News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Baba Ganduje, "Aika-Aika" and "Aiki"

Started by Muhsin, April 17, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Following the Governor's unjustified action ("aika-aika") to buy exquisite, expensive cars worth over N600m for the State House of Assembly representatives, the ace and fearless investigative journalist of Freedom Radio, Kano, Nasiru Salisu Zango exposed how priority was misplaced, for the government had stopped the rebuilding work of the kidney dialysis room of Abdullahi Wase General Hospital called Asibitin Nassarawa. The room was gutted by fire some 2 years ago.

Zango aired the report a couple of days ago, though he has already had over 30 other reports on the same issue but the government was as silent as a rock. The hospital has always been inundated with patients. They have only been improvising, using a smaller room with fewer machines to treat the patients. Some patients might have died while waiting for their turn.

That was "aika-aika". No doubt about that. But the "aiki", a real project, has also (re) commenced yesterday, apparently following the exposition and comparison made by Zango.

I am impressed by both Zango and the government. I like a leader who listens. It's unfortunate that often the people around him, some of whom are employed to advise him, would rather kowtow to the boss, as it's said in the Nigerian parlance, in order to put food on their table to the detriment of the masses.

Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje is unquestionably very well educated, a vastly experienced civil servant and elderly. It's a huge contradiction, even incongruous that he's sometimes found wanting, or executing some weird projects in Kano. I just can't fathom it, wallahi.

I hope the Governor listens again and again and attentively to the masses who voted him in. He ought to listen to us for both earthly and heavenly gains. May Allah guide him and all our other leaders deliver, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.