the back for good work.  Congratulations, Kano Online.

Dan Borno, The above was written on the forum  in 2010 by Baruti Kamau, one American black guy who became enamoured with Konline and became a member. I am so proud of what we have achieved and I think as we have grown older we have imbibed more experience and maturity. I hope we carry on the good work. For my part, I shall invite more ppl to join this forum. ppl like my erstwhile opinionated sisters, and my immediate boss at work who is an exceptionally intelligent man.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 01, 2016, 01:44:14 PM
Muhsin surely you know Fateez? She is now Mrs Hilaludeen Abubakar.
I didnt refuse you my daughter Muhsin.  She has a mind of her own you know. Besides at the time you were after her, I'd already got a person in mind for her. He was a student back then, very brilliant, got a first class in mechanical engineering and is now in the US doing his PhD. Unfortunately man proposes and God Disposes. Even that one didnt work out. So both of you guys were not meant to be her husbands. Lets leave it at that.

May Allah choose a far better husband for her, amin. Years ago, I know she was studying in Egypt. I hope she's through with that. Best wishes.

I of course know the member named Fateez. I just didn't know that it was her whom GGNK married. Interesting.

admin

Quote from: gogannaka on April 01, 2016, 10:31:19 AM

Welcome back  ;D

gogannaka,

I want to take this opportunity to welcome you back....

Barka da dawowa...

Yes I remember when I met  both of you at a  Supermarket in Abuja some years back... This is one of the reasons why we should endeavor to maintain our great Forum... Also there might have been other couples that met on Kano Online Forum, maybe we should start a topic about that?

I have created a new Topic with is exact question in the General Board. How can we make Kano Online Forum & Website more lively and resourceful? http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5873.0

We look forward to getting your and other members' suggestions and recommendations.

admin

Quote from: Muhsin on April 01, 2016, 11:07:59 AM

And on keeping the site alive, I also got the same email. I have a quick hint here: there should be buttons to share the posts on the forum to outside platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. For now there's only one way to share it, i.e through mail. This is ineffective, I am afraid to say.

Thank you very much Muhsin for this suggestion, I will work on this soon. This is great.

I have created a new Topic with is exact question in the General Board. How can we make Kano Online Forum & Website more lively and resourceful? http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=5873.0

We look forward to getting more of your and other members' suggestions and recommendations.

Muhsin

Quote from: admin on April 01, 2016, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Muhsin on April 01, 2016, 11:07:59 AM

Thank you very much Muhsin for this suggestion, I will work on this soon. This is great.

We look forward to getting more of your and other members' suggestions and recommendations.

You are welcome sir.

Danborno

Gogannaka, you have been tasked to woe back Bakangizo, I am sure you have his contact.

So....Danborno is still Danborno, Muhsin you need to explain this more cleverly or risk suspension.

Yes, Husnaa, we have learnt a lot even though we are not as lucky as Gogannaka who got hooked up here. I know of Nura Jibos several attempts, I also know of Legendary Waziris encounters and EMTL too, but none of them materializes like that of Gogannaka....Karaminsu Babbansu.

I am happy we are all back.
langubro