News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

From Heart to Heart: Hearken

Started by Mahir, April 05, 2016, 08:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahir

By Sulaiman Badamasi

I hope this serves as a clarion hark-back to all Muslim brethren and makes them bethink about a seemingly ignored/forgotten implication. The piece aims at shading light on the gravity of making unguarded tendentious comments on issues that have to do with Islam, Shari'ah, Law and constitution. It has become a habit of some brothers to comment on everything, especially the self-paraded, ad hoc, overnight #activists, who feel omniscient about all that exists.

NOTE: It is important to note that the viewpoint of the present writer is Islam (Qur'an, Hadith and Ijma').
Many a times, we roll our pen-balls or move our jaw on stuffs that are better left unsaid.  As we strive to correct, we cause more damage. We sin as we strive to earn more rewards. The Messenger (P.B.U.H) says, "One of you would utter a word in which he sees nothing wrong, but it (the word) drags him a distance of 70 years into the hell fire " (Bukhari and Muslim)

Many aspiring espousers do get it very wrong by thinking that activism is only when one is against one's people, religion or culture. Thus, some think that one must be either against Islam or its particular teaching or practice. If a Muslim wrongs, it becomes a topic, but if a non Muslim does the same thing, only a few talks about it.

Taking Yunusa Yellow versus Esse Oruru scenario as an example, at the wake of the incidence, voices troop in in bunches condemning the union between the spouses who are 18 & 17 years old respectively and calling for former's persecution and #JusticeForEsse. The same cry-wolf has never been heard when a father from Esse Oruru's Bayelsa state rapes own biological daughter, impregnates her and forcefully aborted the pregnancy. The Guardian newspaper reports:

"Abused, raped, impregnated and having the pregnancy forcefully aborted by her own biological father, a 12-year-old girl in Bayelsa State (name withheld) is presently battling for her life, as injuries she suffered from the unsuccessful process of abortion is threatening her life. The incident took place in Imirigi, Ogbia Council.The Guardian learnt that her father constantly and repeatedly raped the girl until she became pregnant. When the father learnt of her condition, he quickly handed her over to her lady friend, who took her through an unsuccessful process of abortion that left her with severe injuries, leading to constant bleeding from her private part."

Funny enough, none of the self-acclaimed phantom activists among the Muslims was seen condemning the act and the non Muslims too did not care to talk the talk. This alone should teach our folks how not to make themselves exploitable tools to be used against their religion - Shall they learn the lesson?

"To fight own religion?" Yes! Islamically, it's not the age that determines whether a girl is ripe for marriage, rather by becoming an adult. In other words, whenever a girl attains puberty, her hand can be sought in marriage irrespective of her age. Scientifically proven, the age at which a girl's transition to maturity starts from is 10. Quoting from Wikipedia encyclopedia, "Puberty is the process of physical changes through which a child 's body matures into an adult body capable of sexual reproduction to enable fertilization" and "On average, girls begin puberty around ages 1011; boys around ages 1112. Girls usually complete puberty around ages 1517, while boys usually complete puberty around ages 1617."
From the quote above, we may learn that it's not the law or any constitution that determines the age of marriage/sex, rather individual's body system. Because the moment a girl attains puberty, the urge for sexual intercourse begins to arise.

However, some still argue that, a girl can attain maturity but her body might not be mature enough for conceiving/delivery and that under 18 marriage increases the chances of getting  Vesicovaginal fistula (VVF).

But the 12 year old Bayelsa girl conceived and it was not the pregnancy that causes her problem, rather her private part was physically tempered with on the process of abortion. Thus, mothers of many that espouse against marriage at the age below 18 were married off as under 18s. So, if they still call the union a "rape" as they fondly do, that means the process through which they exist was a "RAPE" and they should call for their fathers' prosecution.

On the allegation that under 18 marriage causes VVF, I seek permission to disagree in case of Nigeria, because Ebonyi state is ranked the highest in VVF cases in Nigeria (See: Ebonyi tops in VVF cases  USAID -Daily Trust: www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ebonyi-tops-in-vvf-cases-usaid/134900.html), yet under 18 marriage is more practiced in northern Nigeria.

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Mahir

Danborno

Quote from: Mahir on April 05, 2016, 08:48:27 AM
Taking Yunusa Yellow versus Esse Oruru scenario as an example, at the wake of the incidence, voices troop in in bunches condemning the union between the spouses who are 18 & 17 years old respectively and calling for former's persecution and #JusticeForEsse. The same cry-wolf has never been heard when a father from Esse Oruru's Bayelsa state rapes own biological daughter, impregnates her and forcefully aborted the pregnancy.

Welcome to kanoonline and feel very comfortable Brother Mahir.
What I dont understand is, are you supporting what Yunusa did
or comparing Yunusa with a father that rape his daughter?
langubro

Mahir

Thank you for having the time to read through my brother.

I actually have the following view on the matter:

Some of our Muslim brothers could stand against a fellow Muslim when he is wrong, but couldn't do the same when a non Muslim is wrong.

Some people mispercieved activism to the extent that they think an activist must go against Islam or some its teachings.

As a Muslim, I believe Islam doesn't prohibit under 18 marriage. Therefore it remains permissible and doing it is not wrong.

The diseases that are claimed to be reasons for detecting under 18 marriage do occur even where the so called is not being practiced.

On the Yunusa Yellow&Wife, I have a very different view which seems to be unpopular among us today, but to my perception, it goes in line with the teaching of Qur'an;

I am against the act of taking Ese back to her non Muslim parents after she has announced Islam and insisted not reconnect with them. Allah says:

"O you who have believed, when the believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them. Allah is most knowing as to their faith. And if you know them to be believers, then do not return them to the disbelievers; they are not lawful [wives] for them, nor are they lawful [husbands] for them. But give the disbelievers what they have spent. And there is no blame upon you if you marry them when you have given them their due compensation. And hold not to marriage bonds with disbelieving women, but ask for what you have spent and let them ask for what they have spent. That is the judgement of Allah ; He judges between you. And Allah is Knowing and Wise." (Qur'an 60:9)

This is my perception but is subject to correction.

HUSNAA

I totally agree with you Mahir. Welcome to Konline. I think with the exception of Admin, I am probably the eldest person on line here. So I welcome u as a junior bro or a nephew.  I hope to learn a lot about Islamic rulings from you.
About Yusuf and his wife. This is just fitnah on the part of the christians supporting the case. Like you mentioned, if u were to dig deep into their own dirt, we wouldnt know where to put our noses because of the putrid odor. Bahaushe has a saying: laifi tudu ne. Sai ka take naka ka hango na wani. This man married the girl for the love of God. How about their baby factories? Who is talking about that criminal behavior where girls are made to become pregnant and the resulting children are sold to ritualists who mash them up for ritual purposes?? Is there a crime greater than this??? Even the devil will shudder at such callousness!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Danborno

Masha Allah, this brings us to the issue of "Media Propaganda" which the north and Muslims in particular must wake up to the challenges.  Because if I can vividly recall, this matter was put into flame by the Punch Newspaper. 

langubro

Mahir

Thank you Sister Husnah and Brother Danbarno,

Physical weapons are no more in used, rather the invisible and most hazardous one, which PROPAGANDA, the tool whose power our enemies have been using.

That's why I always advise my younger ones to be studying courses that are related to media and law.

Fateez

I find Ese and Yunusa's story particularly infuriating because the truth is as clear as

night and day yet, the loudest voices totally ignore it, fueling the media propaganda.

It's obvious that Ese and Yunusa were two silly teenagers in love that decided to elope in fear of how their

immediate community would react if they found out they were together.

Ese clearly knew what she was doing, in fact, it was on her insistence that Yunusa took her. If you read the

letter she wrote, you'll see he initially refused to run away with her and went to Kano alone. She was hurt

by this and kept writing to him so he returned to take her.

Judging from the letter also, you'll see that Ese was exposed to a lot of men at her parents' food kiosk and

apparently, nearly four-five men were interested in having a relationship with her. So even if it wasn't

Yunusa, Ese would have eloped with one of the others.

Her parents need to ask themselves why such a vulnerable young girl was exposed to so many men at

such a young age (that's if she's really 13, not 17 as they claim).

Did they not notice at all? Or did they turn a blind eye because her flirtation brought customers to the kiosk?

I understand their pain, I mean no parent would be happy if their teenager runs away to marry a man of a

different religion. However, they need to stop heaping all the blame on Yunusa. If they have a problem

with their daughter being a Muslim, they should face her squarely and drop the 'brainwashed, kidnapped

and forcefully converted' act because it is clearly a lie. They simply used the "forcefully converted to Islam"

angle to score cheap publicity points and the media jumped on it!

It's a shame really how easily the truth is manipulated in Nigerian journalism.

I have very little respect such journalists.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

Mahir

One thing about our people is that, they are quick at chanting boos against issues that have to do with Islam, simply to portray themselves as "MODERATE" - in their definition of moderation.

But when they find out that a non Muslim/Islam view is not right, they keep mute.