News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The New Coca-Cola Policy

Started by Anonymous, November 19, 2001, 12:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I believe that wonders will never end in Nigeria; check out the new Coca-Cola policy. The company recently started rejecting what they call dirty bottles, when returned by customers. This term 'dirty' was ambigiously stretched to mean anything from a drop of wax to a scratch on a bottle.

So if you so much as put a candle on bottle, that bottle is now bought by you for eternity, despite NEPA! They only accept new-looking bottles back. They have already passed this message down to thier dealers, thier excuse is that they can't wash something like simple wax off the bottles.

So gone are the days when you can pour concrete in the bottles and the company will either clean the bottle or crush and recycle it. Now they conviniently avoid even the mundane cleaning, and just impose the bottles on us the consumer, make heavier profit and cut down thier operational costs.

I want colleagues in the forum that live in Nigeria to try returning a waxed bottle to thier Coca-cola retailer and see; I tried that in several places in Kano and got the same message; the bottle is mine forever whether I like it or not.

That is the treatment we get from a company that recently hiked its price from N20 to N25. The other companies of soft drinks like 7-Up are also towing the same line, so who shall save us? :o :o :o

sdanyaro

Umar,

This new Coca-Cola policy is interesting... I think it could backfire for them because that means that the price of the soft drink is essentially the price of the bottle plus the price of the content of the bottle, which will raise the price of soft drink beyond what the many soft drinkers could bear. This will cause people to look for alternative soft drinks. I myself prefer the good old test of Zuborodo . . .

Another unfortunate thing is that many of the dealers could also loose business.

A sharuwa lafiya.

Anonymous

Not really so Salisu, what it means is that the price of the bottle will be taken out of the deposit you pay when you collect the bottle. It will have no effect on the price of the soft drink, which has already been adjusted upwards anyway.

Anonymous

:o :o :o
Holy God
coke is worth 20-25 naira
LA'ILAHA ILALLAH
where is this government taking us?
MAY ALLAH HAVE MERCY ON THE MASSES
they have suffered and honestly if u try to be a part of them (just try it once b4 going to sleep put yurself in thier place) u wouldnt be able to stop tears rolling down.
haba
gaskiya this is too much
just two yrs ago it was 12 bucks man
cant believe this

sdanyaro

Where have you been Ali? Prices of many essential and non essential items have been skyrocketing out of control for a while now. No sector of the local economy is exempted; Transportation, Agricultural (Food & Drinkable Water), Education etc... Like you said, sai dai addu'a and some really precarious and unreal survival maneuvers are keeping most people afloat.

Anonymous

people sef... whut are u doing drinkin coke????

Zobo...kunun zaki.. nono.. water... all na betta ting!!!... but yet people DIE to buy coke, fanta, sprite etc... they're not even healthy at aaaalll!!!....

and i dont understand how people go and spend heavy money on five alive, joker, tamek...etc.... when u can get ur sweet sweet zobo!!!

stop doin things cuz its "trendy"... dare to be a rebel  :P  :D

Anonymous

Assalaam Alaikum All

What Fyne said is absolutely right. Why fill urself up with caffeine when you can enjoy a natural taste of zobo and other natural drinks? Besides- it's not worth spending a penny on coke. Anyway they've got some ppl all hooked up on it and it can be hard to get off it just in one go.

Da kwai Allah ai!!! Allah ya gyara mana wannan kasa tamu. Ameen.

Anonymous

Assalamu Alaikum

I have, for may times now, gone against the wishes of what the original topic was. And today also I would.
There is no doubt that the prices a lot of goods has risen. Not for a bad reason, one must add. Because NIgeria imports almost every thing from toothpaste to slippers, we must accept thge fact that our national currency would experience this strain demand and supply. If we could not supply more dollars than we are spending- for imports, all items imported will be hiked because the naira itself will be devalued.
Talking of Coca Cola, their policy is most consistent with what all companies will undoubtedly do. Remember cleaning the bottles mean, spending more money for that venture. How are they supposed to recup their investements? Hike costs.... no we dont like that. Shed jobs....no dont like that either. Force people to clean their bottle...... no we dont like that but, it's the only choice that does not affect consumer.
Note making your bottles clean is the consumers responsibility and after all, Coca-Cola is not forcing no one to buy its product.
I must say also that Coke can introduce disposible cans- aluminium that are recycable- so that price will be lowered and no one have to clean their bottle.
Wannan shine raayi na.
Sai anjima ahuta lafiya.  

Rose

Salama Alaikum

You guys are all talking about going back to traditional drink sobo--, kunun zaki etc.  How cheap is sugar the must important ingredient of the drink?  ??? ??? ???
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

sdanyaro

Assalamu alaikum;

Since we are talking about one of my favorite drinks, here is the recipe both in Hausa and English the way I know it. If you need Ajami, Fulani, Arabic, French or any other language version, let me know;

Hausa
'Dauraye ganyen zobon
Sai a sa a tukunya a zuba ruwa
A dafa har sai ya tafasa
Bayan ya tafasa, sai a tace
A k'ara ruwa da sukari yanda a ke so
A iya kara kankara ko a sa a firinji

English
Rinse zobo leaves
Place leaves in pot
Add water and boil
Strain, add more water to juice and sugar to taste
Put ice or keep in fridge

Enjoy the refreshing test of one of my favorite drinks! brought to you by Kano Online....

Rose

Ummmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::) :o ::) :D
An Gaisheka Mallam Salisu.
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Ihsan

Assalaam Alaikum

Malam Salisu sai mutanen coke sun yi sueing dinka  :P (LOL) *kidding* but that's really interesting.

Yeah, it's true that the cost of sugar has to be considered (in the case of traditional drinks) but at the same time, I still think it's better to drink something natural than artificial. Besides-even a little sugar can give it a sweet taste. Ko kuma ma without sugar-it's all good ( I kind of like it without sugar)  :-X .

A huta lafiya. Ma'3ssalaamah.
greetings from Ihsaneey

Blaqueen

LoL!! wallahi kwa!!!! hahahahaha..... ME I NO DEY OH!!!  :P  we dey salute u well well.... ;)

and also add some pineapple juice....or squeeze some oranges... or add that "pilampari" sum'in... u know one tiny minty thingie.... :)
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

God Bless the soul that created zobo.
Everyone run for yur zobos
yeah
okay
since caffiene is an important element in our daily diet
how about creating a goro-drink
honestly
just think of it
GORO-KOLA
yeah
what da ya say
who wants ta invest

Blaqueen

tirrr.... i hate goro!!!!!....sorry man.... :P... pure zobo will do meeh juss fyne!!!!....
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy