News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SNACKS, PASTRIES, SWEETS & DESERTS

Started by ummita, May 05, 2004, 01:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Finger licking snacks, sweets. Ranging from Dubluon, Alkaki, Nakiya Pancakes, cakes, pies, doughnut, biscuits etc, Traditional snacks, pastries & sweets welcome. Kindly drop recipes below :arrow: . Thank you[/b]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

ummita

And now my own creation:(Sweets). It takes a few minutes to prepare, serve after lunch or dinner meals. as desert. I named it GO GO BROWNY NUTS because I was watching inspector gadget (cartoon) when I came up with the recipee.

Ingrediants:
Peanuts (Gyadda) - 3 cups
Sugar                  - 1cup
Coconut               - 1/2 cup
Milk                     -  1/3 cup

Note that measurements might vary according to number of guests.

Method:
Blend coconut into rough granules then bring sugar to boil until golden brown, Pour fresh, peeled,fried peanuts/groundnuts into brown sugar. Make sure groundnuts are coated in the brown sugar. Pour 1/2 a cup of milk and stir until paste turns creamy. Pour the whole contents on a flat plate & sprinkle granulated coconut onto the sweet and allowed to cool. For best result store it in the fridge.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Twinkle

Hhhmmm ummita, i'm already having butterflies  :lol:
color=red]I RULE IN A UNIQUE WAY!

[/color]
[/i]

gogannaka

Super...............i had my sister prepare this sweet and i tell ya it was SUPER......tasted like snickers with a touch of bounty......maybe when i do it myself i'll add some chocolate or cocoa powder.

Thanx Ummita.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

dan kauye

uhmm ummiter dere's dis 1 we locally call "hallaka kwabo" aint it dsame?.i lyke dis hallaka kwabo but i cant rememba wen last i ate it coz its kinda outta vogue..abi?
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

kitkat

kai ma dai dan kauye! Ummita woudnt know "hallaka kwabo" if it bit her on the nose. Ba ka lura yar kwatas ba ce ne. Da fa bounty da snickers ne. Hallaka kwabo ai sai ku, :D

dan kauye

i c......gaskia fa...da kuma su..uhmm.....galaxy,kitkat(laffs wit apology),mars etc.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

gogannaka

Lol..............he got u there kit kat.....
Hallaka kwabo fa ba coconut.(at least the one i know)
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

kitkat

Wallahi na yarda. The guys's got a quick wit but i'll catch him on the rebound. Ko a ina ya ga galaxy a kauye oho.

Hafsy_Lady

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups grated carrots
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (or you can use pistachios)
1 cup raisins(make sure you dont end up eating the raisins before baking)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15x2 inch baking dish or 10 inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside. In a separate larger bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla by hand. Stir in the oil; the mixture should resemble pudding. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in the carrots, pineapple coconut, walnuts and raisins. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.

Note:Feel free to omit the coconut, walnuts, or raisins as your taste buds suit you. However, getting rid of the pineapple will take away from the moisture of the cake.

What you see is what you get[/b]

Anonymous

Hafsy_Lady

This desert has a name but we call it "La vida Locaaaa". My cousin was eating it and he goes, yawwa Hafsy do you remember that song, Lavida Loca? We went crackers! ;D

Laveeeeda Locaaaaa Recipe[/b]
Ingridients
1. 10 egg yolks
2. 1 cup of coconut milk
3. 200g of maize flour (seived!)
4. 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
5. 200g of butter
6. 500g of sugar

Instructions
1. Mix the flour, sugar, egg yolks with the coconut milk. Stir thoroughly until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the nutmeg powder and keep aside.
3. Use a brush and and rub butter in a pan and bring it to heat, then pour the half the butter.
4. Bake this layer on low heat until brown.
5. Add the rest of the butter
6. When it is done, turn the "laveeda loca" in a desert pan until it cools before serving.

Hafsy's serving tips
Get honey and pour over it.....ku bari sai irin da-daddare, when you settle to watch a nice movie. Get cozy in your couch with a nice cuppa & your la vida loca & the rest........shshhhhhhh *just indulge*.........you are in "La vida Loca"!

Fateez

Sounds nice Hafsy!!! How many does it serve?? Cos man, 10 egg yolks +

1 cup of coconut milk + 200g of butter + 500g sugar... sounds like heart

attack on a plate. Shud serve at least 7 people rite?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."    ~ Mark Twain

abayu

Salam,
Thank you very much Ummita and co for the nice and inventive recipes. Keep it up and I will give it a trail. I also urge all bachelors in the forum most especially the Kanawas to try it as well. :)
May the peace and blessings of Allah be unto the seal of Prophethood Muhammad SAAW.

Hafsy_Lady

Quote from: Fateez on March 18, 2007, 08:40:43 AM

Sounds nice Hafsy!!! How many does it serve?? Cos man, 10 egg yolks +

1 cup of coconut milk + 200g of butter + 500g sugar... sounds like heart

attack on a plate. Shud serve at least 7 people rite?

My dear it sounds alot but trust me its not alot. Ai you should not have a problem with eggs. Ke da kikace they are among your faves!