News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Alu Dan-Kunyata, mai farar mota!

Started by Ibro2g, May 16, 2003, 02:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibro2g

I'm looking for anyone who has heard anything about this... who could possibly lead me to find something.

About 150-200 years ago, a man came into Katsina through the western gates on a beautiful pale white horse. Before he could arrive anywhere, the news got to the king that an Arab has come into katsina through the western gate. And ofcause, he was called upon to the king.
         The king questioned him of his name and where he is from, his name was Alu(Aliyu) dan-kunyata and was somewhat of a duke, and he also said he is from Sokoto. Till date the people of Katsina still dont believe he is from Sokoto, they believe he is from the Arabian penninsula.
         He announced to the king he had interest in staying in Katsina. He was such an obvious noble man, and the King liked him at the spot.  He gave him a large peice of land, which he built houses until after his death in what is now called Kofar bai.
         My grandmother told me he was heroworshiped, everyone liked him, the first outsider to marry from the unguwar Alkali province. She said she knew him in his old age, but he is the most handsome man she has ever seen... she might be exaggerating, but she thinks the city of Katsina has never seen a man of his handsomeness and nobility. She said: when ever he's going anywhere, little girls and those who want to get married stand by the street, and who ever he smiles at, would probably blush for a week. And if he smiles at her the next day again, it will boost just like mtn recharge cards do ;D.
        He had this white horse, that was so beautiful and so big, the people called it the white car. And thats how the name mai farar mota followed him.
        Him and most of his children got married at unguwar alkali, and my father is his grand child. My father was named after him, and was only 5 even when he was given one of his houses. Ofcause Alu was gone, and he was never traced to Sokoto or Arabia. There was a time his brothr came to visit him though from sokoto, but he never came back.
        All this happened three to four generations ago.I want to trace my great grand father to Sokoto who has originated us at Katsina. If anyone ever heard of Alu Dan-Kunyata, please do speak!
Safety and Peace

Muhammad

Ibro2g i think it is a fairly tale. You know more like the story of wali da Marina. People used to say walii dan marina can walk on High tension electric cables, which is obviously untrue. People also say that the learned waliyy drinks engine oil if he is pissed off.
People go to great lengths to boost the importance of someone they view as special.
Alu dakunyata, is not real.
Bissalam.

kilishi

:o :o :oIBRO at first i think u are just narrating one of those fairy tales,u said your father is/was his grand child,then your grand mother is his daughter,u should have clarified with her,may be is just tarihin kakanni,take maka ba da gaske bane,amma i like that story.my daughter is from kt may be she is part of the family ;D
ilishi

dfynest

my take on this is that if you really want to find out about him, go and see the historians in the emirate council, surely they must have something on him, especially given the fact that he was a Duke of some sorts, as you stated.
Likewise, a trip to Sokoto is not too bad an idea. The historians of the caliphate might have something on him too if indeed he came from there.

Ibro2g

guyz I'm not sure if its true or not, but there r elements of it.....
   and thanks dfyne one, I`ll try and see to that....why didnt I think of that.??????
Safety and Peace

kilishi

Quoteguyz I'm not sure if its true or not, but there r elements of it.....
? ?and thanks dfyne one, I`ll try and see to that....why didnt I think of that.??????

Keep us updated ibro. ???
ilishi

k/bai

ibro ya shiru on dis topic ??? im really interesstd in knowin d history bhind alu dan kunyata. as sugestd mak som rsearch n kip us informd